Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

tsetse

Steam release (yikers)

lipton
5 hours ago, major0noob said:

it's frigen lipton and merlin. one thinks we talk about literal matties vs tigers and the other has to be at least 90% right all the time.

you won't get anywhere using logic with them...

I wish we could all be as perfect as you Mr noob who thinks he's right 100% of the time.

Combined, Merlin and I have almost 30 years of game experience to your ... 4 ?? But we shall bow to your godliness.  But careful you don't fly too close to the sun. Your wax wings might melt, Icarus.  

You know, the funny thing is... I'm never the first to throw a punch. But I'm always willing to finish a fight.  Are you?

im-your-huckleberry-gif-4.gif?resize=245

Edited by lipton

OLDZEKE

As to steam and old guys, I'm 63 and had checked out steam before it was mentioned as a possibility for wwiiol.

Wife's cousin was here this weekend and he's a steam gamer, 71 years young.

• Like 1

Capco

I'm not saying the DB7 isn't off.  It may very well have some kind of inaccuracy in its FM.  But American aircraft in general, and American bombers in particular, were extremely well constructed compared to their contemporaries.  It's a big reason why they all tend to climb like rocks in our game.  Most European designs were significantly lighter and had better in-line engines, such as the Merlin and DB601 (American radial engines were superb, however.  See the Wasp family of engines).  

So don't be surprised if Hatch comes back with a plane that is still more rugged than its contemporaries.  

vasduten1
10 minutes ago, Capco said:

I'm not saying the DB7 isn't off.  It may very well have some kind of inaccuracy in its FM. 

That's like saying "I'm not saying Joseph Stalin wasn't a genocidal maniac. He may well have been responsible for killing a few hundred people."

hahaha

Heh, Lipton... I DID say 40MM. I thought you were referring to the next line which mentioned 20MM A2A.

FWIW, the 40MM poofs off as well, mosizlak has demonstrated this more than once.

Hopefully the HE audit patch will fix this, because I almost rage-logged last night after poofing useless HE at infantry 300M away, having 40MM rounds explode ten feet behind, 5 ft in front of and right at their feet and the guy just kept running.

GHEY.

There IS indeed something off about the DB7's flight model. If it ended up more rugged in some ways after the audits, fine. It shouldn't fly like a UFO though.

lipton
53 minutes ago, vasduten1 said:

Heh, Lipton... I DID say 40MM. I thought you were referring to the next line which mentioned 20MM A2A.

FWIW, the 40MM poofs off as well, mosizlak has demonstrated this more than once.

Hopefully the HE audit patch will fix this, because I almost rage-logged last night after poofing useless HE at infantry 300M away, having 40MM rounds explode ten feet behind, 5 ft in front of and right at their feet and the guy just kept running.

GHEY.

There IS indeed something off about the DB7's flight model. If it ended up more rugged in some ways after the audits, fine. It shouldn't fly like a UFO though.

Vas, I wasn't trying to start anything. We signed a cease-fire treaty last year and I'm sticking to it no matter what. We're good. S!

All I'm saying is... When I get hit with 40's, it affects my flight. I might still be able come back around and drop my bombs, but it's not without a lot of working the stick and peddles to keep that thing on target. 

It may look like nothings changed from the ground, but it rarely FEELS that way on my end lol.  But not always. Sometimes, I can take a few hits and go on like nothings happened. But that a rarity. 

Personally, it doesn't really matter to me. I suck in all planes. Especially bombers. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't have a problem knocking me out of the sky today in an E4 :-). 

So, if they change the plane or not... whatever. I don't fly well enough that it will matter much either way really. 

But yeah, the HE model is totally GHEY. 

Edited by lipton
  • Like 1

saronin
15 hours ago, merlin51 said:

2 things
1) HE rounds are not currently performing to par in several ways
Like you just said, have to hit a hard part, like engine to get almost guaranteed effect
20mm suffers the worse in some cases (not all) because it has the least going for it, very small very light thin walled round, with not a lot of KE to offer up as damage.

2) Selective memories, even fading depending on when they recorded it
Not saying B17's were impervious to 20mm or anything, but B17's returned to base some times looking absolutely like a flying fatality.
Missing major pieces of plane, shredded by 88mm flak and you could have picked up the crew with a soda straw, yet it flew home.
HE111's too for that matter.
The sorties did not end quite that easily nor quite that fast on any guaranteed basis

Given the likelihood of a B17 crew to survive 25 missions I don't know that it is your best example. There is a reason the Memphis Belle was famous. Some crews just got lucky they could land scrap metal. Those were the exception and not the rule. 8th AF bomber crews were some brave SOBs. 

Merlin51
10 minutes ago, saronin said:

Given the likelihood of a B17 crew to survive 25 missions I don't know that it is your best example.

I did not say the crew survived, i said you could pick them up with a straw.
Just pilot and airframe

Merlin51
5 hours ago, vasduten1 said:

Here's a shot of what a 30MM does to a spit's wing, and tell me that a 20MM shouldn't do close to the same damage, thinner walls and all: 

Id like to say yes, but i'd be lying.

Not saying the 20mm is useless.
The 30mm minegeshoss is about 85g the 20mm topped at 18g
the 30mm is a world of hurt difference. Grapefruit is a mean unforgiving mother.

I am not sure what our belting is in game, but personally on 20MM
I would want to load heavy on PzbGr API-Elekron then PzGr AP-T and very light on the Mg HE
AP-T for breaking the heavy things and a bit of range, API for both punching the crap out of the heavy parts and settings fire, with the HE filling in mostly for anti crew member action and what not.
Something like a 5-2-5-2-1 loadout

I dont know if that is the smartest idea for the loadout, its just what i would pick.
For ground AAA, i'd just want the AP-T or API, skip the HE.

Merlin51
5 hours ago, major0noob said:

other has to be at least 90% right all the time.

I cant help it lipton is right all the time.

U mad brah?

• Like 1

major0noob

i fkn told you.

can't get anywhere with them.

• Like 1

Merlin51
19 minutes ago, major0noob said:

can't get anywhere with them.

You never said we were going anywhere?

Is the car running? Hold on, im washing my hair.
Wont take long, ive only 1 left.

B2K

So if we can't self control, and quit the personal nitpicking.. some will just lock this up..

Merlin51
13 minutes ago, B2K said:

16253476739_65058a25ac_b.jpg