Baer

Black screen of death

6 posts in this topic

Anyone have this problem when they load the game since installing discord?  Game worked fine before installing Discord, but as soon as installed Discord, the game would load but then go immediately to a black screen. I installed the latest Nvidia drives thinking that might help but nope. I uninstalled Discord and can now enter the game fine.  Ugh!  Anyway I submitted a ticket on the discord website so we'll see what happens.

Sorry to sound rude, but I find it hard to believe I'm the only one who has had this problem.  Everything is up to date on my computer including latest NVIDIA drivers.  Perhaps the latest drivers don't work with Discord? 

Sucks because I'm screwed if want to join a squad.  I had no problems with teamspeak, so I'm at a loss.

Should I go to the Discord forum?  I thought I would start here first.  

have you tried turning off the overlay system in discord to see if that is the conflict?

Dumb question
If you disable discord from auto running

And launch it after getting in game

Does it still bork things?

On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 6:32 AM, Scking said:

have you tried turning off the overlay system in discord to see if that is the conflict?

This worked!  I was going to try and start discord after I started the game to see if I could use overlay then, but for some reason alt + tab won't work?  Any ideas why?