captcrayon

Steam release date?

47 posts in this topic

Sorry to ask this but I want to ask, when is this game going to release on steam and are the rats actually ready for it?  The rats have actually been very quiet on the whole situation with steam besides saying we're almost there.  By quiet I mean not much info on the new units that were promised, including the American paratroopers and the new weapons, what's actually coming with the steam release ( again American paras and new units).  I only ask because i'm so eager to see the huge MASSIVE battles this game can hold and so I might actually subscribe to this game.  Right now i'm just waiting to see what happens when it goes live on steam and i'm just wondering if the release date is close and the rats are actually ready for this whole journey and beyond?

The Rats have stated they are on track for an End of Summer Release for Steam... You can play now by subscribing or using F2P. We had a massive battle in Manhay last night.

An excellent question!

Considering there are only a few weeks left in sunner, I think it deserves an official response from CRS without the playerbase posting distractting photos from the internet. :)

Cheers!

Edited by krazydog

Gotta agree on this.  Almost halfway through August.

Its fine. No major roadblocks, last steps/tests are being taken/done ;)

Silence before the storm. 

7 hours ago, Scking said:

remember that summer lasts until Sept 21

You realize in Florida, summer lasts from february until december, in between we have spring.

As far as Im concerned........summer is over after Labor Day.

1 hour ago, bmw said:

Need to come to Florida mate, it's shorts and flip flops outside for Xmas day most years

1 hour ago, bmw said:

Astronomical Summer ends on September 21st.. Meteorological Summer ends on August 31st.. Maybe we need a confirmation on which end of summer they meant? ;)

13 minutes ago, Scking said:

Astronomical Summer ends on September 21st

Except that it starts on Sept 21st, ask any Aussie
Summer is eternal, it is always summer someplace :) 

1 person likes this

We are working very hard to get on released on steam ! Still a long time left in summer in the northern hemisphere ........   To be continued  

mrw-im-working-tech-support-and-a-custom

1 person likes this

21 minutes ago, OHM said:

We are working very hard to get on released on steam ! Still a long time left in summer in the northern hemisphere ........   To be continued  

allyourbase.gif

Edited by merlin51

The game's Steam release missed the Steam summer sale so playing semantics on when summer really ends doesn't mean much at this point. There's been a huge missed marketing opportunity.

Launching in what, late September now? When hardly anyone cares instead of offering a sub discount and being on lists like these:

THE MMOS OF THE STEAM SUMMER 2017 SALE

3 hours ago, david01 said:

The game's Steam release missed the Steam summer sale so playing semantics on when summer really ends doesn't mean much at this point. There's been a huge missed marketing opportunity.

Launching in what, late September now? When hardly anyone cares instead of offering a sub discount and being on lists like these:

Paid subs drive results, we're doing the best we can with what we have which is a LOT of very dedicated volunteers who love the game

You can help, for just $0.50 cents a day you can feed a CRS programmer, your small subscription can give a poor starving programmer a Hot Pocket and allow him to write and document a page of code, won't you please help?

Xoom has been handing out news at least weekly, sometimes more, we are VERY close so...patience grasshoppas

1 person likes this

17 minutes ago, KMS said:

You can help, for just $0.50 cents a day you can feed a CRS programmer, your small subscription can give a poor starving programmer a Hot Pocket and allow him to write and document a page of code, won't you please help?

WHo you fooling?!?!
50 cents a day would not feed my little toe nail, and hot pockets at 2 bucks in the vending machine.

You're hording secret food!!!!!!!!!!

I just want to see it when it's ready and not a second before.

10 hours ago, KMS said:

for just $0.50 cents a day you can feed a CRS programmer.

So how much food have you lot managed to stuff into your cheeks over the past 17 years? Thats a lot of food and very little development

I'm patient as I know the RATS have been hard at work.  I guess I'm more into seeing a new UNREAL engine rather then a STEAM release, but I know the two are tied together.

I have a feeling within the next two years the game will grow by leaps and bounds.  

Edited by Baer
1 person likes this

16 hours ago, david01 said:

Steam is like laundry detergent.. every 2 weeks its on sale :lol:

Actually i think how plan now is will be better as you arent in between all other games in sale.

Steam will not be the saviour you are all after unless something major changes between now and then, subscription-wise.

How many indie subscription based games do well on steam? 0

Hell, even the famous subscription-based games such as Warcraft are currently suffering.

Edited by calyx6

29 minutes ago, calyx6 said:

Steam will not be the saviour you are all after unless something major changes between now and then, subscription-wise.

How many indie subscription based games do well on steam? 0

Hell, even the famous subscription-based games such as Warcraft are currently suffering.

While I agree that Steam is not going to be the saving element to this game, I disagree that the subscription based model is a big issue. Heck there are people paying $5/m subscriptions on Twitch really for no reason at all. They can already watch them for free. Very little benefit to pay a sub on there but people do it to support their favorite player. 

I was watching Nadeshot the other day do a stream of pubg and he had been streaming for 8 hours and he was at almost 200 subscriptions for that stream. That’s almost $1000 in 8 hours..  And all these people got was a “Thank you very much <person> for your support, it’s appreciated”.. 

I do think CRS’s model could be adjusted to throw more bones to people that subscribe but I think the benefit of more weaponry is a big thing. I am wondering if CRS can integrate advertisements for Free Play users. Nothing major, just enough to add a little more revenue. 

5 minutes ago, Scking said:

While I agree that Steam is not going to be the saving element to this game, I disagree that the subscription based model is a big issue. Heck there are people paying $5/m subscriptions on Twitch really for no reason at all. They can already watch them for free. Very little benefit to pay a sub on there but people do it to support their favorite player. 

I was watching Nadeshot the other day do a stream of pubg and he had been streaming for 8 hours and he was at almost 200 subscriptions for that stream. That’s almost $1000 in 8 hours..  And all these people got was a “Thank you very much <person> for your support, it’s appreciated”.. 

I do think CRS’s model could be adjusted to throw more bones to people that subscribe but I think the benefit of more weaponry is a big thing. I am wondering if CRS can integrate advertisements for Free Play users. Nothing major, just enough to add a little more revenue. 

The difference is that those people have opted to support their favourite streamer mainly because they produce content which was already enjoyed for free by the donor, thus the donors know that they are not under pressure to support them every month, if they feel they can not, but the content will still be there for them.

In the case of this game, you're trying to appeal to people who have never seen nor heard of it before, and only offering a thin slice of the content to them unless they pay out every month. If they feel they can not support the game for a month, their accounts are frozen. Not just demoted to F2P. They essentially lose any hard work they have done during the month for which they can not afford.

It's almost a punishment for not being able to keep up your sub

If you can no longer pay premium or starter, the subscription should go to Free Play subscription imo.. shouldn’t freeze. If it does (which I will check) then I think CRS should consider a fix with that. They have to think 2 sides now as they have a system on the Playnet side and Steam side. 

I think CRS should explore advertisement options for Free Play subscribers every time they either change brigades or change personas (can’t do every spawn as that could really inhibit game play). If they did that, maybe they could bring the starter account back down to $4.99 a month as they would have advertising revenue to help.