Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

What is Warp and how do you do it?

disi

The information I found:

- the FMS needs to be within 500m distance

Players may also despawn near a friendly depot and respawn inside it, called "Warping". This allows attackers to set up a Mobile Spawn Point near a non-spawnable depot and warp directly into it, avoiding any heavy defenses around the spawnable depots. 

source: https://wiki.wwiionline.com/view/What_is_High_Command's_jobs

As I understand it:

You are attacking a town, create an fms 500m near a depot, take the depot and now you can spawn into the mission starting at the depot.

What has got a lancer who is at the FMS or in the city got to do, to spawn within the city joining this mission?

Some/most say untick the MS, I often end at the FB in this case.

You attack town

You set up FM close to an enemy CP

You capture said CP

If FM is close enough you can spawn to it, then despawn, which will show RTB to the captured CP
Then respawn WITH OUT un-reserving your unit, but with unchecking the mobile spawn.
DO NOT TOUCH ANY UNITS ON THE UNIT SELECTION SCREEN

When you spawn in, you will have warped up to the CP.

If FM is not close enough, you move in enough to get into RTB range.

Edited by merlin51

Thanks Merlin, OK let me try:

1. FMS needs to be close enough!
2. Depot needs to be captured!
3. You RTB at the Depot! Not the FMS, if you just joined the mission this does not work right?
4. Not touchy unit selection!
5. Enter the mission again without the MS checked and you spawn at the Depot?
5. If I die now, I respawn now at the Depot?

• Free Play Account

5. If I die now, I respawn now at the Depot?

No you have to respawn at FMS again.

3 hours ago, disi said:

1. FMS needs to be close enough!

Or you have to run a little.
Your despawn box will tell you if you are in RTB range or not, click cancel if you arent.

3 hours ago, disi said:

3. You RTB at the Depot! Not the FMS, if you just joined the mission this does not work right?

Correct, your 1st spawn, and any death will result in spawning at the FMS, your body has to physically despawn in range of the CP

3 hours ago, disi said:

5. Enter the mission again without the MS checked and you spawn at the Depot?

You got it

• 5 weeks later...
  • Registered Users

Hello disi, how are you doing?

Something to be aware of, when you despawn you can still end up back at the FMS. If you are too close to the FMS when you despawn that is where you will end up. When you hit ESC to despawn you will be presented with the despawn timer. Ensure the location displayed within the timer window is the intended CP. If it isn't cancel (you do have 10 sec so there is plenty of time) and move a little away from the FMS and attempt again. Sometimes the ML will place a marker on the map indicating the "RTB - Warp Depot" range.

Cheers

James10.

• 1 month later...
On 7/16/2017 at 4:32 PM, disi said:

Thanks Merlin, OK let me try:

1. FMS needs to be close enough!  (300m in game scale usually - i.e a minimum distance FMS - you can also warp from 300m to any owned depot, whether you spawned at an FMS or walked to within 300m or just are within 300m to any owned depot ) 
2. Depot needs to be captured!  (can also RTB to side-owned depots in a town being defended) 
3. You RTB at the Depot! Not the FMS, if you just joined the mission this does not work right? ( yes, must be within 300m for RTB - also in the case of a side-owned town with no brigades in it (ie defending a softcap) units can also RTB to the barracks of an Army Base) 
4. Not touchy unit selection!  (warp sequence is:  1. escape key/get RTB <name of depot>  2. click Ready Room tab (upper left) 3. unclick MS Avail toggle box (right side Ready Room) 4. Enter World (and respawn at <named depot> ) 
5. Enter the mission again without the MS checked and you spawn at the Depot? (yes as per #4 sequence) 
5. If I die now, I respawn now at the Depot? (dont die, you won't get warp you'll have to rejoin mission at FMS (or depot/AB/FB wherever the origin is)

basically 'warp' just means you are RTBing to an owned depot within 300m of  you, no matter how  you got there. any warp/rtb can be tested by hitting the escape key first, reading the popup to make sure it says ;RTB <name of depot> and then confirming by clicking on the popup.