• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Attention Soldiers Operation Fury Needs you!   02/20/2020

Attention All Soldiers, Operation Fury needs you.  You need to choose a side and sign up.  
      For more intel on Operation Fury Please click HERE Please go to Special Event Forum (here), And sign up for allied or axis.
      This will be a CRS Lead event on both sides.  Xoom will be heading up the axis side and Heavy265 will be heading up the Allied side. This will be for bragging rights.
      Why are we asking players to sign up you ask. We are trying for a role play experience.   We want this to be a true realistic event.  
      So get up and sign up and let's make this the best event ever!!!!!!!!!!
      Give me your war cry, grrrrrrrrrrrrr
      Heavy265 **out**
rodsantos

Disable AI once certain defending pop is met

21 posts in this topic

AI is a defensive tool to help avoid sneaky captures and pre-camping, right? So why isn't it disabled once the defending side spawns in enough players to adequately defend the town? At this stage, sneaky caps and pre-camps are the fault of the defenders now, and AI is both redundant and irritating. Just throwing this out there.

it's been asked before, but it's pretty much been no.
partly because AI's place, activation range and arc is fixed, and AI exists on the ingame map, so everyone can see it, mark it, and blow it up pretty easily
in most cases.
Defenders also tend to use it as a lookout of sorts.

it does pretty much nothing to stop sneaky caps or any observant persons from entering a town.
Once a person learns to see it on the map, it's pretty much defeated, either by skirting, or by dropping an HE on it from outside its activation range

REMOVE EVERY AI, expect AI AA from Airfields.

Everytime cheating AI AA kills my paraplane full of players I get farther and farther from subscribing to this game.

AI doesn't do %%%%! it only annoys players and damages one of the strongest feature of this game full PvP game worst it looks awful with 1999 graphics and bullets don't kill crew ... This is such a bad idea to still have them around 10 years later it's hard to even watch with a straight face.

You are mistaken, these are not 1999 graphics
bg4.jpg
These are
wwiigames_13_0.jpg

Other than that, take a breath, relax
Toss a grenade or satchel on Otto AI and he bites the dust.

1 person likes this

Yeah, but walk within five hundred meters of Otto AI and your family's getting a telegram from the War Office. If AI only causes frustration, then what good is it for? As for using it as a kind of lookout, EWS and audio are there for defenders.

8 hours ago, rodsantos said:

Yeah, but walk within five hundred meters of Otto AI and your family's getting a telegram from the War Office. If AI only causes frustration, then what good is it for? As for using it as a kind of lookout, EWS and audio are there for defenders.

Run perpendicular for AI's arc of fire
Listen for the reloads to rest

Grenades on the base runners
Satchels where you can reach them

Sergeant Horvath:
Maybe I should go up the middle, sir.

Captain Miller:
The way you run? I don't think so.

Sergeant Horvath:
Maybe I should go up the left, sir.

Captain Miller:
Maybe you should shut up!

18 hours ago, merlin51 said:

You are mistaken, these are not 1999 graphics
bg4.jpg
These are

Check AI those are not their graphics...

2- AI: After an hour playing on a 3-4 men squad attacking what seemed like a completely empty village I ended up capping 3 bases before I ran into an AI MG position. After getting shot at and wounded I was excited to finally find some action after almost 30 minutes of boredom. I open fire on the MG position and realized I wasn't facing a soldier I was actually facing a terminator that absorbed all my bullets and kept on firing at me. With all due respect and sorry for being harsh this is completely ridiculous. It would maybe be ok if this game was still in early development or in beta stage but gentlemen this is 2015.. this game has been out for 14 years. This is one of those things that many of you vets and fanboys might not give a crap about but a new player that comes to this game and sees this is immediately turned off. It completely destroys the realism and immersion that this game otherwise delivers. I see the dev team working on new weapons and so on. But what about this? Is this so hard to fix?

Edited by pbveteran

1 hour ago, pbveteran said:

Check AI those are not their graphics...

Oooh Ottos graphics.
Well he is just a low level cyborg, only reason he got a face at all is he was scaring off all the female sheep
(See many sheep in game?  Now ya know why)

Honestly i have not actually looked at his face in probably 16 years?
Bout the time we determined it took either 7000 or 17000 bullets to the head to kill him he became not worth looking at.

AI is an important basic defense function, it does work and only just enough. We have modified the settings so that there is no automatic repair of the AI after a period of time as well (server restarts excluded).

So once you blow up that AI, it will take someone to repair it for it to come back. That is a compromise we accepted sometime ago to find a middle ground. We have no plan to remove AI in its entirety.

I like AI.

The only thing I would change is to make it a PPO.

Something that needs a few guys contributing to its build.

Just imagine a FB coming to life surrounded by MG towers :)

On 8/20/2017 at 10:54 PM, XOOM said:

AI is an important basic defense function, it does work and only just enough. We have modified the settings so that there is no automatic repair of the AI after a period of time as well (server restarts excluded).

So once you blow up that AI, it will take someone to repair it for it to come back. That is a compromise we accepted sometime ago to find a middle ground. We have no plan to remove AI in its entirety.

Why can't we try a campaign just with AI AA on AF ?

AI besides AA on AF's are not important and are just here to annoy players cheating in a skill based and very realistic and human driven game.

