rabitldr

Retaining HC and fixing side balance, Tip System

37 posts in this topic

I'm not sure the worries about abuse are as much a worry as you might think. There's no self promotion right now, it's not allowed as far as I know. No advertising. If you just made it a TOS to ask for a tip (screen shot the offender) so that they are immediately removed from HC in such a case. No way in hell anyone would do it. Yes voice coms get round it but then spies and all that guff have used TS to do so. Some things you can't fix and while some problems are introduced when you fix bigger issues. If the new hardware would allow a greater/closer monitoring system of HC Officers then this would also have a greater safeguard

You know what would happen to a HC that held back in want of a tip? I think the player base would turn on them like an angry bull. It would not happen twice. I think the uniforms would be essential. The HC out there doing the job would get the tips, from a FB blow up to someone moving a unit. It might not be perfect but it would fix more problems what it would raise I think. Can a RAT look at this?

In a couple of months there will be thousands of new players. There are not enough HC on that will cause a lot of issues very fast. We need something to fix this, fast

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think CRS dropped the ball long time ago in this subject. 

There are enough long time players with enough rank that could make decisions.  No HC is on system picks out 3 high ranking players and these 3 players have a simple chat menu that they will be put in to * set ,pull an AO or maybe move a few Brigades as needed.

Why 3 players cause 2 will override the one. 

In my eyes it's silly that you have to join some higher mechanism to make decisions on the map when we have plenty long time players that understand what needs to get done at certain times. 

A simple menu for these players that get pulled in when no HC is on to make decisions should do the Trick. 

If one player does not want to make said decision then he just declines and it will be passed onto the next. Someone will make the decision necessary.  

If you want to go as far as staying anonymous then let'sdo that to so these players don't get butcher at like some HC have to endure now.

My 2 cents to that subject.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, dre21 said:

I think CRS dropped the ball long time ago in this subject. 

There are enough long time players with enough rank that could make decisions.  No HC is on system picks out 3 high ranking players and these 3 players have a simple chat menu that they will be put in to * set ,pull an AO or maybe move a few Brigades as needed.

Why 3 players cause 2 will override the one. 

In my eyes it's silly that you have to join some higher mechanism to make decisions on the map when we have plenty long time players that understand what needs to get done at certain times. 

A simple menu for these players that get pulled in when no HC is on to make decisions should do the Trick. 

If one player does not want to make said decision then he just declines and it will be passed onto the next. Someone will make the decision necessary.  

If you want to go as far as staying anonymous then let'sdo that to so these players don't get butcher at like some HC have to endure now.

My 2 cents to that subject.

Not a bad idea, except for the anonymous part.

 

So let's say someone with game rank spawns in on their opponent's side during low pop after being rolled across a couple of towns. They wait until HC duties are on them and then they send all flags to training.

What's a good way to keep THAT from happening?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, vasduten1 said:

Not a bad idea, except for the anonymous part.

 

So let's say someone with game rank spawns in on their opponent's side during low pop after being rolled across a couple of towns. They wait until HC duties are on them and then they send all flags to training.

What's a good way to keep THAT from happening?

 

Disable the "sent to training" option?

Or is this how the supplys are remade?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, vasduten1 said:

Not a bad idea, except for the anonymous part.

 

So let's say someone with game rank spawns in on their opponent's side during low pop after being rolled across a couple of towns. They wait until HC duties are on them and then they send all flags to training.

What's a good way to keep THAT from happening?

 

Well that's why there are the 3 players hard to do so when u have 3 players making the decisions. CRS would have to put a fail save into it. And I highly doubt that 3 players going from one side to the other would be chosen. But then it's WWIIOL weird stuff happens.

I bet there is a remedy to it . Maybe crossrefrence with how many log ins on each side so a player that only spawns in once on the other side doesn't get chosen. Maybe bump the number to 5 players 3 win the majority.  I know there is a solution to this then just to rely on players going into HC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, rabitldr said:

There are not enough HC on that will cause a lot of issues very fast. We need something to fix this, fast

Yep. I thought that the plan was to get more HC by greatly reducing their workload (removing TOE). Apparently that's not happening. A tipping system like you suggested has problems, but at least it's an attempt to address the bigger problem. There are people here that want to keep HC as it is but they can't staff their own org, and they oppose any real change so I don't know what they expect to happen.

 

The best way to gain and retain HC short of paying them would be to enable a more partial commitment, but from what I've seen that's impossible. Any HC officer that just wants to log on and maybe help with attacks for two hours or so is going to get [censored] on when he doesn't want to take map and monitor brigades for an entire shift.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, dre21 said:

Well that's why there are the 3 players hard to do so when u have 3 players making the decisions. CRS would have to put a fail save into it. And I highly doubt that 3 players going from one side to the other would be chosen. But then it's WWIIOL weird stuff happens.

I bet there is a remedy to it . Maybe crossrefrence with how many log ins on each side so a player that only spawns in once on the other side doesn't get chosen. Maybe bump the number to 5 players 3 win the majority.  I know there is a solution to this then just to rely on players going into HC.

I hate to break it to you, but even if system assigns HC to veteran players, nobody is going to want to do this.

 

Nobody wants to do the job now, and it's elective. Making it a mandatory process they can either deny or accept will lead to everyone hitting the "deny" button.

 

The current system of ToES is NOT HC conducive. 

It's labor intensive and the burn out rate is high. 

Most vets have been in HC at one or more times in their histories, and I may be speaking too broadly here, but I've got a good hunch none of the guys I see all the time would want to do this.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I have been with the gsme since 2001 never been HC and to be all honest most guys that were HC for a long time or CINC  retired from game to never set foot into it again. So why would someone want to join HC if it will make you hate the game and quit. 

I would not be opposed to make map moves once in awhile if called up on ,or set an AO but to join HC ,I just have to much fun playing the game that I can't devote ( or better said not willing to devote my time in game ) to constantly do HC stuff. 

But if the call would come that something needs to be done and I would be one of the 3 or 5 highest-ranking players ( no HC online) I would take that time out of my game time. 

And most times there are tons of max rank players online that being called up would always fall onto other players and not just you. 

So in other words maybe out of 10 decisions you will get called on 3 times cause it would spread out over the high ranking players.

I'm just trying to find a solution here. Not saying that my idea is the end all solution. But if you ever owned the original box of the game it even mentions that it will promote players within game. Well besides rank it only means I can spawn everything ,it means nothing,  unless I fill out an application.

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

instead of money give them toys ,a headquarters creature that they can place somewhere, personal vehicles, aircraft, tactical and strategic reserves outside of normal supply, artillery, recon radar and radio intercept so they can listen to or find enemy headquarters, spies  anything u can think of, and if u give them toys they will get staff to run it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

look this is real simple. a game that paid players or rewarded players or allowed regular players to tip/pay for: 

> leaders who are good/smart
> squads  who accomplish stuff
> good players who get stuff done
> achievements by a player/squad/leader/side

would: 

> become famous real fast 
> attract more players (more $$$)
> break new ground
> be an extension of what is happening in e-sports already 

plus you could (eventually) get a bank, games company, bitcoin and other corporations who want to talk to young (?) games people to sponsor and/or provide funding. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, saronin said:

This system on works if HC wear g strings while playing. 

Here is the new HC Uniform under discussion in Off-Topic. 

59100-SeAIOpOci3dUFT3Uwi9bOw.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.