• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Attention Soldiers Operation Fury Needs you!   02/20/2020

Attention All Soldiers, Operation Fury needs you.  You need to choose a side and sign up.  
      For more intel on Operation Fury Please click HERE Please go to Special Event Forum (here), And sign up for allied or axis.
      This will be a CRS Lead event on both sides.  Xoom will be heading up the axis side and Heavy265 will be heading up the Allied side. This will be for bragging rights.
      Why are we asking players to sign up you ask. We are trying for a role play experience.   We want this to be a true realistic event.  
      So get up and sign up and let's make this the best event ever!!!!!!!!!!
      Give me your war cry, grrrrrrrrrrrrr
      Heavy265 **out**
delems

Far too many SMGs.

48 posts in this topic

Sorry Merlin, it's as valid as the guys saying reduce the amount of SMGs.  They're trying to force their vision of the game onto the rest of us, and I would bet you if you took a poll of the players, they'd say take that idea of reducing the SMGs and cram it. 

I'm already unsubbed, and if they reduce the amount of automatic weapons I won't be coming back at all. 

You and delems can run around with rifles and have a nice little circle jerk dance, if you can get delems out of the depot, that is. 

1 person likes this

I'm suggesting having twice the number of rifles as SMGs is wrong and ahistorical.

Germans squad leaders didn't even have SMGs in Poland - there should be zero.

In France the squad leaders got SMGs - so a squad is 1 SMG, 1 LMG, (two more for loader and ammo), 1 grenadier and 5 rifles.

If ya count the grenadier as a rifle - there should be like 6x as many rifles as SMGs - but this isn't accurate as platoon and company COs had SMGs.

So you get to 4.5 to 1.

We are at  2 to 1.  That is simply way to many.  Way too many.

And i'm not suggesting going to 4.5 to 1 - which would be very historical;  I'm suggesting going to 3 to 1.

So, ya still got plenty of SMGs.  Our current INF flags have 120 SMGs, 80 or 85 would be much better.

Edited by delems

3 hours ago, delems said:

I'm suggesting having twice the number of rifles as SMGs is wrong and ahistorical.

Germans squad leaders didn't even have SMGs in Poland - there should be zero.

In France the squad leaders got SMGs - so a squad is 1 SMG, 1 LMG, (two more for loader and ammo), 1 grenadier and 5 rifles.

If ya count the grenadier as a rifle - there should be like 6x as many rifles as SMGs - but this isn't accurate as platoon and company COs had SMGs.

So you get to 4.5 to 1.

We are at  2 to 1.  That is simply way to many.  Way too many.

And i'm not suggesting going to 4.5 to 1 - which would be very historical;  I'm suggesting going to 3 to 1.

So, ya still got plenty of SMGs.  Our current INF flags have 120 SMGs, 80 or 85 would be much better.

Yes, because making the game totally historical will make it fun...

...while we all magically spawn out of garages and teleporters in the field.   

Newsflash: Just because you like using rifles doesn't mean everyone does. Limiting equipment and making paying customers use the free to play weapon is awful. When you have people not able to spawn automatics 15 minutes into a battle, why are they paying to use the same rifle the freeloader is? 

That's all this game needs, less fun stuff so people unsub...Great idea. 

1 person likes this

21 minutes ago, Mosizlak said:

Yes, because making the game totally historical will make it fun...

...while we all magically spawn out of garages and teleporters in the field.   

Newsflash: Just because you like using rifles doesn't mean everyone does. Limiting equipment and making paying customers use the free to play weapon is awful. When you have people not able to spawn automatics 15 minutes into a battle, why are they paying to use the same rifle the freeloader is? 

That's all this game needs, less fun stuff so people unsub...Great idea. 

This is the effect of no attrition in game. It feels like there are always autos because of brigade rotations. Once that changes there will be autos but they will decrease as battles rage on. 

Why should there be a decrease in autos?  If anything as the war progressed militaries recognized the need for more autos, especially Germany and Mother Russia.

Going to more rifles before Steam release would be suicide anyway.

2 people like this

Leave them as is. 

If your arguing that there's too much supply for underpopulated times then fine reduce supply proportionatley.

As far as sydspains goes , his insistence on the rifle being a wonder weapon would appear to be unique to him. 

Having said that I quite enjoy rifle play, but I'm not playing if I have to clear cp's with it against lmgs.

Just to keep side bias happy, I would think  decreasing the smgs effectively hurts the allies more, as it raises the proportion of effective autos for the axis. 

Let's just go to all SMGs then by your logic...... who cares what WWII was really like.  Heck, might well just use the M-16 too then.  I mean, we already got the future grease gun in, let's get a few more fun weapons, I want the uzi.  In fact, nothing but unlimited autos sounds about right....  Actually, love to have the grenade launching CAR-15 out of BHD with laser sight - fun times.

