• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Attention Soldiers Operation Fury Needs you!   02/20/2020

Attention All Soldiers, Operation Fury needs you.  You need to choose a side and sign up.  
      For more intel on Operation Fury Please click HERE Please go to Special Event Forum (here), And sign up for allied or axis.
      This will be a CRS Lead event on both sides.  Xoom will be heading up the axis side and Heavy265 will be heading up the Allied side. This will be for bragging rights.
      Why are we asking players to sign up you ask. We are trying for a role play experience.   We want this to be a true realistic event.  
      So get up and sign up and let's make this the best event ever!!!!!!!!!!
      Give me your war cry, grrrrrrrrrrrrr
      Heavy265 **out**
aunghous

Jeep

17 posts in this topic

I would like to see an America Jeep . It should have light tow a 30 cal machine gun  and be able to carry 2 inf with multi crewed capability .

Please and Thank you !

<S>

Edited by aunghous
2 people like this

2 hours ago, aunghous said:

2 inf with multi crewed capability

They going to fight over the steering wheel? :D
Got a feeling mounted 30's wouldn't be the first thing on its build list though.

Jeep would be cool, not sure how useful, it could tow an M3 though, just not hold many guys.
Axis could use the Thing™ transporter (yea i know not right name, but if we paint it orange...)
Be good infantry scout vehicles.

Willys MB
Willys-MA-3.jpg

Kubelwagon
VW_Kuebelwagen_1.jpg

Brit Austin Tilly anyone?
Austin_Tilly.jpg

France will need to lendlease some jeeps or something, they dont seem to have any official source of small utility vehicles, just APC's

Hello, Italy calling
Fiat_508cm.JPG

Fine fine, yes i forgot, the axis only
Schlongenwagon (we dont wanna know what its used for)
Schwimmwagen_at_RAF_Duxford.jpg

1st though, need to address small vehicle audio range/levels, or we will be hunted down like dogs.
Dogs i tell ya.

Edited by merlin51

The Free French Army relied on lend-lease equipment, so the French are covered, jeep-wise.

It would be nice to see the trucks not being needed/used for scouting duty, having been replaced (at least part-way through a campaign) by Jeeps, Things, etc.

3 hours ago, augetout said:

It would be nice to see the trucks not being needed/used for scouting duty, having been replaced (at least part-way through a campaign) by Jeeps, Things, etc.

Well theoretically the cars would be smaller, more nimble and less conspicuous.
Let them seat 4 people, not spawn FM's france would not have them in T0 through at the least, none sent as lendlease prior to fall, i do not think?

Before becoming viable though, i think audio radius and volume would need looked at.
Tanks yes, i can hear any steel tracked vehicle a long ways off be it a PZII or a Cat dozer, tracks are just noisy, the kind that carries.
Things with rubber tires, small engines and mufflers though need to be a wee bit harder to hear.

Think that may actually be on the things to address list though.

Fun fact:

The Japanese Kurogane Type 95, produced from 1936-1944, was "the world's first four-wheel-drive passenger vehicle placed into mass production before the Willys MB (Jeep), which was introduced in 1941, the Daimler Dingo in 1940, the Volkswagen Schwimmwagen introduced in 1942, and the GAZ-61 in 1938."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kurogane_Type_95

"In 2013, an example built in 1938 was found in a repair shop in Kyoto, having fallen into disrepair. At the request of Masahiko Kobayashi, it underwent an extensive restoration process that was crowd-funded for restoration costs amounting to [approximately USD $116,000] and having been added to a Japanese military museum. A video was made of the car's unveiling, showing the restored vehicle and engine running"

The French would get the Laffly V15R 4x4 reconnaissance car. Extensively used for recon and coordination from pre-1940 onward.

Laffly%20v15r.jpg

4 hours ago, xanthus said:

Fun fact:

The Japanese Kurogane Type 95, produced from 1936-1944, was "the world's first four-wheel-drive passenger vehicle placed into mass production before the Willys MB (Jeep), which was introduced in 1941, the Daimler Dingo in 1940, the Volkswagen Schwimmwagen introduced in 1942, and the GAZ-61 in 1938."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kurogane_Type_95

"In 2013, an example built in 1938 was found in a repair shop in Kyoto, having fallen into disrepair. At the request of Masahiko Kobayashi, it underwent an extensive restoration process that was crowd-funded for restoration costs amounting to [approximately USD $116,000] and having been added to a Japanese military museum. A video was made of the car's unveiling, showing the restored vehicle and engine running"

Interesting to see the Japanese and German vehicles were totally without national military markings while the American Jeep was fully decked out in wartime livery.  Nice little bit of respect, there.

By the way, if anyone wants a Kubelwagen, they're still being manufactured.  http://kubelkraft.com/index.html

-Irish

Edited by odonovan1

Yeah, Allies need the Jeep. I think it makes less noise than the prime movers? And possibly more manoeuvrable? 

