wildcat382

Fallen solider

57 posts in this topic

If I may ask, what was the illness that took him from us?

-Irish

Sal and I spent a lot of time together in the Wolves and when he decided to go Allied we had a hell of a good time hunting each other. If I had a dollar for every time he stuck that damned LMG up the tailpipe of my 232 I would be a rich man.   

I will miss his sense of humor and his grumpiness equally.  I am happy to have called him my friend.

!S Sal , hopefully the sappers still have 4 charges in heaven   ;)

2 people like this

RIP Sal, you will be missed. You taught me a lot the short amount of time I have been in game with you. 

S!

18 hours ago, merlin51 said:

:( After 17 years, we have lost so many that you would think it wouldnt be shocking anymore, but in our little game we tend to think of everyone as immortal and that they will just simply always be here.
Every time we lose another, the shock is the same as the first.

Some day, when terrain is open for editing, i think we should have a cemetery built in England, France, and Germany for all our lost friends.

This!

Maybe Dinant

2 people like this

Very sorry to hear. My sincerest condolences to his family and friends. S! Sal

4 hours ago, hondo said:

Sal and I spent a lot of time together in the Wolves and when he decided to go Allied we had a hell of a good time hunting each other. If I had a dollar for every time he stuck that damned LMG up the tailpipe of my 232 I would be a rich man.   

I will miss his sense of humor and his grumpiness equally.  I am happy to have called him my friend.

!S Sal , hopefully the sappers still have 4 charges in heaven   ;)

Well put.  

Sal was once a Member of Windhund as well and we've all been touched by his ability to be a huge Member of this game and no matter what side of his gun you were on you knew he was honorable and a friend to all.

S!

2 hours ago, chimm said:

This!

Maybe Dinant

That's a great idea.

How about Mons, near the BEF HQ. Or near Ieper perhaps

2 hours ago, chimm said:

This!

Maybe Dinant

At first, i think our friends should have their virtual immortality in a quiet out of the way place and let their memorials be in peace and dignity.
But then, thinking about it, i dont think thats what they would want, maybe in real life but i dont think thats what they would want in the game.
They would want them in places where the game is always happening, so yea Dinant may be one good choice.

But i also think they should be replicated in 2 or 3 places, so each side can at least have a chance at some point in the map to visit them a moment without something trying to shoot their head off.

Its strange to think, if the game lasts long enough, it will one day merit its own Arlington Cemetery where all our names will be.

1 person likes this

LOL when Exlax would get the grumpy... yup you had to take his humor and his grumpiness together... sometimes he would let it roll.

As for having a memorial yard - I think that would be great and worthy of time. We have lost many players.. mb a Cathedral with a memorial wall and courtyard where we can have memorials services.

1 person likes this

24 hours on from hearing this tragic news im still devastated,what a guy sal was,funny,grumpy,hard headed single minded,but he loved this game,and was a true and loyal friend and squaddie.our last conversation a week or so ago had me scrambling for pen and paper to write down his recipe for french toast.ill make a few rounds this saturday in his memory. RIP friend. im missing you already.S!

3 people like this

1 hour ago, bez5678 said:

24 hours on from hearing this tragic news im still devastated,what a guy sal was,funny,grumpy,hard headed single minded,but he loved this game,and was a true and loyal friend and squaddie.our last conversation a week or so ago had me scrambling for pen and paper to write down his recipe for french toast.ill make a few rounds this saturday in his memory. RIP friend. im missing you already.S!

TY @bez5678S! 

The Memorial: I am thinking, make a town off map with NO links. Maybe north of present towns. Have a ghost brig from each side in it.

This would allow you to go see and never be bothered by someone trying to shoot you. Germans, French, English and Americans.

You could not fire your weapons as in the inf. tents at an FB or like in a depot that belongs to other side.

> Maybe spawn list will be just a soldier and no weapons at all. <

*** Maybe you could be in full dress uniform too. ***

The grave stones would have Game Names, Real Names, dates of service in game and Date of demise. Maybe squads joined too. What country they from......

Maybe some kind of search mechanism to find the grave stone you are looking for.

Sound: in the background, taps (USA) being played or what ever that particular army that you joined to come to the memorial town would be played.

1 person likes this