bar18

Noob with a few questions

11 posts in this topic

Since about 2015 i have come back to this game for a few days with a free play account. Every single time i end up leaving since i'm kinda lost and don't really know what to do.

 

Last time i played a few months ago i was playing a french truck driver i think. I had no idea what to do, i was kinda just driving towards the town we were attacking and trying not to get blown up by a stuka circling overhead. Can someone please explain exactly what a truck driver is supposed to do? All i could find was something about a mobile spawn point but i'm sure there's more to it than that.

Anyways, this is a truly awesome looking game which i'm sure i would love but i just can't figure out how to play.

 

Another thing i don't really get is the tier system and the Americans. I think back in 2015 when i first played i swear i saw an American but i was playing as the Axis and thus could not get a closer look so he might just have been a frenchie. I don't really get the whole tier thing, how they advance and when exactly the Americans are supposed to come in. It would be nice if someone could explain that to me.

The last thing i would like an explanation for is the two cities at the edges of the map, Dover and Frankfurt. When i first played i thought they were some sort of "final boss" that a team would have to capture in order to win, then i found out campaigns end when 95% of the map has been captured by one side and that those cities never come into play. If they are never captured, then what exactly is their purpose?

Edited by bar18

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi bar18 :)
Every city consists of depots with an adjacent cp, the cp is a small grey building waving a flag, these cp's are capture points which needs to be taken/conquered in order to capture the city.  apart from the depots there are Armybases in every town, some towns only have 1, some have 2, big cities have 3 or more. these armybases cannot be captured until the town itself has been contested (1 or more cp's taken and held) for at least 10 minutes.  Most trucks nowadays are used to setup fortified mobile spawns (FMS) . it can also be used to tow aaguns/atg's especially the heavy ones, since the smallest can now be spawned at an FMS. 
The tier system is like a development supposed to image the research and development made by different countries during the war. We start at Tier 0 which largely represents the 1939/40 units, as the Tiers progress to Tier 1-2-3 both sides gets more advanced units to play with. The USA enters the game in in Tier 3, at which point some/most of the British and the French brigades are taken out as the Americans take over. 
Dover is a town in England, on very few occasions the axis have managed to get across the channel and take towns in England and win a campaign by doing so.. and by that point most mainland allied brigades have been pushed very far back, the french near their southern Factory towns, the british in England. Frankfurt is an Axis Factory town far east on the map, and neccessary (most times) for the allied to gain a victory. so it is in play near the end of a campaign mostly.
I hope this helps you a little, if you want more info, feel free to ask. :)
Bob

Edited by bobstav
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, bobstav said:

Hi bar18 :)
Every city consists of depots with an adjacent cp, the cp is a small grey building waving a flag, these cp's are capture points which needs to be taken/conquered in order to capture the city.  apart from the depots there are Armybases in every town, some towns only have 1, some have 2, big cities have 3 or more. these armybases cannot be captured until the town itself has been contested (1 or more cp's taken and held) for at least 10 minutes.  Most trucks nowadays are used to setup fortified mobile spawns (FMS) . it can also be used to tow aaguns/atg's especially the heavy ones, since the smallest can now be spawned at an FMS. 
The tier system is like a development supposed to image the research and development made by different countries during the war. We start at Tier 0 which largely represents the 1939/40 units, as the Tiers progress to Tier 1-2-3 both sides gets more advanced units to play with. The USA enters the game in in Tier 3, at which point some/most of the British and the French brigades are taken out as the Americans take over. 
Dover is a town in England, on very few occasions the axis have managed to get across the channel and take towns in England and win a campaign by doing so.. and by that point most mainland allied brigades have been pushed very far back, the french near their southern Factory towns, the british in England. Frankfurt is an Axis Factory town far east on the map, and neccessary (most times) for the allied to gain a victory. so it is in play near the end of a campaign mostly.
I hope this helps you a little, if you want more info, feel free to ask. :)
Bob

bobstav defending FBs and killin bob brothers, and doing what he does best, informing the public.