Edited by delems

lol, it seems I hurt some feelings :lol:

Now talking seriously, one of the most satisfactory moments I ever had in this game were those battles of 3 hours non-stop where the enemy start spawning only rifles and even if you have been playing for 3 hours on the same town you keep attacking because you know we can take the town.

It was also satisfactory those long battles where even if you coudn't won the battle you knew your actions on that town had an impact on the game and maybe other teamates can finish the job on other time zone.

There has been 3 important changes that make that situations almost impossible to see now...truck-fru-only, reduced resupply timers and less population, while supply hasn't been changed.

In my opinion the feature that makes this game different from other games was that...if our actions doesn't have an impact on a battle or campaign anymore because enemy has infinite supply this game starts to look like a call of duty with early 2000 graphics

Edited by sydspain

12 hours ago, Baer said:

Why should there be a decrease in autos?  If anything as the war progressed militaries recognized the need for more autos, especially Germany and Mother Russia.

Going to more rifles before Steam release would be suicide anyway.

Because a few guys think that their vision of the game is the only and perfect vision LOL. 

7 hours ago, sydspain said:

lol, it seems I hurt some feelings :lol:

Now talking seriously, one of the most satisfactory moments I ever had in this game were those battles of 3 hours non-stop where the enemy start spawning only rifles and even if you have been playing for 3 hours on the same town you keep attacking because you know we can take the town.

It was also satisfactory those long battles where even if you coudn't won the battle you knew your actions on that town had an impact on the game and maybe other teamates can finish the job on other time zone.

There has been 3 important changes that make that situations almost impossible to see now...truck-fru-only, reduced resupply timers and less population, while supply hasn't been changed.

In my opinion the feature that makes this game different from other games was that...if our actions doesn't have an impact on a battle or campaign anymore because enemy has infinite supply this game starts to look like a call of duty with early 2000 graphics

YOUR most satisfying. YOUR opinion. 

Not shared by most people. 

24 minutes ago, Mosizlak said:

YOUR most satisfying. YOUR opinion. 

Not shared by most people. 

And how do you know it's not shared by "MOST" people? Did you do a poll? Did you ask every single player in this game?

We had a hotly fought over town last night

Mo, you were there (I saved your butt a couple times, specially when the EI was going to stab you in the buttocks)

Supply was devastated for both us AND the axis, it was down to rifles, BOLT action rifles, on both sides.
There was awesome fighting, and a ton of positive feedback about it in the games chat (at least on the allied side)
Axis kept rushing for CP's we kept rushing to recap them, bodies piled up all over, dances of death were done.

There seemed to actually maybe be more combat, more firing moving, displacing, using cover etc, guys fighting over hallways and corners etc.
Now when supply would trickle in the odd MG, and the man with the MG tried doing the usual Run N Gun thing, they got torn up by the rifles horribly.
Soon as someone heard MG fire, it was like someone cast bloodlust.

MG's make distinct sounds, and when there are not 40 of them running around the same area, suddenly you stick out like a sore thumb.

Now not everyone who spawned one of the few trickle in MG's went off to run N gun.
Some got smart, set up a smart position for the LMG with some friends covering their backside.
Or you'd see an SMG with his team mates, rifles firing suppressive fire (dont laugh, if it hits you, your suppressed) SMG rushes in clears corners, then rifles ran in, and then it rained grenades up the stairs. (there are people that do play with organized tactics, really)

Still, their sound drew them a lot of attention real fast, finding the sole LMG or SMG that trickled into spawn kind of became like painting a target on your back.
And it should, LMG should kind of be like the Tiger of infantry, it should be feared and hated, and hearing one should instantly make it a priority to find and get rid of it, or stay very far away from it.
Its the i just reached out and touched your whole squad from 500m away while you thought you were safe behind those bushes weapon for infantry.

For a little while last night, the guy with the LMG was just that, and youd be surprised exactly how fast people adapted.
And no one was [censored]ing, no one was logging out etc.

No everyone didnt become magically organized, that never happens, but you do have your little organized groups.

And there was Mosizlak, hunting through town for EI, looked like he was having fun to me, he wasnt [censored]ing any ways :lol:

I did realize one thing though, rifle really does need a headbutt function, that or the ability for two infs to start throwing their empty weapons and helmets at each other.
had one fight, i ran out, EI ran out, he pulls out SMOKE GRENADE, i of course in desperation pulled out AMMO PACK, and we just stood there a second.
Man if we could have just started throwing the stuff at each other.

