Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
panzerlowe

Multicrew

12 posts in this topic

Can i have more then 1 friend in my tank, if tank can fit more then 2 people ?  

Edited by panzerlowe

Currently multicrewing a vehicle is with one other person. Polycrewing is a discussed plan for the future atm.

As an actual tank crewman... I would love to get a full crew into a wwii online tank!! 

Are there other wii games that allow more than 2 players to operate in a vehicle? If so, which?

S!

28 minutes ago, Elfin said:

Are there other wii games that allow more than 2 players to operate in a vehicle? If so, which?

S!

Only 2 i can think of was bf1942, and warbirds i think you could get 3 people in your bomber crew

What about allowing people to join a crew mid mission. Ie a pilot takes off and at some point on his way target another player is able to join him as his tailgunner? 

On 3/23/2018 at 10:57 PM, black5 said:

As an actual tank crewman... I would love to get a full crew into a wwii online tank!! 

Who in their right mind would want to crew a tank to be a loader in a video game? LOL

2 people like this

On 3/23/2018 at 10:57 PM, black5 said:

I think the game has the vehicle crew system down perfectly. One man can crew a tank, but not in a do-it-all fashion like the Battlefield games for instance. The tank still acts as several different individuals which must be used separately though the system allows for continuous movement while outside of the seat (driver continues driving forward, turret continues turning, etc if chosen)

No other sim provides this level of freedom to the player while maintaining an aspect of realism. Other sims just force tanks/AFVs to be used by no less than two people which always leaves someone doing the very exciting work of only driving the vehicle/maybe using a bow MG.

Bombers need polycrewing. Naval vessels need polycrewing. Tanks can be modeled just fine with "multi" crewing, i.e. two players. That functionality needs to be reworked though so that player 1 and player 2 are sensibly allocated according to a specific vehicle's layout, following the general guideline that no player is given nothing to do but drive if it's position-sensible to divide roles another way.

For a "classic" tank, player 1 should be Commander / Driver, and player 2 should be Main Gunner  with turret control. On vehicles that have a specific Loader top hatch, the Loader should have "up" ability and binoculars when main gun loading is not occurring. There should be a time delay for the Loader to switch stations. For vehicles like a properly modeled later war StuG, the Loader would operate a top mounted MG. On other tanks, the Commander would operate the top mounted MG.

For the French "B" tank, player 1 is Commander and automatically the turret Gunner, with ability to be "up" via the rear turret hatch. Player 2 is Driver and hull Gunner, with no ability to be "up". There should be a delay for the Commander to switch modes.

For some of the two-man tanks, for realism the roles inherently must be split hull-position <--> turret-position, even though this leaves one player with no gun role.

All tanks and ACs need reworking. The PzKpfW 38(t) particularly needs to have its goofy turret rotation linkage fixed.

Other sims just force tanks/AFVs to be used by no less than two people which always leaves someone doing the very exciting work of only driving the vehicle/maybe using a bow MG.

A key marketing consideration is that two single-manned tanks are likely to be more lethal in many circumstances than the more realistic situation of one dual-manned tank. That works against dual-manning, even though dual-manning is an excellent way to introduct newbies to the vehicle-operations part of the game.  My marketing view is that single-crewing of AFVs should entail significant position-switch time delays, as if a partial crew in the tank was having to physically move between positions.

Edited by jwilly

1 hour ago, jwilly said:

Bombers need polycrewing. Naval vessels need polycrewing. Tanks can be modeled just fine with "multi" crewing, i.e. two players. That functionality needs to be reworked though so that player 1 and player 2 are sensibly allocated according to a specific vehicle's layout, following the general guideline that no player is given nothing to do but drive if it's position-sensible to divide roles another way.

For a "classic" tank, player 1 should be Commander / Driver, and player 2 should be Main Gunner  with turret control. On vehicles that have a specific Loader top hatch, the Loader should have "up" ability and binoculars when main gun loading is not occurring. There should be a time delay for the Loader to switch stations. For vehicles like a properly modeled later war StuG, the Loader would operate a top mounted MG. On other tanks, the Commander would operate the top mounted MG.

For the French "B" tank, player 1 is Commander and automatically the turret Gunner, with ability to be "up" via the rear turret hatch. Player 2 is Driver and hull Gunner, with no ability to be "up". There should be a delay for the Commander to switch modes.

For some of the two-man tanks, for realism the roles inherently must be split hull-position <--> turret-position, even though this leaves one player with no gun role.

All tanks and ACs need reworking. The PzKpfW 38(t) particularly needs to have its goofy turret rotation linkage fixed.

A key marketing consideration is that two single-manned tanks are likely to be more lethal in many circumstances than the more realistic situation of one dual-manned tank. That works against dual-manning, even though dual-manning is an excellent way to introduct newbies to the vehicle-operations part of the game.  My marketing view is that single-crewing of AFVs should entail significant position-switch time delays, as if a partial crew in the tank was having to physically move between positions.

My thoughts on the matter as well jwilly. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0