CHIMM

CRS Marketing Team

14 posts in this topic

On 7/3/2017 at 8:32 PM, Pittpete said:

image.jpg?w=400&c=1

OOPS!  The actual quote is, "I'm your huckle bearer."  Huckle was a slang term for the handles of a coffin, so huckle bearers were what we would now call pall bearers.  Basically, he was saying he was going to kill the guy then carry him to his grave at the funeral, an additional insult.

-Irish

1 person likes this

The Marketing department is one of the most important departments that players can help in.  Their efforts continue to bring the game to the attention of new players.  If you ever wanted to have a critical role in helping the game expand, this is your chance to make a difference.  While development is great, there is no secret, you have to get people to the game.  Once they are here then all the other departments have a role in getting them to stay.  Getting the word out is critical and the need for help in this area is here.  With the release in view, those would who like to take advantage of this time to make an impact please contact the people listed above. 

3 people like this

15 hours ago, odonovan1 said:

OOPS!  The actual quote is, "I'm your huckle bearer."  Huckle was a slang term for the handles of a coffin, so huckle bearers were what we would now call pall bearers.  Basically, he was saying he was going to kill the guy then carry him to his grave at the funeral, an additional insult.

OR

The phrase “a huckleberry over my persimmon” was used to mean “a bit beyond my abilities”. “I'm your huckleberry” is a way of saying that one is just the right person for a given job.

On a serious note.
We could use a good promotional video for the game, actually 2 One from an allied perspective and one from an axis perspective (to keep individual video lengths down)
Need some staged aspects for dramatic reasons, but still has to reflect real game play.
Personally i hate the promo videos where the whole thing is just a scripted render and not the real game.

We have the one vid on steam but i dont think it does the game justice, and no offense but the naval scene looks really bad, all those ships in a space the size of a bathtub
feels weird

Might be good to make a unit spotlight series as well, where each video focuses on 1 game unit.

I think all those black and white second world war videos do not reflect what the game is about. It is more about two sides fighting a war.

If you look at the crowd who play ARMA2, there were Vietnam, Second World War, Korea maps and of course the official campaign about the war in Iraq. It doesn't really matter what war and therefore doesn't need the historical footage.

There is also no real up to date playlist that shows actual foot soldiers, it is all about flying a plane or driving a tank? Or it shows soliders camping in a bush, there are very few showing an actual attack on foot or I just cannot find them (talking about videos more recent than maybe 2011).

p.s. the Steam video is cool, though. But I never really use Steam if I don't have to.

Edited by disi

I hope some folks do consider stepping up to join our Marketing team. If you've ever wanted to help bring on more players in a big way, this is the ticket. You don't have to be a magical marketing guru to inform people about the game and help them aggregate here. Each ounce of effort contributes to the success of WWII Online, contact our guys to get started.

1 person likes this

The CRS Marketing team is the front line for our community, and the first impression to prospective players. Of late, our team has been extremely busy preparing for Steam by providing videos/images/posts on our Steam page, and in other social media markets.  We need your help.

What is required?

• Our team does not expect a full time commitment ( @XOOM :P :popcorn:), just looking for individuals who can consistently dedicate a few hours (10 suggested) a week to help with marketing efforts. We all have personal responsibilities and commitments that comes first. We do ask that you follow through with tasks you take on.
  • Programs/software is not provided by CRS. Our team uses "Slack" for team communications, and is free to download on multiple platforms (IOS, Android, Apple, and Windows).
  • Be present. Our team meets weekly (Sundays - usually 30 minutes) to discuss upcoming events/announcements, marketing strategies, and collaborate content for distribution. 

Volunteers needed (more the merrier):

Video editors

• cut raw footage 
  • minor footage editing
  • rendering final cut in HD 

Photo editors

• image creation
  • image editing for publications

Content Creators/Editors

• provide documents for social media and forum posts
  • gather material for special CRS announcements

Hypothetically, if someone was interested in trying to produce videos for trailers or what have you would it be within policy to allow said person to record footage via  an observer/bird-like cam? Or would this person have to acquire the footage through a more securely placed CRS member?

1 person likes this

I could help with some stuff.
Video related things, possibly documentation things.
But i'm going to fall short in 2 areas

25 minutes ago, chimm said:

dedicate a few hours (10 suggested) a week

26 minutes ago, chimm said:

Be present. Our team meets weekly

I am not always going to have that, there are days where i am lucky if i have 6 non related work hours to make a half arsed attempt at sleeping, and weeks where there is no such thing as a day off, and sunday is never one of those.
I'd have to binge work on things where i have openings, which may not be terribly helpful to you:(

1 person likes this

36 minutes ago, damonkey said:

Hypothetically, if someone was interested in trying to produce videos for trailers or what have you would it be within policy to allow said person to record footage via  an observer/bird-like cam? Or would this person have to acquire the footage through a more securely placed CRS member?

"said person" exists.

56 minutes ago, chimm said:

RL is priority for sure.

Priority my eye, it's a giant hemorrhoid 

2 people like this