delems

No profile pic or signature pic.

17 posts in this topic

Unable to get any image into my profile area or signature.

Tried putting in link, tried drag and drop.

Any ideas?

Anyone ever figure out how to get an image into their signature?

Drag n drop don't work, cut n paste don't work.

I don't want to just link to some URL pic as it is never just right and it might change.

to my knowledge the only way I could get it to work is through an outside image hosting site and then link to it (I use imgbb.com). I don’t think CRS is hosting any pics anymore

Well, we each have an "attachment limit," an allocation of storage space, which shows on this page.

http://forums.wwiionline.com/forums/attachments/

In the signature block, you have the option to add an existing attachment rather than an outside image.  SO, does anyone know how to create an attachment to store in your profile, which I presume could then be used as your signature image?

-Irish

I think Attachments are not functioning though. It may show a limit but there is no way to upload to it.

How to add a signiture and a profile picture to your world war 2 online forum account:

ADD A SIGNITURE
1) On the ww2online forums, click your name in the upper right corner and select 'Account Settings'.

2) On the next page, select 'Signiture' from the options on the left

3) Now open a new browser tab and go here http://imgur.com/ and upload your desired signiture by clicking the big green "New Post" button at the top.

4) Once uploaded, right click the image itself and select 'view image' from the dropdown menu. That will open a new page with just your signiture on it. Copy the URL from the search bar (highlight it and press ctrl+c to copy).

5) Now go back to the browser tab with ww2online forums open on your signiture page as per steps 1 and 2. Paste the URL you copied into the signiture box on that page and make sure the button "View Signitures" is green.

6) Press 'Save' at the bottom. 

Congratulations! Your signiture will now be displayed on all of you posts, old and new!

ADD A PROFILE PICTURE 

For this you must create a Gravatar account, do so here (it's free) https://public-api.wordpress.com/oauth2/authorize?client_id=1854&response_type=code&blog_id=0&state=03b896593b6ced0dd138bd00f6d123d1141ad1d28a5fa485ef6a79d10f04079b&redirect_uri=https%3A%2F%2Fen.gravatar.com%2Fconnect%2F%3Faction%3Drequest_access_token
Once you have created your account, you can upload your desired profile picture to Gravatar. The following instructions will explain how to get that to appear on the ww2online forums.
IMPORTANT: When you upload your image to Gravatar it will ask you what age rating you want to give it based on the image content. You must select the top option, viewable by everybody, else it will not appear on ww2online's forums.

1)  On the ww2online forums, click your name in the upper right corner and select 'profile'.

2)  Find the profile picture box on the left of the page and click the little photo button in the bottom left corner of the profile picture box.

3) Select the 'Use Gravatar' tickbox

4) Write your Gravatar email address (the email address you used to register your Gravatar account) into the box labelled 'Gravatar Email'

5) Press 'Save'

Your profile picture will now update within an hour or so, if not instantly. If nothing appears and your profile picture remains grey/blank, then you either have not uploaded an image on your profile on Gravatar's website, or you rated your image as PG, 18+ or whatever. THE IMAGE MUST BE SET AS FRIENDLY TO ALL AGES TO SHOW UP HERE.

Did you know?!
On your ww2online profile page you can also set your own custom banner! Click your name in the top right corner on the ww2online forums and select 'profile'. Then just click the grey area where a banner would be and select an image and you're done!

I hope that helped! <S>

Edited by padawan

Yes, but I want to use a sig image from my computer - not one up on the web somewhere.

Hmm, guess I could figure out a way to put my image up somewhere first - then link to it?

But why can't we just have it like it was, upload an image?

Edited by delems

4 hours ago, delems said:

Yes, but I want to use a sig image from my computer - not one up on the web somewhere.

Hmm, guess I could figure out a way to put my image up somewhere first - then link to it?

Images + however many members + off-topic == lots of disk space and CRS != image hosting company

6 hours ago, delems said:

www.imgur.com
free

This ever get fixed?  Allow us to use image from computer for signature or profile pic?

Still can't put images in.

5 hours ago, delems said:

This ever get fixed?  Allow us to use image from computer for signature or profile pic?

Still can't put images in.

hmm?
I can/did, how are you doing it?

On 7/13/2017 at 5:19 AM, padawan said:

How to add a signiture and a profile picture to your world war 2 online forum account:

ADD A SIGNITURE
1) On the ww2online forums, click your name in the upper right corner and select 'Account Settings'.

2) On the next page, select 'Signiture' from the options on the left

3) Now open a new browser tab and go here http://imgur.com/ and upload your desired signiture by clicking the big green "New Post" button at the top.

4) Once uploaded, right click the image itself and select 'view image' from the dropdown menu. That will open a new page with just your signiture on it. Copy the URL from the search bar (highlight it and press ctrl+c to copy).

5) Now go back to the browser tab with ww2online forums open on your signiture page as per steps 1 and 2. Paste the URL you copied into the signiture box on that page and make sure the button "View Signitures" is green.

6) Press 'Save' at the bottom. 

Congratulations! Your signiture will now be displayed on all of you posts, old and new!

Thanks great post

As a mac user, I'm used to simple solutions like drag and drop; And from past experience, I avoid convoluted pc/windows processes which most of the time doesn't work with a mac. I'll stick with my CRS issue negative cameo.

CRS could adopt a drag and drop process with a size limit on images like all the other sites do.