Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fidel

High DPI mouse

7 posts in this topic

I noticed I'm always being laser wiped by elite snipers.  I ordered a new mouse with three DPI modes up to 3500 DPI.  I still noticed at range though that I just can't quite always zero in on the exact spot without the mouse 'jumping' just over where I want my aim.  What mouse do you guys use when going infantry?  What DPI level do you play at?  I thought 3500 would cut it but I still am not getting the precision I want.  

I use a Logitech M570 thumb ball  mouse. Not that accurate but don't make my wrist hurt.

In the infantry model, there appears to be a grid if you will ( I will describe it as a grid, simply because its easy to understand)
When you are zoomed in sniping, it will move to the grid points but not fractions of the points.
SO when you are trying to aim you will notice the aim point will kind of hop from A1 to A2, but wont go someplace in the middle.

Now i say grid simply because it visually describes the issue, not because i think its codes to an actual grid.
It may be a limitation of the current render engine or of the input control routines, or how the zoom function is built.
It isnt your mouse DPI, as i can replicate it on a very high DPI setting

I would recommend cross posting this over to testing and bug reports, unless a mod can move, and see what the feed back from the devs is.
It may be a limitation though in the current software and so may not be something they can individually change right now, but they might be able to at least explain the how and why of it.

It usually doesnt cause much problem, but on a really long range shot, when you are trying to put the bullet on the single pixel you can see of the target, sometimes you got to nudge your sniper left or right to get the scope center on target.

@XOOM @OHM guys could we get a move to gameplay testing and reporting, and maybe some info?

I use the Razor Death Adder with macros.

I have 2 DPS setting that I can 1-click between. 

One is set at 1000dpi. The 2nd is set at 400dpi for slow mouse movement when sniping. 

Edited by lipton

I've never wanted (or needed) to use an expensive, high DPI mouse.  My hand and arm aren't precise enough to stop a mouse on a certain 1/400 of an inch.  Why would I think having that same inch divided into over 3000 parts would make my aim any better?  :) If you use Windows, you can make a shortcut to your "Mouse Settings" function, and stick it on your desktop.  If you don't have a pointer speed adjustment button (behind the scroll wheel) on your mouse, you can still change the pointer speed relatively quickly using the Mouse Settings.

-Irish

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0