The Axis could get the Kubel, but I think only after the rumoured introduction of the M3 Halftrack. 

5 hours ago, rodsantos said:

The Axis could get the Kubel, but I think only after the rumoured introduction of the M3 Halftrack. 

Why? Porsche began full scale production of the non prototype thing in feb 1940 and ran straight to 1945
That would make it available as early as possibly T0 depending on initial deployments.

The M3 did not make it's appearance until a later tier, did not enter the EU theater until after that.
Why should the axis wait?
I dont like this kind of idea where a guy does not get something until 6 years after it came out simply because the other guys similar thingy didnt come out until 1945

Thats nerfing, dont like nerfing.

Give the guy his things in the logical order they appeared in, it isnt tit for tat, wasnt in real life

11 hours ago, jwilly said:

The French would get the Laffly V15R 4x4 reconnaissance car. Extensively used for recon and coordination from pre-1940 onward.

Laffly%20v15r.jpg

You are looking for a nice way to say we get the short bus aren't you
:lol:

8 hours ago, merlin51 said:

Why? Porsche began full scale production of the non prototype thing in feb 1940 and ran straight to 1945
That would make it available as early as possibly T0 depending on initial deployments.

The M3 did not make it's appearance until a later tier, did not enter the EU theater until after that.
Why should the axis wait?
I dont like this kind of idea where a guy does not get something until 6 years after it came out simply because the other guys similar thingy didnt come out until 1945

Thats nerfing, dont like nerfing.

Give the guy his things in the logical order they appeared in, it isnt tit for tat, wasnt in real life

Yeah, sorry, my logic was a bit confused. I was thinking about the Jeep being a bit of a counterpart to the 251 HT. 

I actually agree with rodsantos' comment to do the M3 first. I think all of the existing incomplete sets...at least for ground weapons, for which the coding and resource hurdles are lower...should be completed before we start more.

The Jeep/Austin Tilly/Laffly V15R/Kubelwagen recon vehicle set will be new.

The SdKfz 251/Windsor Carrier/M3/Lorraine 39 APC set is missing three elements.

The French 50mm/German 50mm/British 2 inch/American 60mm mortar set is missing one element.

The LMG set is missing an element, which may already be modeled. The HEAT RG set is missing three elements, two of which are already modeled.

I think there might also be priority for the first SPAA set, because it's needed to balance the introduction of new, more-lethal kinds of aircraft ordnance that I think Scotsman and Hatch have ready to go. That set should involve modeling the Laffly S25TL truck, a new version of the existing Morris truck model, and a variant of the M3 HT model, plus a variant of the Bofors 40mm, a variant of the Hotchkiss CaMle 39, and new models of the 20mm FlaK Vierling and the Maxon-mount quad .50 M2HB.

AFter that, it'll be time for the recon vehicle set.

If the Steam intro goes well, it should be possible to add modeling resources, and it'll go quickly.

Hello All.

I would have to agree in regard to the M3 halftrack. The overall US listing should be filled out as a priority, which would include the M3 halftrack. All of the Allies could easily use the M3 halftrack so it would be a good "bang for buck" resource/utilisation wise. The US requires the addition of its own 60mm mortar as indicated above also. Other units for the US list would be potentially 2 different types of trucks (both new), the 37mm Light ATG (new), M8 Greyhound Scout Car (new) and probably the M3 Lee/Grant (also new). These additions plus the repurposing of the current US built, French aircraft would nicely fill out the American TO&E with relatively minimal New modelling.

It would be interesting adding the Kubelwagon / Austin Tilly / Laffly V15R / Willys MB for some definite colour, however I don't feel the way the game is usually played their presence would greatly enhance the gaming experience. One current in-game issue is still the "over performance" of ALL wheeled vehicles off road. I am not saying don't add these vehicles, maybe keep them in mind for a later date. I do feel there are more pressing requirements i.e. filling out the US list for one.

Thank you for reading,

Cheers

James10.

If and when scout cars are introduced it would be a logical time to introduce leaving one's vehicle as well, so one might exit in order to observe, rather than having to drive around in plain sight of the enemy.

My understanding is that capability would involve major changes to the game engine, much greater in work-scope than just modeling another set of vehicles.

rather than having to drive around in plain sight of the enemy.

If you want to run a recon team as a driver, take an infantryman as the observer-rider. Or, run two accounts yourself. 

Although the new team is still learning how to do these things, a Jeep has been considered and come up as part of our discussions. The strategy being a quick vehicle to transport soldiers across the battlefield for special missions (or what ever light and fast purpose).

The consideration for armament was also discussed but nothing definitive. At this time these things are not in active development or scheduled as part of our development priorities.

Cannot stress enough that additional resources will unlock so much potential for me to be able to get more time out of our existing personnel and expand our outsourcing options, ultimately resulting into more for World War II Online.