2 people like this

I was there NW cp upstairs with my rifle, guy came up, I shot him I think, he shot back, I got wounded, shot 4 times into the wall. He shot 3 times into the wall. I went for reload, he went for his knife. Now the sad part :(

I tried to get distance to shoot but he rushed and killed me.

Edited by disi
1 person likes this

Jul 08 01:04 kacman2 (DE SMG)
Jul 08 01:05 indomatics (DE MP34 SMG)
Jul 08 01:05 titu250 (DE Ltd MP34 SMG)
Jul 08 01:06 kacman2 (DE SMG)
Jul 08 01:09 fxkrieger (DE Rifleman)
Jul 08 01:17 titu250 (DE Ltd MP34 SMG)
Jul 08 01:17 velko6666 (DE SMG)
Jul 08 01:19 velko6666 (DE SMG)
Eeklo Eeklo-Gent Depot
Eeklo Eeklo-Gent Depot
Eeklo Eeklo-Gent Depot

This is what currently a normal CP defense mission looks like.
Even you Mo have to admit, that is just a tinsy bit wonky.

I did die though eventually, no good deed goes unpunished right?

sgthenning (DE SMG)

All i had left was a knife, and he wasnt having none of that nonsense, party pooper!

12 minutes ago, disi said:

I was there NW cp upstairs with my rifle, guy came up, I shot him I think, he shot back, I got wounded, shot 4 times into the wall. He shot 3 times into the wall. I went for reload, he went for his knife. Now the sad part :(

I tried to get distance to shoot but he rushed and killed me.

At least you didnt pull out an ammo pack like me

There are two problems with supply right now.

The ratio of autos to rifles, currently 1.67 and RDP timers.

I'm suggesting a ratio of 2.25; a very historical ratio derived directly from a german infantry regiment.

Removing 35 SMGs from infantry flags (so down to 85)  gives an auto ratio of 2.17.

(not considering ARM, HQ or navy/air at this time)

The second problem is RDP timers.  They have gone from 18, to 15, to 14 to now 10, over the last few months - with no change in supply lists.

So, unless you believe twice as many people are playing the game - supply is off.  And there was too much supply back at 18 hours imo.

Even if you claim the auto ratio is ok (which I dispute), the amount of supply should be cut by 44% (every unit), to make up for RDP timers.

RDP, resupply and attrition all basically have no effect anymore.  It's just non stop auto on auto all day.

(RDP doubly bad because factory repair changed from 2% per hour to somewhere around 3.6% per hour now)

Edited by delems

11 hours ago, sydspain said:

And how do you know it's not shared by "MOST" people? Did you do a poll? Did you ask every single player in this game?

I've been playing this game long enough to see people not bother spawning into a defense when there's just rifles left. Seen the chat. Talked to a lot of people. 

Dunno how long you've been playing but you'd have to be blind to think everyone loves rifles.  Freeloaders are forced to love rifles lol, so I see where you're coming from. 

1 person likes this

Ok, very rough numbers here, but this clearly shows what is used in game and provides indirect evidence:

german deaths: rifle 18k, autos 27k

brit deaths: rifle 7.5k, autos 8.8k

french deaths: rifle 17.2k, autos 19.7k

So, for every nation, more autos have been killed than rifles.  Does that sound correct?

Yes, sort of... as both sides probably stop attacking when they run out of autos.

But, the fact that more autos are always used seems a bit odd, doesn't it?

The only caveat on that mos is that people don't spawn in when it's down to rifles , because generally the opposition isnt, and the rifles are trying to save an ab that is camped to hell. 

Im happy to spawn in if both sides are down to rifles

3 hours ago, Mosizlak said:

I've been playing this game long enough to see people not bother spawning into a defense when there's just rifles left. Seen the chat. Talked to a lot of people. 

Dunno how long you've been playing but you'd have to be blind to think everyone loves rifles.  Freeloaders are forced to love rifles lol, so I see where you're coming from. 

I think you should review all my posts, I never said that people loves rifles. What I said is "if our actions doesn't have an impact on a battle or campaign anymore because enemy has infinite supply this game starts to look like a call of duty with early 2000 graphics" I think there is a big difference between what I'm saying and what you are answering...

About my love for rifles, you are very mistaken, it's not because I'm forced that I play with rifle.

the rifle firing ritual is dumb and not fun.

aim - shoot - drop the gun - plant the butt somewhere secure - fiddle with the bolt - aim somewhere else

normal shooting is: aim - shoot - keep aim/cycle the bolt

3 hours ago, major0noob said:

aim - shoot - drop the gun - plant the butt somewhere secure - fiddle with the bolt - aim somewhere else

Huh?
Why is your rifle doing that?
Are you teasing or do you need to reinstall?