B2K

Translation Team looking to grow.

3 posts in this topic

Hi

For those not aware, the game currently supports English, German, Spanish, French, Italian, and Chinese.  Over the years translation has been a hit or miss thing (try the game in one of the supported languages - you'll see a lot of English).  With the upcoming release onto the steam platform, there is a need to expand our currently supported languages.  I've recently been tapped to head up an official translation team.  Looking at the demographics for steam we are seeking players who would be willing to assist with game translation for these and other languages as well (specifically Russian).    

The 'job' is not very glamorous (and is unpaid volunteer work), but is vital to providing a good game experience to those who are not native English Language speakers.  As a team we will be working on all user facing aspects of the game such as the game itself, websites, steam store(s), etc.  While the main focus will be on future additions to the game, we will also be visiting current game interfaces as there are many spots where either no translation occurred, or it was done a long time ago and the item has changed (tutorials for example talking about Mobile Spawns).  

If you are interested in assisting pm me here on the forums, or send me an E_mail ( b2k@corneredrats.com ) with what language(s) you'd be able to assist with.  Thanks for all the help. 

This is definitely one of the teams which are working behind the scenes and therefore B2K is right in saying, it is not very glamerous. But you have a unique chance to see your volunteer work going live, which can be quite satisfying even though you and the team are the only ones to know what you just have accomplished. The team contains currently 10 translators, volunteering players out of this great community, but not all languages have been covered yet and obviously we are looking to have multiple translators for each language to reduce the personal translation load. So yes, I'm bumping this :)

Auch die Deutschen Spieler, welche sicher in der englischen Kommunikation sind, sind gerne gefragt, bei den Übersetzungen freiwillig zu unterstützen. Hier gibt es immer etwas zu tun und aktuell haben wir hier nur einen Übersetzer (mich).

Von daher würde es mich freuen, den Ein oder Anderen im Team der Übersetzer begrüßen zu dürfen.

bb

We are looking to expand our supported languages.  Specifically to Russian.  If any players wish to help introduce the language support please contact me.   

Also a few have contacted me regarding Portuguese - I'll be contacting you shortly.    We are also in the process for a few other languages as well, so if you're not a native English speaker and want to see the game in your native language (and are willing to assist with the effort (and it's a lot of work)) contact me.