• Announcements

• CHIMM

Operation Burning Skies   09/17/2019

All pilots scramble!  Strap yourself in for this months Community event - Operation Burning Skies! This Sunday, September 22, 11 am – 5 pm server time. In honor of XOOM and friends showcasing WWII Online at the Oregon International  Air Show – our forces too will battle for superiority in Operation Burning Skies. High Commands are on high alert to rally their forces to victory! Lift off, and see a whole new world of WWII Online… Fearless bomber pilots make the skies rain down fire – our daring fighter pilots are in pursuit of their prey- as western Europe erupts in war on the ground below! Rally your squads, rally your buddies - Combined arms are back!  …Under Burning Skies! SALUTE!
sorella

The Destruction of Army Group North

74 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Capco said:

In the history of TOEs, there have never been 3 timers.  There's a backline-backline timer and then everything else.  

I don't even know if what they are proposing is possible.  That might be why it didn't happen this campaign.  

then they need to code it in if it's not available :) ... am I reading it wrong in what Xoom wrote? 

I just want to point out the fact we don't want huge swaths of ground taken too fast.  Its just to hard on the player base morale.  I don't like the trickle timer either because it allows for unearned counter attacks.  we can have counter attacks anyway without one side spending hours attacking, capture the town only to lose the town to a lighting fast counter attack due to lack of supply by no fault of their own. We tried this once in the past and that's why its how it was before this map.

Maybe we should lower the % it takes to win the map also.  I think its 95% right now so lets try 90%.  Depot timers are too fast given the amount of players coming from steam.

Rear to Front line bgd timers should be very slow while rear rear bgd timers move fast etc etc.  Every depot should be captured before the ab goes hot which will cut down on bunker duty and keep the battle going longer. (but may be a coding thing though)

I don't think any bgds should go to training.  CRS your goal here is to allow one side to win while keeping at least a good portion of the losing side in game.

*** In the history of TOEs, there have never been 3 timers.  There's a backline-backline timer and then everything else.  

This is all I've ever seen too.

There are 4 possible moves to be made: (for the REALLY astute HC, what are the other 6 possible moves that can be made on map, as there are 10 total?)

Front Front

Front Back

Back Front

and Back Back

Anything with Front in it in the past, was always 1 hour; only Back to Back was 30 min.

These new changes made the first 3, 30 minutes, and the last one 15 min.

I don't know if they can put a different timer on each move variation.

In video games making just about any element faster raises the skill ceiling. I don't know why CRS would make brigades move faster in an attempt to reduce the HC workload. Especially when they've spent years trying to slow things down at both the tactical and strategic level in order to prevent one side from getting rolled.

They should find the HC officer stuck pulling map duty at odd hours, and ask him what would make his job easier instead of listening to the US prime time HC that apparently have so little workload that they enjoy playing with flags.

8 hours ago, vasduten1 said:

We've got this combined arms MMOFPS that promises all sorts of fun and action, but in metaphorical terms, there's the physical embodiment of the board game Risk face sitting on the player base like a 400 lb dominatrix with a peaked vinyl officer's cap smothering the life out of it.

I hate you for the image this created in my mind. Lol. Good writing, though..

Maybe try frontline move timers at 90 min; and backline at 30.  That will slow things up some.  And still allow backline to move fast to cover if need.

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Scking said:

then they need to code it in if it's not available :) ... am I reading it wrong in what Xoom wrote? 

You're not reading it wrong.  That was his intention, but I think he was incorrect in what he thought was possible.  

And coding options are likely not on the table right now.  We need to work with what we have and make the best of it until 1.36 arrives.  

1 hour ago, david01 said:

In video games making just about any element faster raises the skill ceiling. I don't know why CRS would make brigades move faster in an attempt to reduce the HC workload. Especially when they've spent years trying to slow things down at both the tactical and strategic level in order to prevent one side from getting rolled.

