Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

sydspain

Supply should be reduced

sydspain

10 hours resupply timers don't fit with the actual population in this game, we have too many supply, too many tanks, too many automatic weapons... If you want to keep 10h timers because it's more fair to all TZ at least supply should be reduced acording to this change of timers and this level of population, because right know feels like playing intermision all day.

sbd1

Agreed. Too many brigades, too much supply; this applies for the air too.

• Like 1

krazydog

Reduced supply timers should mean reduced supply lists.  It makes sense, and I agree.

But its probably going to be a nasty process changing all the supply lists - everything needs to be rebalanced.  

There will probably be some complaining from the community - after all thats what we do.

• Like 2

forrest

Damaged factories are also repairing too fast.  Decrease factory repair speed, please.  Thank you!

Edited by forrest
  • Like 1

vasduten1

Agreed; and I'll add that there should really be a sliding scale applied here. More people log in, a notification, and a new brigade is available. 

I'm thinking like 2/3 or slightly less than what we have now for current numbers of players, and then when the pop reaches the next threshold, each side gets a brigade. Doesn't have to be fancy.

Also, agreed that factories repair too quickly. I'd offer that only one variable at a time should be changed though. Might be just right for less supply.

• Like 2

Capco

Seriously. Why on Earth do you guys at CRS only halfway listen sometimes?

When I suggested lowering RDP timers, it was a threefold suggestion: 

-Reduce RDP timers by 50%

-cut supply by roughly 50% (probably a little less to compensate for high pop)

-double the time it takes for factories to repair RDP damage

Just lowering resupply timers in a vacuum actually exasperates JWBS and massive cutoffs. 

I cant spell it out any clearer!! 

• Like 1

delems

x10,  Who can't figure out on a map where there is already too much supply, if you cut the RDP timers nearly half and leave the supply numbers alone, the problem won't be 5x as bad?

By my calculations, you can shoot down an ea every 12 seconds, all day! - and NEVER run out of ea to shoot.

Same for SMG/LMG - kill one every 12 seconds all day, and NEVER run out of them (this not even counting air or navy, btw).

And we haven't even started counting the rifles, snipers etc.

or sink a destroyer every 6 minutes, all day, and never run out of destroyers.

There is far too much supply on map. Cut every flag in half imo.

Edited by delems
  • Like 3

potthead

100% Agree

the recent changes were a sad affair.... 

My biggest problem with TOE has always been magical supply (rotation of new brigade into a town under attack and making all attrition meaningless)

The current changes only add to the problem.

I rejoined over 16-18 months ago over after a couple of years due to a RUMOR i heard that we are going back to town supply (which is limited supply and attrition matters as magic clicks from HC can not move new supply in )

Now after patiently waiting 16 months - I can not express how disappointed  I am that this has not only been placed on pause but also we have gone in the wrong direction of making HC game FASTER not SLOWER as well as MORE supply by reducing the ticket timers for RDP ..... 

That makes me a SAD potthead.... and potthead very rarely gets SAD...

I am sorry to be openly criticizing CRS (which I know is extremely low on resources) but feel like have to voice my GENUINE SADNESS as usually not being HAPPY leads to not playing and if I feel this way I can be sure MANY feel WORSE as I am a natural SUPER OPTIMIST.... 

Also credit goes where credit is DUE and on that note .... AMAZING JOB with changing CAP TIMERS>> 100% much more fun on the field of COMBAT SIMULATION! Which is what we love... the Strategy (HC game) has always been childish and gamey at best - a poor attempt at creating a Risk type board game... and I personally can not wait till it becomes HISTORY - it is a EASY mode of Heart of Iron at best...  and TRUST me when I tell you I know the HC system/game INSIDE / OUT  - ToE and non-ToE

I will make it SIMPLE -------------------- 

If 30-50 players attack a town for over 3 hours ------ and 30-50 players DEFEND the same town for 2-3 hours .......................... THERE SHOULD BE 0 new supply available trickling in and fight should END ... with a VICTORY for ATTACKER .. or a VICTORY for DEFENDER .........................

Stalemates happen WAY too often....

Victory is ONLY possible when one side STOPS playing....

in an AVERAGE person's gaming session (max 4 hours) ..... an OUTCOME should be POSSIBLE ... not denied by rotation of new supply... 

