Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
drkmouse

camping and a possible easy fix

20 posts in this topic

I do not post often, but this is a concern needing addressed (and there is actually a good quick fix)

MY pet peave has always been camping of ab’s (it shows no true skill in racking up stats, while making the opponent log as there is no way in many cases to stop one once started)

That is not good for game to send ½ the pb with a real bad taste.

One quick fix is one of 2 ways but same idea.

#1 at the start of a ao, all fbs; between the attacked town and its own towns open up.

This would allow equip to be brought in from non-camped ab (yes it can also be camped but camping more than one area at a time is not easy).     The attacker Can blow this fb back to “there’s” preventing this avenue for counter. (this will help open up more strategic places for battle.

#2 fbs are always up, and serve as above.  With the exception that the  over pop side will have a bigger adv. as they can pre blow the fb to prevent the defenders from using ( this will give away an attack in most cases less the  op side has huge  adv. and blows most/ all the fbs.   Even so the defenders can blow back to gain there counter supply.

As the timers for supply are increased or we go to town supply, this will give an added dimeson to the game.   As back town can be atriited of supply, but a 2 or 3 connected town will have more options...

Edited by drkmouse
ned th eletering changed to white i do not know how to do that

One thing you can do now currently that helps some is lock down your AB to make it harder

Sandbag the infantry wall openings
Tank trap and bunker the gates.
Build sandbag protective walls to let infantry have a chance to get out of the inf spawns.

It's how we held at veurne the other night (friday? TZ3ish?) and it was an open AB.
Its also been helping in other towns, plus it's kind of fun.

And this helps, but for once  I did the  "camp thing" just to see from the attack end.  And I had no problem with sd to camp any ab I tried for.

As a path t allow out your own equip is instrumental to tryhing to keep a camp from occiuring it still leaves a path in or a eng  bloing  the bags  same thing.

Yes l LOVE the new placables and thhy have added a lot to the game play  ;)

I'm with you drkmouse.

The extra FB idea is good, because when all armor, big guns and trucks need to spawn from the AB, some turd can lie down in the veh spawn and zook anything that comes in.

What about a redesign of the ABs?

Let's consider that not ONE town in Europe had a square enclosure right in town during occupation as an "Army Base".

There were ad hoc encampments in the rear towns to feed supply... and at the front, nothing but death and destruction or smaller emplacements.

Town supply emulated this somewhat, in that people had supple to move from the rear to the town being hit.

What if... the next town back from the front line was where everyone spawned and there were NO FBs at all? What if towns were just towns, and ABs/AFs, FBs came and went with ownership?

What if ABs could be blown?!?!?

What if they weren't right in town, instead they were close to town but you could pop up a veh tent where you wanted it and not just be stuck in a walled AB?

5 hours ago, vasduten1 said:

Let's consider that not ONE town in Europe had a square enclosure right in town during occupation as an "Army Base".

There were ad hoc encampments in the rear towns to feed supply... and at the front, nothing but death and destruction or smaller emplacements.

Town supply emulated this somewhat, in that people had supple to move from the rear to the town being hit.

What if... the next town back from the front line was where everyone spawned and there were NO FBs at all? What if towns were just towns, and ABs/AFs, FBs came and went with ownership?

What if ABs could be blown?!?!?

What if they weren't right in town, instead they were close to town but you could pop up a veh tent where you wanted it and not just be stuck in a walled AB?

Noice!

I never have liked ABs anyway.  Fighting over an arbitrary location such as that has never seemed to me as adding to game play.  It's the same way I feel about CPs.  There were never any certain buildings which needed to be captured to capture a town.  The defending side should get to assign several random points in the town, which the attacker does not know about in advance, as capture points.  In that way, we have true house to house fighting.  To own the town, the attacker would have to capture pretty much the entire town.

-Irish

Maybe a 1sec invulnerability?

Just again at an FMS, three guys with an assault rifle and a tank. Instead of blowing the FMS they just sit there and shoot people while they are spawning and cannot move or do anything yet. It doesn't matter at the moment, but if this is how they learn to play the game?

AB camping is usually the end result of a failed defense.  I don't have a problem with it. If the enemy gets tanks into position to camp your AB spawns, the battle is usually over anyway.  

As for the   invulnerability  think, blah. Rats tried it about 8(?) years ago, they made you invisible on spawning in for 15 seconds. What a total cluster-F that was lol. EI popping up in front of you mowing you down, etc. Think that lasted all of a day. 

If your FMS is camped, take it down. If you can't because the ML is a dolt, don't spawn.  If it's new guys getting mowed down, they'll learn not to spawn into a camped spawn point pretty quickly. 

There's only so much coddling you can do in a PvP game. 

4 people like this

OK, 15sec invisibility is heavy metal, I meant more like to give people a chance who may need a second to spawn. That is as long as you can say 21, I would spawn and throw a grenade to the ground into the fms :D

Edited by disi

1 hour ago, Mosizlak said:

There's only so much coddling you can do in a PvP game. 

Image result for pvp game camping meme

1 person likes this

On 7/17/2017 at 1:20 PM, drkmouse said:

As a path t allow out your own equip is instrumental to tryhing to keep a camp from occiuring it still leaves a path in or a eng  bloing  the bags  same thing.

Well, during a camp, rolling out the equipment is a lot of times a bad thing.
They get rickrolled as soon as they get near the AB gates, or before.
So a lot of times it makes more sense to lock it shut, keep the enemy heavy gear out, try to bleed off their infantry trying to get through the defenses to make it in, and call for some emergency air support or other backup.

If you can keep the big kit out, your infantry can maybe survive and hold it, depending.
Its a 911 effort regardless.
You can always blow some of the defenses and let your vehicles out if you recover to a point its survivable to do so

Like Mo said, if the AB is camped like that, there is a reason, something has gone wrong

10 hours ago, vasduten1 said:

We didn't either, remember way way back, AB's were much different.
I kind of miss some of the old AB's

Limited Armor spawn from CPS , after all they got them big [censored] openings for a reason. 

It be nearly impossible to spawn camp every CP in town . So there would be that chance that one Tank could break a spawn camp on an AB.

Just an idea.

They do have ATG's and trucks now

Panhard Daimler 232? only part there is the 232 has limited AT capabilities
To be even, they would need the 234, or substitute the 38t which i would accept as a fair concession, though axis player would probably rather have an actual 234

14 hours ago, kazee said:

Camping has always been around and always will be. Like stated above, if your AB is camped its for a reason

Heck camping has been around for awhile...here is an example :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7-zjaeOfNU

I'm still trying to figure out what all those bullets were ricocheting off of...hard heads?

-Irish

6 hours ago, odonovan1 said:

I'm still trying to figure out what all those bullets were ricocheting off of...hard heads?

-Irish

Play the next video clip and you get your answer

for AB camp. The old way should work put a 232 in the entrance and wait till they blow it up. Bam no tanks will get in. Sand block inf wall breachs. Wait till reinforcements.

27 minutes ago, fns said:

for AB camp. The old way should work put a 232 in the entrance and wait till they blow it up. Bam no tanks will get in. Sand block inf wall breachs. Wait till reinforcements.

Cant hermetically seal wall breaches, but you can jam them up pretty good, even a fox hole messes up crouching through them.
Gates, use gun bunkers, 2 deep 2 wide. If you can get atg's into them, even better. Back those up with more sandbags.

Of course the key is identifying that a camp is imminent and responding to the preparations quickly.
After the fact, its probably too late

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0