• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Crs Wants You!   01/18/2019

CRS is looking for some volunteer live support chat staff.  Are you up for the assignment?  If so,  please send an email with your interest to,  Jobs@corneredrats.com
te5la

Why Play WWII Online?

45 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, robhood said:

The common thread of those videos....population.  I miss those days.  BTW  CE lives not too far away.  We grad lunch every once and a while.

TBS and overstock cemented a lot of what squads did. When they come back I fully expect the squad numbers to raise back to high levels.

7 hours ago, stankyus said:

And besides there is nothing like kicking the snot out of Vasduten1 - that's like +10 over H&G on that point alone.

You like clubbing  baby seals too I bet.  

1 person likes this

16 hours ago, saronin said:

You like clubbing  baby seals too I bet.  

Not as much as the wearing the pelt.

On 7/31/2017 at 0:50 PM, monsjoex said:

Wohoo im in the video :D (2:43)

Please Note. In this video each unit is a unique player.

Amen Xo, and i apologize for missing exlax memorial, Where you going to find a community that has such as love hate relationship but will come together and mourn real people in ceremonies in game? Where you going to find a community that will zing each other on forums like we do? We have relationships in squads, sides, and in forums that have been time tested. Sure there are folks that totally detest each other but its usually civil. You want a game that you can grow in? Try this out join a squad and learn the basics from us. Any new player can kill a day one veteran in this game. Its has a learning curve but there are squads and people who love this game and will teach. I for one get mouthy in game ( ALOT) but its all in good fun, and win or lose you join a community, and have a good attitude, you will have a group for life, til the end of your real life, in this game and in others.

RIP exlax and ltcanada

Forever Remembered

2 people like this

On 7/29/2017 at 11:53 AM, te5la said:

This is a serious question. I stumbled onto this game by accident. I am wondering why someone would pay to play this over the free Heroes & Generals?

Thanks in advance.

Hey Te5la,

Our guys have pretty much summed up what it's all about. We're preparing to launch on Steam, and I fully encourage you to get involved when that happens. Hop on Discord, join a squad, and you will understand the true nature of the awesomeness we do here.

Heroes and Generals is a very different game than ours, for many reasons. They are certainly more flashy and have a very defined Free to Play monetization scheme, they really appeal to a different demographic than we do almost entirely.

A lot of these things that you're showing us are actually quite similar to not only our original design goals, but implementations. Remember, we came out in 2001, H&G somewhere around 2011'ish. Our game was no doubt a strong use case for what they wanted to achieve, but they likely wanted to make it a little less complex and more understandable. I think they probably went into that direction of appealing to the broader market, quite a bit more.

What we do here is substantially different. We have a pretty mature group of players and sometimes refer to it as "Not a kiddie game." Which basically means hardcore is our default setting, this is not a game you can pick up and instantly start kicking ass, it's going to take a lot of work to get good and understand it.

So, why should YOU play the game? 

If you want these things, this is what makes us different:

• It's entirely player driven, both in terms of strategy and the fighting/capture of ownership (NO SCRIPTS!)
  • Raw realism (as defined earlier and on our Steam page)
  • Challenging game play (you're going to get owned for a bit until you learn how to survive and fight)
  • Combined arms, done legitimately on an impressive scale
  • Real operations led by player leaders with battle planning
  • A Campaign game that immerses the whole community, this isn't just a battle, this is a WAR!
  • A Squad that will become your family. This isn't a 4-6-8 man group thing, this is 20-50 all working together
  • A community that is helpful, mature and wants to prop you up to be part of their family
  • Developers that go the extra mile to communicate, play with and receive feedback directly from players
  • No mission will be the same
  • Extreme replay-ability
  • Multiple personas (toons / characters) that can be developed
  • Every town you take matters and immediately switches hands, (there is no algorithm at the end of the day to determine who owns it)

Bottom line is our game requires skill, discipline, patience, strategy and a strong sense of teamwork. And while it's not impossible to get instant gratification, the game is designed to be a bit more methodical actually representing the entirety of what makes a real battle would feel like. And the feeling you get from being successful after all this energy is applied, is the final hook that will keep you coming back.

I've been here since 2002 and was a player first, many of our community members have been here the same amount or longer. The question for you to find out is... why? And to do that, you'll need to experience it for yourself.

I hope this helps and thanks for asking about our game. S! 

5 people like this

HUGE MASSIVE COMBINED FORCES BATTLES! Literally 2,000-4,000 players in one server! All fighting for The map of Europe!  That is why you should play this game because there IS NO OTHER GAME OUT THERE WITH THIS KIND OF SCALE.  If you want to play battlefield you only get 64 player maps ( that's 32vs32)  you can go play arma and maybe get 75vs75.  This game can pull of 100vs100 to 1000vs1000...this is why you shoud play :) why i'm playing and can't wait for steam!

On 7/31/2017 at 10:45 AM, stankyus said:

Ahhh the old days back when a squad had different branches ... cant wait till we are back to TBS and massive overstocking.

Wow, cool video ... about fell off my chair when I saw a quote from myself. S!

On 7/29/2017 at 7:53 PM, te5la said:

This is a serious question. I stumbled onto this game by accident. I am wondering why someone would pay to play this over the free Heroes & Generals?