I am only a customer and can only say how SAD I am that brigade removal has been put on hold for ANY OTHER priority including going to STEAM... ESPECIALLY going to STEAM... with this product as it is. 

I dont want NO HYBRID -- -I Simply want ToE DELETED....  

#NOTMYTOE #SAVEUS #MAKEWWIIOLGREATAGAIN #MWGA #SAVEWWIIOL #LOVE #SAD #PASSION #REMOVECANCERTOE

/Friday ran off. 

S!

Potthead

• Like 2

major0noob

i think they want intermission supply. last time we actually achieved attrition they reset supply.

in 138 there was RDP bombing up to 95% with questionable results:

they probably saw that, thought it would be the end of the game and put timers back to 10 hours.

when i left there was no way we used 2 div's worth supply in even 15 hours, no way in hell without prime time too. outside prime time we barley used 2 brigs...

• Like 1

vasduten1

I've never asserted that 1.36 will be a magic pill that fixes everything.

If I seem passionate about removing ToES, I am.

I'm done with it. This game should have done away with it six months after it went in and everyone left. It's been a long, LONG time of this magic warp nonsense, with little to no incentive to spend what little time I have to play online games setting up on a town, working it down back and forth for an hour, two or three and then *poof!* New flag in, tanks rolling all over the place, camping CPs, the AB, etc. 

I'm sure you agree, you sad as much above.

It is most unfortunate that we have not been working out the bugs to 1.36 over the past month and a half.

Steam is going to tax the hell out of CRS, just in support tickets alone. I can't say what they should do, but I know what I'd do.

I'd put Steam off for six months and get 1.36 finished with town only supply to start while any hybridization is worked on in the background and later patched in. 

Then again, I'm not  game developer. 

:)

• Like 1

PITTPETE
33 minutes ago, potthead said:

I Simply want ToE DELETED....

Cant believe we're still waiting for this.

Put every available resource on this Xoom and stop fooling around. Some of us are running out of patience.

• Like 5

Mosizlak
5 minutes ago, Pittpete said:

Cant believe we're still waiting for this.

Put every available resource on this Xoom and stop fooling around. Some of us are running out of patience.

Yup. 

Just look at the last debacle of a campaign.  

It has to go and now, should be P1. When Steam hits it will be a disaster.  We don't have enough HC online to deal with 2 AOs. What's gonna happen when we have 500 new players running around and we have 6 AOs? 

DISASTER. 

• Like 4

Capco
1 hour ago, vasduten1 said:

I've never asserted that 1.36 will be a magic pill that fixes everything.

I'm done with it. This game should have done away with it six months after it went in and everyone left. It's been a long, LONG time of this magic warp nonsense, with little to no incentive to spend what little time I have to play online games setting up on a town, working it down back and forth for an hour, two or three and then *poof!* New flag in, tanks rolling all over the place, camping CPs, the AB, etc. 

I'm sure you agree, you sad as much above.

It is most unfortunate that we have not been working out the bugs to 1.36 over the past month and a half.

Steam is going to tax the hell out of CRS, just in support tickets alone. I can't say what they should do, but I know what I'd do.

I'd put Steam off for six months and get 1.36 finished with town only supply to start while any hybridization is worked on in the background and later patched in. 

Then again, I'm not  game developer. 

:)

Wrong thread ;)

Capco
2 hours ago, potthead said:

I will make it SIMPLE -------------------- 

If 30-50 players attack a town for over 3 hours ------ and 30-50 players DEFEND the same town for 2-3 hours .......................... THERE SHOULD BE 0 new supply available trickling in and fight should END ... with a VICTORY for ATTACKER .. or a VICTORY for DEFENDER .........................

Stalemates happen WAY too often....

Victory is ONLY possible when one side STOPS playing....

in an AVERAGE person's gaming session (max 4 hours) ..... an OUTCOME should be POSSIBLE ... not denied by rotation of new supply... 

If this is your best argument, I'd counter with trickle timer delays (which were not raised enough to have an effect in C139) and flag stacking penalties/restrictions for contested AOs as being much easier solutions to implement (and they could have been done by now 10 times over).  The reason why 1.36 was frozen before Steam is because it's still too convoluted at this stage

And we both know that's not the key argument for 1.36.  The key argument is the lack of 24/7 HC coverage for managing 100% of the supply.  That leads to catastrophic failures and must come to an end ASAP.  

