Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Dead during training: a fiasco.

pfmosquito

While I can understand why we would force new players to go through training, and I thought the training was well put together, I was very annoyed that I had to go through it.  Honestly, anyone who knows how to do .graduate true should be able to use it.  Anyway, I was told it would only take me 5 minutes, but it ended up taking 20-30 minutes.   It probably would have taken just 10-15 minutes, except that I got stuck at the F3 tutorial.  No matter what I tried, I couldn't select an option for f3.  It would pull up the menu for f2, but wouldn't even let me 'tune' that one.  So, finally, I had to frag myself to escape the loop.  Am I only the person who ever died in training?

Please say yes.

deadintraining.jpg

• Like 1

Why in the bloody hell do I have to complete this damn training?  I've already been playing forever and this stupidity is just annoying which is saying a lot for this game.  

3 hours ago, Sudden said:

Why would you of all people have to go through training?

Amen, brutha.

@pfmosquito
Well i have died in training, but it was the old one where you had a phase that you fought other opposing players in training.

Weird on the F3 thing

I had to go through it 3 times, once per account
Was not bad though, and there were a lot of other players in the training instance with me.

As for why do we have to do it?
Because if we do not, then it wont have been bug tested by people qualified to say if it works or not, and then it will be Us sending the n00bs to a crappy boot camp.

I could definitely see it one day having some small single player scenarios that go more in depth
Ranging and identifying targets etc with some AI units that shoot back etc.
Not mandatory but for optional advance training

8 hours ago, merlin51 said:

Because if we do not, then it wont have been bug tested by people qualified to say if it works or not, and then it will be Us sending the n00bs to a crappy boot camp.

I did console myself with that as a possibility, and chose to view it as an honor.  But that was me making up stuff to appease myself.  There are better ways to achieve this goal, that do not treat a gamer's time with disrespect (eg, an invitation to test it out--a tried and true technique).  I only had 30 minutes last night in which to play, and I spent 25 of it stuck in training, with no ability to do otherwise.

Did you report this? I think this is exactly the sort of thing they want to know with this release candidate.

@B2K might want to move this to Testing and Bug Reporting.

Edited by xanthus

• Registered Users

PF, didn't you tell me the prob was that you had remapped cursor key and that was the prob?

Old--no, I asked if it was possible that my keymapping had thrown it off, and you said that if I had remapped my cursor, yes.  But since I hadn't remapped my cursor, I switched to fragging myself as my solution.

When I went back through the training, it let me do the F3 thing.

• 2 weeks later...

No, I did not open a new account.  I do not know why I had to go through training.  It's all over now, I reckon.  Hope they don't do it to me again!

5 minutes ago, pfmosquito said:

I do not know why I had to go through training.

Because you, like me, never did the training.
It did not exist when we started.
So our accounts had no completed training stat

That would be true of my original account, pfmosq.  But when I came back, I couldn't access my original account anymore, so I started pfmosquito up.  (Initially it didn't allow more than 6 character names?)  I distinctly remember doing .graduate true as pfmosquito.

23 minutes ago, pfmosquito said:

.graduate true

that probably explains why

On merlin i did the tutorials when they came out, gave feedback on them
On other accounts, i just did .graduate true
Other accounts i had to do the tutorials, only the basic ones.

The flight tutorial was awesome though, it spawned me in the game map, way back in axis territory, that was relaxing. not.

I recon I could sympathize with you guys that had to run through the training once, until I remember I have had to do it over 100 times in testing.

just sayin..

you got it easy...

:)

• Like 1