vasduten1

Discord Low Volume

6 posts in this topic

I realize Discord is a third party app, but since yesterday, the volume is so low on it that I have everything turned up to 200%, (Why not make the damned volume 200% just equal 100%?!?,) and it was still so low I couldn't hear anyone well at all.

They said my mic was too low and they could barely heart me as well. I boosted my mic by 10db and they could hear me much better, but it's still too low. 

What's the deal? Anyone else having this issue?

Have you recently changed your headphone/speaker/headset/microphone position from another plugin? If so, try a different one if available (Especially if USB).  Are you using the desktop client for Discord? 

Few additional things to check & try.

Windows:

1. Run Discord on Administrator. 

2. Check that your Playback / Recording device levels are where they are supposed to be. (Right click the volume icon - Open Volume mixer - Select & device - Levels tab)

3. Check that Discord doesn't have its volume levels lower than it should be. (From Volume mixer)

4. Check that Windows isn't automatically reducing the volume of other sounds. (Right click the volume icon - Select Playback/recording device(s) - Communications tab - Select "Do nothing".

Discord:

1. Check from Voice settings that the Input and Output volume are correct. 

2. Check that the Voice Processing options (Under "Advanced") are correct & enabled. Especially the "Automatic Gain Control setting". 

3. Increase the volume of other people in the Discord voice channel by right clicking their name.

If nothing else works, reset your voice settings and try again. 

Edited by gretnine

Ah!

It was the playback setting.

I hadn't changed anything, but there we are. It was way down.

Now I can set Discord to 100% volume again.

Also, I had previously stopped Windows from automatically dropping the volume.

Thanks!

It's happening again...

Discord volume is SO low I can barely hear anyone else.

The option to have Windows "do nothing" in sound properties is set right, 

The volumes in Discord are 200% but barely audible still. Other applications are fine.

I even uninstalled and reinstalled my realtek Hd audio drivers. No help.

What's the deal? Surely I'm not the only one having this issue with Discord, but a Google search comes up short as well.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled Discord, too as admin and all.

I'm at a loss. I really like having voice comms... but not when they're not audible.

16 minutes ago, vasduten1 said:

It's happening again...

Discord volume is SO low I can barely hear anyone else.

The option to have Windows "do nothing" in sound properties is set right, 

The volumes in Discord are 200% but barely audible still. Other applications are fine.

I even uninstalled and reinstalled my realtek Hd audio drivers. No help.

What's the deal? Surely I'm not the only one having this issue with Discord, but a Google search comes up short as well.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled Discord, too as admin and all.

I'm at a loss. I really like having voice comms... but not when they're not audible.

I've had to reset my windows volume mixer a few times, discord keeps turning on at 0 volume...

1 person likes this