They should find the HC officer stuck pulling map duty at odd hours, and ask him what would make his job easier instead of listening to the US prime time HC that apparently have so little workload that they enjoy playing with flags.

To your first point, you're absolutely correct.  When I offered suggestions for the last TOEs tweaks, I recommended 90min frontline and 45min backline.  When the new rules were announced prior to C139, multiple MOICs predicted it was potentially a bad move to lower the movement timers.  There wasn't a single person that recommended faster movement timers afaik.  

To your second point, most of the exotic map moving happens outside of prime.  But you're right in that it is this group of officers that knows the catastrophic parts of TOEs better than any other subset.  I've MOIC'ed more odd hours than prime time hours fwiw.

21 hours ago, OHM said:

Well this is not a normal campaign start ... both sides set up differently.     blink and you missed it

So once again.... HC ruined the map. But in a completely different way  lol

No, it was not HC.

It was an error by the system with move timers that caused it.

Just, this time (unlike map 136) they didn't call the map a draw and restart - they let it play.

I didn't even get to play this campaign. I logged in at 7:15pm tonight and the system announced the server was coming down. Too funny lol

15 minutes ago, delems said:

No, it was not HC.

It was an error by the system with move timers that caused it.

Just, this time (unlike map 136) they didn't call the map a draw and restart - they let it play.

Actually 136 not only had the issue with capture timers but 4 divisions were placed incorrectly 3 towns back. This was a system error, which is why it was declared a draw. 

2 people like this

1 minute ago, blkhwk8 said:

Actually 136 not only had the issue with capture timers but 4 divisions were placed incorrectly 3 towns back. This was a system error, which is why it was declared a draw. 

This is correct.  The Rats borked the Allied deployments and the campaign was called a draw after talking to both CinCs.  

idk, sounds like revisionist history to me.

I mean, zoom came on himself and apologized for the fast capture timers.  Said nothing about flag deployments.

How do you square that?

16 minutes ago, delems said:

idk, sounds like revisionist history to me.

I mean, zoom came on himself and apologized for the fast capture timers.  Said nothing about flag deployments.

How do you square that?

From the discussions C136:

On 4/22/2017 at 6:50 PM, Scking said:

I am more sore about the deployments at the beginning of the map that left Leuven absolutely empty against two full divisions even when it was brought up to a Rat prior to the map going live. Seems I am the only one that is sore about it though so I will have to just get over it I guess.  

On 4/22/2017 at 6:57 PM, Mosizlak said:

No, I thought it was ridiculous as well. I thought there were no AHC online to move the brigades. 

Very shoddy opening to a ridiculous campaign. 

There's also a thread in the Senior AHC forums about it.  

Nothing ventured , nothing gained. Theres nothing wrong with trying new idea's.

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, usaf77 said:

Nothing ventured , nothing gained. Theres nothing wrong with trying new idea's.

Usually, but in the context of what we are posting about, yes there is...There's a lot to lose. 

1 hour ago, Mosizlak said:

Usually, but in the context of what we are posting about, yes there is...There's a lot to lose. 

Yes, its not too good to force paying customers to beta test things during live campaigns.

you could lose paying cusomers lol :)

Edited by krazydog
1 person likes this

On 6/20/2017 at 6:18 AM, vasduten1 said:

We've got this combined arms MMOFPS that promises all sorts of fun and action, but in metaphorical terms, there's the physical embodiment of the board game Risk face sitting on the player base like a 400 lb dominatrix with a peaked vinyl officer's cap smothering the life out of it.

Or as you like to call it...   Saturday!

P.S.  Some Chinese guy just stole your backpack. 

1 hour ago, saronin said:

Or as you like to call it...   Saturday!

P.S.  Some Chinese guy just stole your backpack. 

Those Chinese HAXXORS!!!!!

On 6/19/2017 at 10:56 PM, OHM said:

Well this is not a normal campaign start ... both sides set up differently.     blink and you missed it

soon......