Mosizlak

How come the allies don't use the 17lber?

61 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, saronin said:

That's because there are those of us who have done it. If it has changed fine but there most certainly was a period of time where Tigers could be knocked out by the Pan. 

That was years ago. Its not possible any more. The 2pdr is a far more powerfull gun than the pan 25mm. 

1 person likes this

15 hours ago, saronin said:

That's because there are those of us who have done it. If it has changed fine but there most certainly was a period of time where Tigers could be knocked out by the Pan. 

Way back when we first heard of this, we got on the training server and shot the crap out of the Tiger with Pans. This was back when you could degun the Tiger with the Pan. We where able to kill the TC by shooting the coupela and we where able to degun and track it. This is prior to the audit on the track and barrel thresholds.  Not once where we able to cause any damage what so ever to the engine or crew outside the TC.  I keep hearing about how the Pan could kill it but I do not recall any audits that addressed any armor leak etc that might have been the cause.  I'm not doubting you, just look at the CH3 and CH7 armor leaks. The good news is on RAT chat I discussed this with Xoom and they have found and isolated the armor leak and found another armor problem which I am unaware of what it was. They will be fixed FINALLY!!!

@major0noobAs too the bofors degunning the Tiger, there was a time you could do it AND there was a time where the explosion sometimes clipped into ALL tanks and could explode them.  We had a Tiger roll into the AB the last time we actually had a T3, me and 3 other bofors in the AB where blasting the hell out of it and I was laying my rounds on his barrel from about 15m, not a hard hit at all... I might have put 40 into the flank of the barrel. The Tiger had enough and backed out, then camped the AB gates until it was bombed and destroyed. I failed to degun it... and I was pretty sure you could do but If that didn't do it  not so sure it can be done anymore.. for one I rarely used the bofors and two its even more rare for me to use the bofors when a Tiger enters an AB but at that time we where down to Stus and T0 armor while we waited to lib up our linking CP for new supply. Last stand stuff. Not saying you cant do, just saying that experience tends to lead me to think you cannot do it anymore.

2 hours ago, doch said:

That was years ago. Its not possible any more. The 2pdr is a far more powerfull gun than the pan 25mm. 

S! doch, where have you been?

2 hours ago, stankyus said:

Way back when we first heard of this, we got on the training server and shot the crap out of the Tiger with Pans. This was back when you could degun the Tiger with the Pan. We where able to kill the TC by shooting the coupela and we where able to degun and track it. This is prior to the audit on the track and barrel thresholds.  Not once where we able to cause any damage what so ever to the engine or crew outside the TC.  I keep hearing about how the Pan could kill it but I do not recall any audits that addressed any armor leak etc that might have been the cause.  I'm not doubting you, just look at the CH3 and CH7 armor leaks. The good news is on RAT chat I discussed this with Xoom and they have found and isolated the armor leak and found another armor problem which I am unaware of what it was. They will be fixed FINALLY!!!

@major0noobAs too the bofors degunning the Tiger, there was a time you could do it AND there was a time where the explosion sometimes clipped into ALL tanks and could explode them.  We had a Tiger roll into the AB the last time we actually had a T3, me and 3 other bofors in the AB where blasting the hell out of it and I was laying my rounds on his barrel from about 15m, not a hard hit at all... I might have put 40 into the flank of the barrel. The Tiger had enough and backed out, then camped the AB gates until it was bombed and destroyed. I failed to degun it... and I was pretty sure you could do but If that didn't do it  not so sure it can be done anymore.. for one I rarely used the bofors and two its even more rare for me to use the bofors when a Tiger enters an AB but at that time we where down to Stus and T0 armor while we waited to lib up our linking CP for new supply. Last stand stuff. Not saying you cant do, just saying that experience tends to lead me to think you cannot do it anymore.

I used to sit in a Pan and wait for a Tiger to go down the road.  I would fire up the engine get going full speed and then glide up engine off and shoot him point blank in the [censored].  It didn't kill the crew but it turned them in to a pill box in the middle of nowhere.  I called the maneuver giving the kitty a Brazilian wax.  You could do it with DACs too but it was much more fun in the Pan given the fire power disparity.  It's always been something of a hobby of mine to take out the biggest weapons with the smallest possible gun.  I'm told the Matilda will go to the Pak36 but I have yet to make it happen.

this was just last year, i was just putting up a black smokescreen/jarring/marking him. wound up degunning him after a few direct hits.

55 minutes ago, major0noob said:

this was just last year, i was just putting up a black smokescreen/jarring/marking him. wound up degunning him after a few direct hits.

Wonder if his barrel had already taken damage. There is a minimum damage threshold before the barrel will start to accumulate damage. The Sherman 75 can do it in one shot close in.  Anyway I was either unlucky or you where lucky.

1 hour ago, saronin said:

I used to sit in a Pan and wait for a Tiger to go down the road.  I would fire up the engine get going full speed and then glide up engine off and shoot him point blank in the [censored].  It didn't kill the crew but it turned them in to a pill box in the middle of nowhere.  I called the maneuver giving the kitty a Brazilian wax.  You could do it with DACs too but it was much more fun in the Pan given the fire power disparity.  It's always been something of a hobby of mine to take out the biggest weapons with the smallest possible gun.  I'm told the Matilda will go to the Pak36 but I have yet to make it happen.

I described how the Pak36 can destroy the Mattys engine. I do not know of anything else it can do but double track it and get a technical kill both are very hard to do. The engine kill is literally point blank.. You might be able to do it from the rear but I have only seen it done for the flank.

2 hours ago, stankyus said:

Wonder if his barrel had already taken damage. There is a minimum damage threshold before the barrel will start to accumulate damage. The Sherman 75 can do it in one shot close in.  Anyway I was either unlucky or you where lucky.

after that first time i did it a few more times till it felt dirty. it's really not hard at all

13 hours ago, major0noob said:

after that first time i did it a few more times till it felt dirty. it's really not hard at all

the freaking french 47mm atg can degun the tiger from the front in one shot

both the 6pdr and 57mm can nuke the tiger from several hundred meters out, and degun much further than that because the hitbox on the tiger's gun is so huge

there wasn't much of a reason to ever bring out the 17pdr years ago when there were still some active veteran axis tankers and some kind of an armor meta, so there certainly isn't a reason now

46 minutes ago, david01 said:

the freaking french 47mm atg can degun the tiger from the front in one shot

both the 6pdr and 57mm can nuke the tiger from several hundred meters out, and degun much further than that because the hitbox on the tiger's gun is so huge

there wasn't much of a reason to ever bring out the 17pdr years ago when there were still some active veteran axis tankers and some kind of an armor meta, so there certainly isn't a reason now

It sounds like the Axis need even more Tigers then!

2 hours ago, Capco said:

It sounds like the Axis need even more Tigers then!

I have sent your request to Xoom.