XOOM

[AXIS SIGN UP] Fall Gelb (Official Campaign Event): 9/17/2017

170 posts in this topic

S! Shagher here.  I would like to play inf if we can still register.  Was out of town.  My email address is  : Sebsyssau@gmail.com .  Hastien is filling the request for me.

Edited by hastien
filling out request for squadie since out of town.

Sign me up! I will go where needed, but my best is: Infantry assault, atg, or FB bust. Crappy pilot. I see KG Phalanx has an opening in 2nd squad I can take. KG Germany Spec Ops looks good too. mark.becker77@yahoo.com

Edited by stoney12

Updated all since last update done by Rotschild.

Given leadership roles:

@sydst Kamfgruppe Phalanx (Infantry GRP2)  XO

@shagher Kamfgruppe Phalanx (Infantry GRP2)  CO

@stoney12 Kampfgruppe Germany (Special Operations)  XO

bb

Quick check, Can I change my position to Phalanx squad leader one, as the position is vacant, Or should I stay as squad leader 3? We were talking about putting Karl as squad leader 3 and I move to squad leader 1.

Hi guys.

Thank you all for an awesome event last night!

I thought I would write an after action report about it, since I saw some room for improvement.

I ended up leading Gladius, since the CO never showed. We were about 4-5 guys through most of the event, running opels at different attacks. I would say myself that it was a great success. All targets had several MS at minimum distance at all times, and from different directions. Everything coordinated, marked and posted on the text channels.

But.. we really lacked communication with the infantry commanders. In several of the attacks, some of our guys had perfect MS and not a single infantry spawning throughout the attack, even though the MS missions was yelled out at all relevant channels. That frustrated some of the guys a lot, since they did there very best and they planned, build and protected an MS for the infantry. I would even go so far as to say that the Wavre attack failed mainly because everybody kept spawning at the same MS. The enemy formed a line protecting east and we never really got in. But we had perfectly good Mobile Spawns up from several other directions, at better (minimum) distance and protected. But nobody went there, even though we did our best to inform the infantry.

So.. I would suggest that at the next event supply is directly attached to an infantry group, sharing Discord channel (separate text channel for planning is fine). And the infantry commanders should be very aware of where spawns are located and direct the infantry to vary the MS when respawning. Maybe infantry should even be divided into smaller sub groups, so commanders can assign spawns and targets easily.

At the same time I'd like to suggest that the support teams have some reserve troops that go engineers or mortar in the beginning of an attack, covering and building gun emplacements, before joining the infantry attack. For a single battle group, going after a single target, I would suggest having 4 support and 4 infantry/support reserves and the CO of the support group should be communicating with the CO of the infantry through the battle. That way everybody will know what to do, when to do it, and the infantry will always have a close MS where the enemy is not expecting them.

That said, I still had a lot of fun leading some awesome guys. I would like to thank my fellow support guys from Gladius! You guys did a great job and I would love to work with you guy again! And thanks to everyone else who helped make the event memorable (even the server guys for the flying tags on the map ;D )

!S all

[91st] fragie