Thanks in advance.

At one point H&G was great when you actually use Assault teams on the campaign map and they didn't force you to buy vehicles, tanks and equipment which then made the use of ATs useless.. if players had not unlock said vehicles.. It also become too grinding to the point you had to buy ammunitions to shoot from your tanks and weapons, also the removal of the ability to chat with the enemy this made rivalries and socialization pretty great.

But I had some pretty epic moments of H&G like a 3-6 hour battle it become a battle of mind who would give up first..

WW2ol has very annoying features, bugs, poorly implement mechanics and features that the more you play the more will annoy you especially because some of this are like 10 years old.. still the battles and one seamless campaign and world makes the experience unrivaled.

On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 2:53 PM, te5la said:

Thanks in advance.

Because it is arguably the most challenging game you will ever play.

H&G is all about the graphics.  While I'm sure most would like to see better graphics in this game, there has been way to many times to comment how pulse pounding it is, especially the air game. 

On 8/3/2017 at 11:03 PM, Pittpete said:

Go read this FB post 

Who was the first WWII Online squad you joined/played with?

This is why people should play WW II Online

1st squad i was in, Batallion rouge de la mort

1st i played against was 31st Wrecking Crew, they have yet to make me famous though. (Dig the 1999 graphics)
This was their usual manner of arriving at your town
colum.jpg

awwwwwwwyeeeah.gif

1 person likes this

not just graphics, there's a lot more activity.

had to walk 1km on my last AO, spent more time walking than engaging... not tactical positioning or any of that bs, just going to the objective.

then there's whole hours of nothing happening cause FMS's can't set up and/or get camped. my last DO we were utterly owned by jester's tiger, but they only had 2 FMS's 1km out. we won cause we could out walk them to the CP...

17 minutes ago, major0noob said:

then there's whole hours of nothing happening cause FMS's can't set up and/or get camped. my last DO we were utterly owned by jester's tiger, but they only had 2 FMS's 1km out. we won cause we could out walk them to the CP...

Ive never had hours, even in lowest pop. Maybe i am lucky?

need to work with Jester then. (well you dont, bad for you)
He is a tiger, he is only bad arse if he keeps himself in that tiger standoffish range where he can reach out with the big stick O bang, which is exactly what he is supposed to do.
Now he needs a couple light close infantry support tanks who can help advance the infantry, and one of their FM forward.
Leave 1 FM back, its not entirely unuseful at 1km if it has a good defensible position
Something like that anyways.

I get that it is hard to set up an FM because the trucks are so audible

Also, nothing stops us from moving infantry like we did back in the day either.
we loaded them on trucks and tanks and HTs, we had no mobile spawns.
FM at 1km, sweet! shorter drive.

20 hours ago, merlin51 said:

Ive never had hours, even in lowest pop. Maybe i am lucky?

your totally the guy that says "this never happens to me so everything's ok"

He is a tiger, he is only bad arse if he keeps himself in that tiger standoffish range where he can reach out with the big stick O bang, which is exactly what he is supposed to do.
Now he needs a couple light close infantry support tanks who can help advance the infantry, and one of their FM forward.
Leave 1 FM back, its not entirely unuseful at 1km if it has a good defensible position
Something like that anyways.

this is exactly what they did, but they used tigers instead of light tanks. they failed cause we killed their trucks. they DID have 1km FMS's, we out-walked them to the CP.

I get that it is hard to set up an FM because the trucks are so audible

there's no reason it needs to be. other than the RPATS/sappers we had no issues with the 20sec truck-only-FRUS.

Also, nothing stops us from moving infantry like we did back in the day either.
we loaded them on trucks and tanks and HTs, we had no mobile spawns.
FM at 1km, sweet! shorter drive.

"back in the day" when there were 20+ people on the low-pop missions and more than 2 fights... look we all know things worked ok long ago, you guys need to get in 2017, there are only 30 people on (both sides) during TZ1, highest i've seen TZ2 was 50-60.

sure organizing those people to play more efficiently is a possibility but there are no tools to do it. HC are busy and need to do other things, squads like to be independent, and mission leaders can only make .orders and suggest things.

your playing in a different age man... most of the things you talk about never happen in game, i've run over inf with planes more often than stuff you talk about.

16 hours ago, major0noob said:

your totally the guy that says "this never happens to me so everything's ok"

this is exactly what they did, but they used tigers instead of light tanks. they failed cause we killed their trucks. they DID have 1km FMS's, we out-walked them to the CP.

there's no reason it needs to be. other than the RPATS/sappers we had no issues with the 20sec truck-only-FRUS.

"back in the day" when there were 20+ people on the low-pop missions and more than 2 fights... look we all know things worked ok long ago, you guys need to get in 2017, there are only 30 people on (both sides) during TZ1, highest i've seen TZ2 was 50-60.

sure organizing those people to play more efficiently is a possibility but there are no tools to do it. HC are busy and need to do other things, squads like to be independent, and mission leaders can only make .orders and suggest things.

your playing in a different age man... most of the things you talk about never happen in game, i've run over inf with planes more often than stuff you talk about.

FMS worked perfectly in Veghel yesterday. Because they are so difficult to remove once placed you really get a consistent fight going on. And not 1 flanking tank can kill the entire attack.