Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
snappahead

Tobii Eye Tracker 4C - PC

3 posts in this topic

I have not read or heard anyone using this yet. If you get it post your findings please.

I have the Tobii eye tracker 4C.  I was talking to one of the admins on Tobii's discord and she said to ask the Rats to contact them to include Eye tracker support in WW2online. I have no idea how much work it would entail, but I have a feeling it wouldn't be much since our game already includes the mouse look function. I would think it would be rather easy to have them tie onto that. If you've never tried eye tracking, it is SOOOOO much better than Track IR...in fact, the eye tracking includes both eye tracking and head tracking so you can use your eyes for small looks and turn your head for bigger looks. After much messing around, I bought a program called facetracknoir (like $3), which with a free addon pack emulates Track IR with the Tobii eye tracking hardware (among other things it does, like use your windows camera to emulate Track IR. Worked like a charm, although had a few issues getting WW2 to recognize the x-axis. Solved by using the "absolute" setting under tracker algorithm to get WW2 to read it, then set it back to the default Freelook 360 setting (you'll see why as absolute moves so fast it will literally make you dizzy). Also had to check the "invert yaw axis" box so it didn't look left when I looked right. Also increased the deadzone in Freelook 360 to 15% from center and sensitivity to 30 degrees/second. I know this sounds complicated, but it was really pretty easy. In summation, for $3 I was able to use my eye tracker like Track IR. Having owned Track IR for years, the one think I never liked about it was my neck would get sore moving my head around and any background lighting could sometimes throw it off. No such issue with Eye tracking. Of course, it works best why flying or in a vehicle, but you can also use it for infantry play. Takes a bit of getting used to cause you have to remember to look back or you'll be running one way and looking another.

Edited by actrade

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0