malvoc

Petition to make tiers 5 days

33 posts in this topic

If you feel like I do please say so on this thread and lets see how many people would like to play all tiers in a map???

Malvoc out.....

I don't play atm so I don't deserve to vote.  But I think a fixed 5-7 day tier progression would be best.

S!

I say seven days, and progress to the next tier on Saturday mornings.

A night of prime time with the previous tier; the whole next day and next prime time to play with better gear.

I think combining tiers 0 and 1 is in order though. A campaign needs to go for a month for tier four. 

Tier 0 and 1 are what take most of the time of each map, and if we simply started on tier 1 at that date it's meant to represent, it'd be best. We're not fighting over Poland, after all.

It doesn't really matter what time frame the game uses. If condensing the first two tiers speeds this process along, fine.

Edited to add:

The current engine probable would crash if the current tier system was altered where chunks were excised and parts edited.

I don't think it's doable but before stuff is ported to the new engine, whatever they choose, and at whatever point CRS is able to do it, some files should just be completely re-written. That is a huge job, though.

Edited by vasduten1

I like 7 days per tier.  Makes it easier to know when new tier comes in.  Also like having it be the same day of the week to start a new tier.  If map starts on Sunday, Tier-0 until Friday (5 days of Tier-0).  If map starts on Tuesday, Tier-0 until Friday (3 days of Tier-0).  Every Friday we advance to next tier.

New tier excitement EVERY weekend.  

Rats also get a set schedule for them to reset server for weekend action.

Edited by forrest

7 Days would be fine and I like the idea of starting tier 1 instead of 0 makes a lot more sense that way!!!!

I'll probably have the unpopular vote, but i'd rather go back to RDP progressing the tiers, and bombing and stuff affecting it.

6 people like this

10 minutes ago, merlin51 said:

I'll probably have the unpopular vote, but i'd rather go back to RDP progressing the tiers, and bombing and stuff affecting it.

No complaint here!  +1

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, merlin51 said:

That'd be good, too.

Those were good times.

3 hours ago, merlin51 said:

+1

-Irish

5 hours ago, merlin51 said:

This

1 person likes this

11 hours ago, rotsechs said:

Tier 0 still. I'm bored now. 

Another reason that I unsubbed: Stuck in tier0 and 1 forever. 

Sorry, I've played tier0 since I started in 2004 and I'm totally bored with it. We hardly see any extended time in tier3, sometimes never even make it there. 

1 hour ago, sajuk said:

Please yes the RDP progressing was the best.

Maybe for the very few that bombed, for the rest of us it was a colossal joke. 

It Could just roll round irrespective of campaign, so if one campaign ends on  the 3rd day of tier 2 that's were the new campaign starts. and after it's done the top tier it resets to tier 0 

Edited by themouse
1 person likes this

5 hours ago, merlin51 said:

This

56 minutes ago, Mosizlak said:

Another reason that I unsubbed: Stuck in tier0 and 1 forever. 

Sorry, I've played tier0 since I started in 2004 and I'm totally bored with it. We hardly see any extended time in tier3, sometimes never even make it there. 

Maybe for the very few that bombed, for the rest of us it was a colossal joke. 

Same here

1 person likes this

Yes what we have no sucks I'm ready to go play another game and not cause allies are losing its cause I'm tired of the same old crap every map 1 side rolls and we never make past tier 2 its just getting old...

Malvoc out....

1 person likes this

tiers need to be linked to map movement or some other trigger.

Setting an arbitrary set time for progression doesnt ensure we get to see any more teirs than we do now

1 person likes this

Or...........we could start with everything and just make the rank requirements higher for the higher tier stuff?

Dunno.

I dont really think about it much to be honest.  Effects more of the Flyboys and tankers more than the ground guys as far as the foot soldier is concerned. 

2 people like this

Think should probably start next map wherw previous left off. As when you ever do get to tier 3 the map ia pretty much over anyway so not a true reflection of the abilitiea of the equipment.

Start of a map in tier 2 would be awesome.

1 person likes this

I dont really like Tier 5... I prefer tier 4 before tigers and S76 , this tier is more balance and for me it should be double the length of any other tier.

13 hours ago, sajuk said:

Please yes the RDP progressing was the best.

I love your sig, Sajuk. It rocks *and* it rolls.