ottomatic1

Intermission?

19 posts in this topic

Ok, so I know what an intermission is, and realise that we're in one now, but can someone explain:

• When did the war end, and who won?  I would have thought that a HUUUUGE in-game announcement about Victory!!! would have been made, but the login process was absolutely nondescript.
  • How are we supposed to monitor the progress of the war anyway?  How do we tell who is winning?  Looking at the map doesn't seem to make this very clear, as there are a large amount of towns still under the control of both sides.  I can't find a 'War Progress' screen anywhere.   There's no mention of victory in the Headquarters News Feed.
  • All of the CSR stats seem to have disappeared.  Is this normal?  Will they be coming back?
  • What is functionally different about the intermission period?  Is there some sort of 'event' going on?  Do all the OICs take a break and leave it to the regular players to skirmish in the frontline towns as they see fit?  Do we have access to different units?  Are stats not being collected/updated during this period?

Yesterday we were raging and today we're just fizzzzzzz........

Edited by ottomatic1

• Campaign 140 ended Sunday evening when Axis capped Abbeville and Amiens for a total of 9 Allied Factory caps  (sometimes, but not always linked to 94+% of map ownership) - normally there would be a System Announcement in game and  an AXIS VICTORIOUS headline in the World@War Gazette around that time  (I noticed neither this time around)
  • Progress: the webmap can tell the story if you follow it - and there is a function (or used to be) to go back in time by hours to see town/cap/front line movement
  • HQ News Feed: not quite up to date (and often isn't) either as to Campaign Victory, nor Intermission timing or special rules if any, nor next campaign start. 
  • Campaign 141 starts WED 6:30pm Server Time (CST).  I think. Found the info buried in a thread on the Axis Forums. No confirmation on this yet. 
  • Intermission is  usually starting front line, some HCs set AOs (if not, system will) - no special rules and normal access to units unless CRS has announced either an intermission special event (hasn't been one for a while don't think) or a special unit/demo unlock for F2P players. Good time to try units you don't usually use, or learn about the other side's stuff. 

As always, others may know more. 

56 minutes ago, ottomatic1 said:

How are we supposed to monitor the progress of the war anyway?  How do we tell who is winning?

These are the tools/sites I use to check the campaign's progress. Links are on the games website -

https://www.wwiionline.com/resources

The last screenshot I took from Battleground Europe Monitor, it was just a matter of time:

4bdd7e72d9f3a3b94356beee8b9def7a9b93466a

When we took and held Antwerp, that was a huge thing IMHO.

Edited by disi

Thanks for the pointers.  I've now got BGEM installed and set to generate a fresh map every 10 minutes and set it as my desktop wallpaper.  Should make it easier to keep tabs on what is going on.

I also downloaded and installed the 'hi res' map package, but the map I get seems identical to disi's screenshot above.  Is that as 'hi res' as it gets?  (I've got resolution set to 100% and have zoomed it in a bit.)

Edited by ottomatic1

2 hours ago, sorella said:
  • Campaign 140 ended Sunday evening when Axis capped Abbeville and Amiens for a total of 9 Allied Factory caps  (sometimes, but not always linked to 94+% of map ownership) - normally there would be a System Announcement in game and  an AXIS VICTORIOUS headline in the World@War Gazette around that time  (I noticed neither this time around)
  • Progress: the webmap can tell the story if you follow it - and there is a function (or used to be) to go back in time by hours to see town/cap/front line movement
  • HQ News Feed: not quite up to date (and often isn't) either as to Campaign Victory, nor Intermission timing or special rules if any, nor next campaign start. 
  • Campaign 141 starts WED 6:30pm Server Time (CST).  I think. Found the info buried in a thread on the Axis Forums. No confirmation on this yet. 
  • Intermission is  usually starting front line, some HCs set AOs (if not, system will) - no special rules and normal access to units unless CRS has announced either an intermission special event (hasn't been one for a while don't think) or a special unit/demo unlock for F2P players. Good time to try units you don't usually use, or learn about the other side's stuff. 

As always, others may know more. 

Ok, so the game ends when one side caps all of the other side's factories.  Got it.

I did check WebMap a couple of times, but it never seemed to change much.  The date at the bottom was 'the right one' but the front line didn't seem to be moving.  I played with it just now and you need to click on one of the '-1 day' type buttons to get it to refresh.  Not sure if there's something odd going on with my setup, or whether it's working as intended, but one would assume that the map would be up to date every time you load it -- without having to click on any buttons.