But 100% town-supply isn't the only solution.  It's like using a broadsword during surgery in place of a scalpel.  

• Like 1

vasduten1

Ha, I must have switched tabs.

Ah well.

When Steam hits, the lack of HC and suddenly more than two AOs is going to give a lot of new players a very bad experience.

I'm worried.

• Like 1

forrest
2 hours ago, vasduten1 said:

Agreed.

major0noob
25 minutes ago, Capco said:

But 100% town-supply isn't the only solution.  It's like using a broadsword during surgery in place of a scalpel.  

we want to kill the flag gameplay, i'd prefer a cartoonish viking battle-axe:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQOOo69qJ2c_12Qf0fbCPp

• Like 2

Blkhwk8
8 hours ago, Capco said:

Seriously. Why on Earth do you guys at CRS only halfway listen sometimes?

When I suggested lowering RDP timers, it was a threefold suggestion: 

-Reduce RDP timers by 50%

-cut supply by roughly 50% (probably a little less to compensate for high pop)

-double the time it takes for factories to repair RDP damage

Just lowering resupply timers in a vacuum actually exasperates JWBS and massive cutoffs. 

I cant spell it out any clearer!! 

While I would like to see this, here is the thing I also see as a current HC mapmover -

Side Channel - " Town A is out of supply - we are going to lose the town"

HC - .du Town A - 124 tickets 10hr resupply SMGs and High Tier Tanks - Side Channel Response "I just checked supply and there is plenty there, now there might be low supply of SMGs and High Tier tanks, but we have a fair amount of supply"

Side Channel " BS - I cant defend with just rifles" 

HC "I can try and set a FRU from back line town"

Side Channel " Screw it I am just going to log"

Now this is not always the case but it is getting to be more common. I am concerned that supply and Steam will be rough at best. Steam gamers are use to Instant Gradification and Instant Fight. THis game play is very unique with a steep learning curve. Its a strategic game (not just TOE but playing as well). I play mostly infantry, and until recently mostly rifleman (never liked the French SMG  I prefer the more accurate rifle at a distance) I am not a great tanker as I cant hear around me, Im deadly with an ATG but very vunerable with out someone covering my six. 

Point is Steam players for most part are LW mentality with very little teamwork. I was a member of several squads, and recently left AEF not because I dont like any of them, but because when I normally play no one is on comms and in game. I fell in love with this game for the gameplay and combine tactics Inf/Tank/Air - You give me 10 - 15 on discord We can pretty much take a town ( it might take hours but it will fall with organized pressure)

I cant tell you the number of times I loggin and take map only to get .m "This Attack sucks its not going anywhere" because it doesnt have the instant gratification. I keep dying, I dont know why my FRU went down. Most of the time the people run straight in from the FRU (Ant Trail) which makes it easier to locate. No one has the patience to take the time and slowly work your way into a town, set up a ZOC and attrit the enemy. There were several battles the last few maps where the town fell but it stopped the advance because the brigade was drained to the point it could not push forward. 

I think 1.36 should go in before Steam. 

1. Steam players will learn one type of game (TOEs) only to have it morph into something new (1.36) leaving the Steam pb to complain about the changes.

2. The whole thing that got me excited was 1.36 would be released prior to Steam to have a live trial with those of us who have been here, to help flush issues out. For example we know that a 30 second capture timer is a disaster, we know Front - Front movement timers should not be lowered. We know population dictates the outcome of the maps 90% of the time. (5% Map Movement Issues (mistakes) 5% Other factors)

3. The direction of this game has not been mapped out in detail - Yes the roadmap is there and Xoom and his team are trying to be as open as possible, but No one knows what 1.36 entails, we know it is not TOE equipemnt and not quite the old Town Based Supply, no details have been flushed out.

4. You only get one shot at a first impression - This is a make or break release for the game (I know we have been here before) but lets face it, the eye candy which attracts new players is not up to par, its the gameplay itself that keeps us all here. This is the best game I have played, and while it frustrates at times, I always seem to come back. I started in Sept 2001 and here we are 16 years later. We are the longest lasting MMO but if we squander the opportunity with Steam where do you go, how do you recover? I know you are making sure the Technical aspects are there and they are appreciated, thats the foundation, but what about the meat and potatoes the game itself, WHy release Steam if you are not ready? And clearly your player base, the loyal player base (we all are) are trying to articulate this to you. 