This was one of the worst things I encounter when I was noob an unkillable soldier that sees through bushes and some cover and statically looks at one direction.. I FEEL SO MUCH SHAME WHEN I HAVE TO EXPLAIN this ugly thing to my friends as I advertise one of the most realistic games where every enemy is a player!

Every once and again  someone complains on the forums, ingame is like 5x worst.

The single most annoying "ahem" feature in the game. It makes players log sometimes , even unsub ...smart. But you won't take it out. mind numbing. I can't count the times I have logged after driving for long periods and setting the perfect ms only to be killed by an ai that had been destroyed. Or worse killed inside a bunker by an ai that can shoot through brick walls. Single dumbest feature in the game bar none. May it die a slow painful death if numbers ever get high enough.  A robot that can see through and shoot through walls in the game that boast of realism..seriously

Edited by jw
after further contemplation..

I think when a player fixes the AI he should get a cut of the kills added to his, like maybe 10%...

A new PPO might be an AI MG pit for the FMS, The Mission leader could maybe place one...

Learning how to defeat AI is just another thing like learning to deploy your LMG, or learning how to move, how cover works, learning how to throw a grenade properly to defeat it, how to use your map to see where the AI is etc...  Take your time and practice and feel good when you have mastered it.  The game is certainly not easy mode, but when it comes to AI, its pretty darn easy.

On 9/1/2017 at 10:09 PM, cosian said:

Learning how to defeat AI is just another thing like learning to deploy your LMG, or learning how to move, how cover works, learning how to throw a grenade properly to defeat it, how to use your map to see where the AI is etc...  Take your time and practice and feel good when you have mastered it.  The game is certainly not easy mode, but when it comes to AI, its pretty darn easy.

I don't want an easy game !! I want a realistic all skill based game where there is another human on the other side shooting at me, where I can hide, pretend to be death and use stealth infiltrating the enemy position without a cheating mechanic that denounces my position and removes skill from my enemies.

Do you think WW2 you had maps that said where machine guns and atgs were and they would only shoot at you if you were in front of them ?

I can take a selfie next to an enemy AI machine gun he doesn't do anything ... I can shoot at him and it doesn't do anything.

source.gif

The problem with this community is that most of you play this game for too long and are blinded so you don't understand why there isn't more players playing, you have forgotten your the first impressions of this game with some very silly features and mechanics.

AI was mis-thought at game inception.

The game has allowed attackers to operate as defenders since its beginning. Attackers arrive first and camp the defenders' spawns. The defenders then have to frontally attack the campers.

That's dumb as a design of a supposedly realistic tactical game.

Instead, the attackers should be prevented from getting to the defenders' spawns for a period of time sufficient to allow defenders to get into actual defensive positions. Victory should be gained by pushing the defenders out of their defenses, not by camping their spawns.

The period of attacker hold-out should begin upon attack commitment.

The number of attack commitments permissible at once should be related to defensive population.

Holdout should be implemented by impervious AI.

That AI should rapidly fade out when the holdout timer expires.

It should be possible for defenders to set up in AI positions. Superposition of a live defender on an AI position should cause that AI to delete.

1 person likes this

On 9/5/2017 at 5:44 AM, jwilly said:

The game has allowed attackers to operate as defenders since its beginning. Attackers arrive first and camp the defenders' spawns. The defenders then have to frontally attack the campers.

That's dumb as a design of a supposedly realistic tactical game.

Instead, the attackers should be prevented from getting to the defenders' spawns for a period of time sufficient to allow defenders to get into actual defensive positions. Victory should be gained by pushing the defenders out of their defenses, not by camping their spawns.

The period of attacker hold-out should begin upon attack commitment.

The number of attack commitments permissible at once should be related to defensive population.

That barely happens if not at all since EWS trigger without delay even a single defender coming early to an enemy attack can do much damage sometimes even preventing the attack to grow only in cases of extreme player population can camping happen.

On 8/13/2017 at 8:07 PM, pbveteran said:

REMOVE EVERY AI, expect AI AA from Airfields.

Everytime cheating AI AA kills my paraplane full of players I get farther and farther from subscribing to this game.

AI doesn't do %%%%! it only annoys players and damages one of the strongest feature of this game full PvP game worst it looks awful with 1999 graphics and bullets don't kill crew ... This is such a bad idea to still have them around 10 years later it's hard to even watch with a straight face.

Fly above 5km flak has like a 0.01% chance of hitting you that high...also why are you piloting the slowest plane in the game over known flak emplacements AI or player and then complaining of being shot down?

Well I hope that whatever gameplay value or personal attachment people here have to the AI defenses was worth it. All the Steam players are having a rough time with the AI on the edge of towns, not to mention the sporadically placed AI within towns that faces depots and other locations.

jmyyad.PNG

On 9/4/2017 at 7:01 PM, pbveteran said:

I can take a selfie next to an enemy AI machine gun he doesn't do anything ... I can shoot at him and it doesn't do anything.

^^^^ Add to that, you can outrun him, you can see him on the map, do whatever you like during reloads.
AI's range is not miles (Except maybe AAA cannons and shore batteries)

Sorry the reviewer walked for hours, but if he really did he wasnt watching chat, wasnt asking for help in chat.
Someone could have easily told he where to get shot at within 5 seconds of spawning
No one spawns in a bunker, so i'll assume he meant a CP? You generally dont die at the spawn point (though its possible on a lucky HE round)
You will die running past the windows etc. That is a normal part of the game, you are being suppressed.