So no stats are recorded during this time, and I can play with some Allied units, not have logs appear in my CSR, and avoid being branded a traitor?

17 minutes ago, ottomatic1 said:

Ok, so the game ends when one side caps all of the other side's factories.  Got it.

I did check WebMap a couple of times, but it never seemed to change much.  The date at the bottom was 'the right one' but the front line didn't seem to be moving.  I played with it just now and you need to click on one of the '-1 day' type buttons to get it to refresh.  Not sure if there's something odd going on with my setup, or whether it's working as intended, but one would assume that the map would be up to date every time you load it -- without having to click on any buttons.

So no stats are recorded during this time, and I can play with some Allied units, not have logs appear in my CSR, and avoid being branded a traitor?

Not entirely correct.  There are 2 ways to win the campaign:

1).  The first is to capture like 95% of the towns on the map.  (Almost never happens).

2).  The second way is to capture 9 factories of the opponent.  The axis have 9 factories located in 3 towns.  So the allies need to capture all of the axis factories.

But the allies have 18 factories located in 6 towns (3 french cities and 3 British cities).  The axis can win a campaign by only capturing all of the French factories, or all of the British factories.  They do not need to capture both.  

Usually the Axis win by capturing ALL of the French factories, because England is almost impossible to invade with success.

Cheers!

Edited by krazydog
1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, krazydog said:

Not entirely correct.  There are 2 ways to win the campaign:

1).  The first is to capture like 95% of the towns on the map.  (Almost never happens).

2).  The second way is to cspture 9 factories of the opponent.  The axis have 9 factories located in 3 towns.  So the allies need to capture all of the axis factories.

But the allies have 18 factories located in 6 towns (3 french cities and 3 British cities).  The axis can win a campsign by only capturing all of the French factories, or all of the British factories.  They do not need to capture both.  

Usually the Axis win by capturinf ALL of the French factories, because England is almost impossible to invade with success.

Cheers!

Thanks for posting that. I was in the process of typing that up S!

31 minutes ago, krazydog said:

Usually the Axis win by capturing ALL of the French factories, because England is almost impossible to invade with success.

Cheers!

I feel a challenge coming up for this campaign ghehe.. i like the english country side :D

Although the Axis usually win by capturing the French factories (only), it is worth noting that over the last 100 campaigns or so the axis have won 2-3 campaigns bytaking England and its factories.

So although rare and difficult, taking England (and its factories) does happen sometimes, and it leads to victories for the Axis.  (The Allies can not ignore the England threat totally).

By the way, alot of these basic campaign victory conditions and other basic gameplay rules info are covered in the 91st basic training guide:

http://wwiionline.net/91st_Basic.pdf

the 91st basic guide is available to the general public. 

And the guide is still pretty much up-to-date except for the last surrender rule changes - (which cut the surrender rules in half).

cheers!

KD,  XO -91st

Edited by krazydog

The campaign actually ended late Monday morning Server time. If it ended on Sunday, most likely the start date would have been tonight as CRS doesn't wanna have 3 or more day intermissions since they can get boring for both sides.

The Axis had 200k more minutes on missions than the Allies, that is ~138 days or nearly as much as the British spent fighting.

France was way more active than the British, nearly twice as many minutes.

3 minutes ago, disi said:

The Axis had 200k more minutes on missions than the Allies, that is ~138 days or nearly as much as the British spent fighting.

France was way more active than the British, nearly twice as many minutes.

British Divisions are harder/more annoying to attack early game than French, also More french Divisions IIRC

1 minute ago, bob5 said:

British Divisions are harder/more annoying to attack early game than French, also More french Divisions IIRC

Ah, OK.

So the game has sort of three stages? Axis vs. France, then Axis vs. France and British, finally Axis vs. France, British and Americans. If the campaign lasts that long.

35 minutes ago, disi said:

Ah, OK.

So the game has sort of three stages? Axis vs. France, then Axis vs. France and British, finally Axis vs. France, British and Americans. If the campaign lasts that long.

In a sense,  But thats just because we as Axis just really do not like attacking british divisions early.

32 minutes ago, disi said:

Ah, OK.

Sort of its split into tiers, so T0  loosely tied to a year 1940 is Germany vs France/UK ,T1 is 1941 is same, T2 1942 same, T3 1943 same sometimes this can be when the American forces enter so its France, Uk and USA in fact now i come to think of it i think they always come in at T3 now.