• Like 2

potthead
4 hours ago, Capco said:

If this is your best argument, I'd counter with trickle timer delays (which were not raised enough to have an effect in C139) and flag stacking penalties/restrictions for contested AOs as being much easier solutions to implement (and they could have been done by now 10 times over).  The reason why 1.36 was frozen before Steam is because it's still too convoluted at this stage

And we both know that's not the key argument for 1.36.  The key argument is the lack of 24/7 HC coverage for managing 100% of the supply.  That leads to catastrophic failures and must come to an end ASAP.  

I know this fact... I am just sad / frustrated a bit that is all.. I just had my hopes up too much i guess :( 

During town based supply game was played by more players and it felt more fun. (at least for me and the people i played with in ANZACS on allied side and in 3PZG on Axis side) 

My argument since 2007/8 has always been the same.... never about HC coverage... HC coverage is just a result of game becoming less fun post TOE and slowly losing players including HC...If game is more fun .. there will be more players including more HC..  we used to have so many HC back before TOE 

I returned last year sometime in April or so as soon as one of my old squadies told me a rumor that we were going back to town-supply and inf MSPs are gone... so about 10 of us were back in that June soldier promotion .. now sadly I'm last man standing after 16 months pretty much because each few months someone got bored of waiting around for the OLD GAME (i.e. town based supply) to come back . . .  

I am just venting really... no big deal ... my observation from quite a narrow perspective.. I have no business interest in the game and when i think about it, don't want to be either way responsible with its future direction.. so credit to the guys doing it and taking risks ... each risk will have consequences .... taking this product to steam ... it is a risk .. 

I think I know the gist of your position, you like TOE just think it is not quite deployed correctly and manned insufficiently (maybe I understand incorrectly, please correct me if I am wrong)..

But my position is very different. I think TOE is a broken idea at the CORE and not attractive to enough players to create a critical mass, in comparison to the OLD system.. which had NO HUMANS in charge of supply.. I prefer that .. 

I just love wwiiol  - that is the true fact... the rest, well I just hope enough others love it too and make it great again!

frustrated?.. probably a bit... will i get over it?.. for sure :) 

• Like 1

monsjoex

Still its kind of good if they can release on steam and then like 3 months after have this awesoke patch with loads of new stuff.

vasduten1
2 hours ago, monsjoex said:

Still its kind of good if they can release on steam and then like 3 months after have this awesoke patch with loads of new stuff.

One would hope.

Honestly, though... they're going to be taxed to the limit and beyond with the influx of Steam players.

Just the support tickets alone will push 1.36 out.

Not to mention CRS will HAVE to allocate resources to HC or it's done. 

I want the game to have a non-player controlled supply.

It needs to be pretty generic and simple.

• Like 1

heilmittel

Reduce supply please, rdp bombing is useless nowaday

• Like 2

delems

*** Honestly, though... they're going to be taxed to the limit and beyond with the influx of Steam players.

Yep, how will anything get done then?  1.36 needs to be out first imo.

As for supply, cut it in half (every unit in every flag - navy see Harbor topic) and add 25 rifles to every army HQ, ARM and INF flag.

This will ensure there is enough basic supply for FPA.  If it really is still to little supply, do nothing but add some more rifles.

***  Town A is out of supply - we are going to lose the town and BS - I cant defend with just rifles

Well, then maybe ya just lose the town?  That is the idea, towns changing hands, that is fun for players.

The whole can't defend with rifles is because we have so many SMG/LMG, it's ridiculous; we almost have as many SMG/LMG in a flag as rifles.......

Tanks change by tiers, why don't SMG numbers?  Germans didn't even have a SMG in most squads for the battle of Poland.

It wasn't till France that squad leaders got SMGs. The others were  7 rifles and 1 LMG.

Edited by delems
  • Like 1

delems

And stop resetting server twice a week.

That really exacerbates the issue - bringing all new supply into every flag.

Allies just spent  3 hours attritting Halle - we were getting low; now we have full flags again.

Cut all supply in half and go back to 1 maintenance reset a month, like it use to be.

• Like 2