Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ottomatic1

RES vs RTB

4 posts in this topic

When a mission is over, and the order is withdrawn, players are instructed to Return To Base (RTB).  If you are close to a spawn point, or have a fast-moving unit, this is not a problem.  If, however, you are a long way from your spawn point (e.g. your firebase was blown taking your fortified mobile spawn with it), and/or you have a slow-moving unit (e.g. anti-tank gun or anti-airgraft gun), and/or you are damaged/injured, then you might be looking at a very, very long trip home.

Could someone please explain the mechanics behind being REScued instead?

• Do I simply have to get x,000m+ away from enemy territory (i.e. the 'target' of the mission) before it is offered?
  • Do I have to head in any particular direction?
  • Is a 10% penalty in (experience) points the only penalty?
  • Does the unit go back into supply straight away as it does when you RTB, or is there some sort of delay?

Cheers!

Basically, the quick view on this is as follows:

RTB back to supply quickly < 5 min

RES back to supply in about 20 min

MIA not back to supply, but returns in 10 hours (plus any RDP damage time)

KIA not back to supply, returns in 10 hours

Just turn to a friendly town or FB, which ever is closest and move that way - eventually you'll get close enough for RES.

RTB is 400-500 m as I recall, RES is variable.

This all being sad, with the ridiculous amount of supply on map right now, 10 hour RDP times and fast factory repair rates - it almost doesn't matter if you RES/RTB anymore.

I use to always RES my gear, walking a Km or more easily if needed - now I don't bother; except maybe an engineer.

Points I think are RTB-100, RES-90, MIA-75, KIA-50, best I recall.

Edited by delems

One note
If you RTB, then cancel the unit reservation, it should go back into supply in seconds.
If you don't cancel the reservation, the unit can stick with you for several minutes if you are still in that mission and checking the map etc.

Hello All.

It is my understanding the difference between the various After Action Report (AAR) results are as follows:

KIA = The unit has "Critical Component Damage" recorded against it. Someone has been awarded a "kill credit" for hat unit as well. It is possible for a unit to suffer multiple "kills" in this situation as there are many "Critical Components" to damage, depending exactly on the unit, however only ONE "kill credit" is awarded. The "kill credit" is awarded to the "first" player that causes the target unit "Critical Component Damage". The unit returns to the Sapwn list as determined by the RDP system, including and factory damage modifiers. Least points awarded.

MIA = The unit has no "Critical Component Damage" recorded when it was despawned. At the moment the unit despawned it was too far from friendly facilities to qualify for other AAR results. The unit returns to the Sapwn list as determined by the RDP system, including and factory damage modifiers. Points awarded.

RES = The Unit also has no "Critical Component Damage" recorded, however the unit despawned within a distance (I'm not sure exactly what that is possibly 1000m) of either any Friendly Army Base or a Forward Base. For Aircraft it is near any friendly town. This unit returns to the spawn list in approximately 15minutes. Points awarded.

RTB = The Unit also has no "Critical Component Damage" recorded, however the unit despawned within about 500m of either any Friendly Army Base or a Forward Base. If the unit is infantry then depots and FMS/UMS are used as well. For Aircraft it is on/near any friendly airfield. Within the chat there is a message displayed indicating the unit has RTB at XX facility and is reserved. The unit is available immediately for you to respawn (refuelled, rearmed and repaired) and as already indicated is reserved for you for about 5 minutes. If you do not respawn the unit immediately a message indicating "The unit is no longer reserved" when your reservation lapses. The unit is then available for anyone to use the facility (controlled [friendly facility/friendly town] not just captured [friendly facility/enemy town]) you despawned at. The reservation is also cancelled if you go to the Unit Selection screen or leave the mission as well. Most points awarded.

As I don't play Naval all that much I cannot state with any certainty exactly what happens. The above would be a good guide though.

It does appear this is not exactly how it happens all of the time as there seems to be something else involved I haven't been able to work out as yet. Generally however, the above is what happens.

I hope this helps.

Cheers

James10

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0