^^^^ what he said 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, bobstav said:

Hi bar18 :)
Every city consists of depots with an adjacent cp, the cp is a small grey building waving a flag, these cp's are capture points which needs to be taken/conquered in order to capture the city.  apart from the depots there are Armybases in every town, some towns only have 1, some have 2, big cities have 3 or more. these armybases cannot be captured until the town itself has been contested (1 or more cp's taken and held) for at least 10 minutes.  Most trucks nowadays are used to setup fortified mobile spawns (FMS) . it can also be used to tow aaguns/atg's especially the heavy ones, since the smallest can now be spawned at an FMS. 
The tier system is like a development supposed to image the research and development made by different countries during the war. We start at Tier 0 which largely represents the 1939/40 units, as the Tiers progress to Tier 1-2-3 both sides gets more advanced units to play with. The USA enters the game in in Tier 3, at which point some/most of the British and the French brigades are taken out as the Americans take over. 
Dover is a town in England, on very few occasions the axis have managed to get across the channel and take towns in England and win a campaign by doing so.. and by that point most mainland allied brigades have been pushed very far back, the french near their southern Factory towns, the british in England. Frankfurt is an Axis Factory town far east on the map, and neccessary (most times) for the allied to gain a victory. so it is in play near the end of a campaign mostly.
I hope this helps you a little, if you want more info, feel free to ask. :)
Bob

Thanks. This community is so friendly and welcoming to new players. You just don't see that kind of stuff anymore on the internet.

 

One last question, what exactly do you "do" in the naval part of the game? It's probably the branch i know least about.

Edited by bar18

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, bar18 said:

Thanks. This community is so friendly and welcoming to new players. You just don't see that kind of stuff anymore on the internet.

 

One last question, what exactly do you "do" in the naval part of the game? It's probably the branch i know least about.

The naval game, ACTUAL naval game you basically control a boat, whether its a riverboat (FMB), which has a 47mm ATG, 2 7.62mm MGs, 1 20mm AA, and a Dual 20mm AA, you sail around on the rivers or throughout the zeelands, and once you hit rank 5, you can sail Destroyers (DD).  has 5 128mm (big guns) the either engage other boats with, shell towns, surpress stuff with ect.  Also has 4 20mm AA guns, 2 front, 2 rear, 4 37mm AAA cannons, also good for supression, good for slower bombers/more damage and stuff.  Theres also one more piece of naval equipment that most people don't use anymore, and thats the Freighter, basically it can carry tanks/trucks/infantry throughout the zeelands and the english channel, but they're slow and giant targets.  

You can also use naval flags for ground units, each naval flag has its own infantry supply, a few ATGs, and Tanks.  

The naval game used to have a very dedicated core group, me being one of them, who always tried to get naval operations going, with freighters bringing equipment across the zeelands, doing lots of para drops, and the most fun, sailing in a Destroyer.

Edited by bob5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

sorry about that bob5, we had a few encounters yesterday, u will get me next time :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, bob5 said:

The naval game, ACTUAL naval game you basically control a boat, whether its a riverboat (FMB), which has a 40mm ATG, 2 7.62mm MGs, 1 20mm AA, and a Dual 20mm AA, you sail around on the rivers or throughout the zeelands, and once you hit rank 5, you can sail Destroyers (DD).  has 5 128mm (big guns) the either engage other boats with, shell towns, surpress stuff with ect.  Also has 4 20mm AA guns, 2 front, 2 rear, 4 37mm AAA cannons, also good for supression, good for slower bombers/more damage and stuff.  Theres also one more piece of naval equipment that most people don't use anymore, and thats the Freighter, basically it can carry tanks/trucks/infantry throughout the zeelands and the english channel, but they're slow and giant targets.  

You can also use naval flags for ground units, each naval flag has its own infantry supply, a few ATGs, and Tanks.  

The naval game used to have a very dedicated core group, me being one of them, who always tried to get naval operations going, with freighters bringing equipment across the zeelands, doing lots of para drops, and the most fun, sailing in a Destroyer.

Dang it bob5, its a 47mm or 3pdr ATG on the FMB.... noob.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, stankyus said:

Dang it bob5, its a 47mm or 3pdr ATG on the FMB.... noob.

to be fair to bob5, it was a 2pdr for many many years.
Anyways, whats a pound among friends?

:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, merlin51 said:

Anyways, whats a pound among friends?

:D

 

Alot of money!

 

 

Welcome to the game. yes it is confusing at first. If you can, get on Discord and join a channel for the side you are on. Talk to the other players and join a squad. The fastest way to learn it is to play with a squad and voice coms are a HUGE help. I can train someone to a functional level in the game in 15-20 min on voice coms. With text? Ummm... no comment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/11/2017 at 2:43 AM, bar18 said:

Since about 2015 i have come back to this game for a few days with a free play account. Every single time i end up leaving since i'm kinda lost and don't really know what to do.

This game heavily relies on teamwork.
Even "lone wolves" still need to participate some amount to have success. 
Because of this this community has some of the best player cooperation in game verse.

Advice: Do not worry about winning the campaign, focus on playing the game and playing with others.
Plan your time so you do not end up playing and entire day (does happen).

Finally: it will take a very long time, years even, to understand everything about this game, and that is totally great!  You will not get board.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.