Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
madeuce65

Add F2P (Tier 0) Armor, Air and Naval Units BEFORE Steam Release!

9 posts in this topic

I realize I'm probably just adding to the chorus here...but PLEASE reconsider giving F2P players "a more WELL-ROUNDED taste" of the game by giving them limited access in ALL service branches -- not just INF  -- before our big Steam debut.  

Personally, I love playing INF, but a lot of new F2P players (especially tank / air / warship simmers) will be turned off and will leave if they can't get access to basic (Tier 0) armor (maybe just 232, Panhard and DAC), airplanes or fairmiles.

The 2-week premium trial is generous, but I don't think it's enough of a hook...and we're only going to get ONE shot at drastically increasing our player base once Steam launches.  Do we want everyone to upgrade to premium accounts?  Of course.  But realistically, I think there are folks out there who will always be content to stay F2P.  And just for increased fun and playability, I'd rather retain the free-loaders with a few more toys in order to have a consistently higher in-game pop (and larger battles) than slog through another campaign fighting the same ole 100-150 veteran subscribers in low-pop engagements.  Let's allow this awesome MMO FPS to live up to its unique potential and TRULY make it MMO.  

Yep, maybe IIC, viky and light french tank.

Access to lowest fighter from each nation.

Starter really needs to be revamped too.

Should have a tank that is good, say IIC, and 38t or IIIF?  And Cru II for brit and again not sure on french.

Then, just make sure there are lots of those tanks every tier (so maybe 8 38t if that is one chosen) - so the starter players have gear to play.

I can see the basic FPA as ok, though like the idea of one tank and plane.

But the starter really needs some gear imo, especially at $8.

1 person likes this

Agree with you on the Starter sub -- I could be wrong but it seems they took away some gear when they upped the price from $5 to $8 / mo.  Starters should be getting more, not less.

1 person likes this

You can recreate an account to get another 2 weeks of premium play (need to rank up again). This is how I got hooked on the game back in 2005. First playing on free trials whenever possible and then when i finally got a CC i could subscribe.

How much more is needed before someone gets hooked? If at steam launch we have even only 500 players ingame that is already enough to make people super excited about large rdp raids and tank columns. Experience 1 major attack and you are hooked. You dont need to be able to use tanks/air to experience that. The view of the massive battle can be obtained even when being a simple rifleman.

I wonder if ftp are allowed to multi-crew??? That might help us transition a lot of people since an experienced player will be commanding. Also, since I don't know, does the local chat of multi-crew work the same as a para plane? That really helps transfer knowledge imo. Think about times when you were on a para drop where there were discussions about who caps what, who provides covering fire, and what the priorities are. That is the closest thing we have in game to a ready room. If multi-crew chat works the same ....

Yes, Free Play accounts are able to multi-crew. Area chat works the same no matter what vehicle/unit you're in, so text comms in a multi-crewed vehicle would work just like in a para plane, although, since you're on the ground, there's more of a chance that the enemy will be able to hear you (not that this is such a huge deal in a tank... if they're close enough to hear your area chat, they probably know you're there already :D ).

40 minutes ago, DAGGER said:

Yes, Free Play accounts are able to multi-crew. Area chat works the same no matter what vehicle/unit you're in, so text comms in a multi-crewed vehicle would work just like in a para plane, although, since you're on the ground, there's more of a chance that the enemy will be able to hear you (not that this is such a huge deal in a tank... if they're close enough to hear your area chat, they probably know you're there already :D ).

That's great news and it is something that we should be promoting to them. Great way to learn the game by riding along.

1 hour ago, Sudden said:

That's great news and it is something that we should be promoting to them. Great way to learn the game by riding along.

It's like you're inside my brain.

3 hours ago, Sudden said:

I wonder if ftp are allowed to multi-crew???

Yes, as of currently anyways (camp 138 and 140), i've been multi crewing them in the B1.
Just had to explain a few times how to join.

When you're multicrewing, and your obviously the driver of the f2p, remember do your driving movements slow and easy, unless you are running for cover. :) 

Edited by merlin51

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0