• Announcements

• PITTPETE

NEW Career Subscriptions now available   06/08/2019

The all new highly anticipated / requested "Career Based Subscriptions" are available through www.WWIIONLINE.com/account only, starting at $9.99! There are three new subscriptions being added; 1) All Infantry at $9.99/mo, 2) All Air Forces at $9.99/mo, 3) All Ground Forces (Army Persona) at $12.99/mo. Continue reading to learn more and get back into the fight now! View the full article on battlegroundeurope.com
    • CHIMM

18th Anniversary Event Awards!   06/23/2019

This year we are giving out trophies and awards for the top players during the "Kill a RAT" event! We need the following players to contact @CHIMM at chimm@corneredrats.com with your physical address to mail these out.   @mook2  @dasei88  @c00per  @kardehk  @chau90  @kdped02  @Simcha  @pulfer  @bus0    
kemiozz

Give players more freedom?

94 posts in this topic

' Ehrm no i dont want 4vs4 fight... i want bigger fights... go figure you get a 4 vs 4 fight in antwerp.... great.... '

You want a big fight, you can join a big fight, but at the same time in other place on the map, there would  be a 4 vs 4.

Why would you neglect this option? This does nothing to your gameplay in your big battle, this is potential subscribers lost for CRS because currently this is not allowed and potentialy this could bring new subscribers who want shorter and smaller fights which they cannot do now.

' and the allieds have 30 guys on .. axis 10... then its a 6 vs 2 fight '

There needs to be side balancing also then, with plenty of new players who would not be in a squad, they could just be dropped into the underpopped side.

1 minute ago, kemiozz said:

' Ehrm no i dont want 4vs4 fight... i want bigger fights... go figure you get a 4 vs 4 fight in antwerp.... great.... '

You want a big fight, you can join a big fight, but at the same time in other place on the map, there would  be a 4 vs 4.

Why would you neglect this option? This does nothing to your gameplay in your big battle, this is potential subscribers lost for CRS because currently this is not allowed and potentialy this could bring new subscribers who want shorter and smaller fights which they cannot do now.

' and the allieds have 30 guys on .. axis 10... then its a 6 vs 2 fight '

There needs to be side balancing also then, with plenty of new players who would not be in a squad, they could just be dropped into the underpopped side.

There is nothing to neglect... you are i think neglecting the fact that there are not enough players at the moment for this to happen. The population dictates the number of ao's we can have at this point, wich you may think is bad, but for the game at this point its good otherwise campaigns would be over in maybe even hours if one side has 30 guys on and the other side only 5, aka map is getting rolled 

Ah yes dropping into underpopped side.. there goes your "freedom" now you are being forced to play a side that you maybe not want, so then you go play something else.. also not good.

This game is not intended for shorter and smaller fights... we had rapid assault for that... (and i honestly dont know if that is still around) ... so if you want to have that.. you need to find yourself another game mate ;) 

1 person likes this

' The population dictates the number of ao's we can have at this point, wich you may think is bad '

I think that current HC/AO is bad ;)

' Ah yes dropping into underpopped side.. there goes your "freedom" now you are being forced to play a side that you maybe not want, so then you go play something else.. also not good. '

But it is essential for gameplay, which I can understand as a player myself.   I would have no problem to be dropped into axis or allies, because I would know the teams are kept equal.

It is different kind of 'freedom'. If you are on allies or axis, you can still play like you want...... but with HC/AO you are limited in the game by someone else which is frustrating.

I would say having personal AO and team balance  would be 80% less frustrating than choosing your own side which is  30 vs 6 players online and on top of that, someone telling you what to do.

' This game is not intended for shorter and smaller fights '

The original game design allows this, the current HC/AO does not.

11 minutes ago, kemiozz said:

' The population dictates the number of ao's we can have at this point, wich you may think is bad '

I think that current HC/AO is bad ;)

' Ah yes dropping into underpopped side.. there goes your "freedom" now you are being forced to play a side that you maybe not want, so then you go play something else.. also not good. '

But it is essential for gameplay, which I can understand as a player myself.   I would have no problem to be dropped into axis or allies, because I would know the teams are kept equal.

It is different kind of 'freedom'. If you are on allies or axis, you can still play like you want...... but with HC/AO you are limited in the game by someone else which is frustrating.

I would say having personal AO and team balance  would be 80% less frustrating than choosing your own side which is  30 vs 6 players online and on top of that, someone telling you what to do.

' This game is not intended for shorter and smaller fights '

The original game design allows this, the current HC/AO does not.

That is your opinion, but i say its essential for gameplay at this moment with the number of people online. Also people in the HC usually know what to do because they know how to check supply, fallbacks, know how certain flags move (not all flags have same behaviour) etc.  Id say 99% of the  new players dont have a clue, and to give them the opportunity to set an ao and to "f u c k up" the line so the other side gets a good hole to punch trough and win the campaign... its bad. Even worse maybe 1 player can even deliberately do stupid things to let the other side win.... no thnx ill pass on that one. The HC in place are there to support the players to have fun and get to the fights.

Again your opinion, but others dont see it that way. Also "you can still play like you want.." not really, i want to drive a tiger.. or fly a spitfire.. how is that possible if im not on that side that has that equipment... 

As a player you should figure it out that the current system in place is to direct players to meet each other and fight. Not to go anywhere you like and wonder in a town alone and dont see any action at all (booooorring).

See the current HC as people who try to organise this. If there isnt enough equipment or an enemy... then you cannot fight aka have fun.

If there is, then the HC sets a goal (an AO) so you can try to achieve that goal (aka capture a town, or -wich is not the goal of the game but many people think it is- kill as many as you can and brag about it...)  in any way you like.

If  you want to have smaller fights... then maybe you need to reset your goal. Maybe then your goal should be.. try to capture a depot within your 30 mins...  on the AO.

Or get on Defense and defend a town for 30 mins... Or set as much FMS you can on the missons that dont have one. Or resupply the tanks, get bombers to bomb the city.. etc.. etc..etc..

It just feels you are more frustrated that you are not in HC and cant set the AO, or dont like the persons wich are in the HC,  but i could be wrong ofcourse...

1 person likes this

BGE has a part of Strategic gameplay and a part of Egoshooter and Simulation gameplay and this is really nice.

I do not really like the idea to delete the strategic part of the game and this make the game much more unrelistic.

1 person likes this

' The HC in place are there to support the players to have fun and get to the fights. '

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH  EXACTLY !   You hit the spot.  But the current HC orders everyone.....  this is what HC should ONLY do, they should SUPPORT and HELP get to the fights, and not MAKE the fights.

' As a player you should figure it out that the current system in place is to direct players to meet each other and fight '

This would be ideal, but it is ordering you where to go, a proper one should only give tips to everyone what do to be most effective.

' i want to drive a tiger.. or fly a spitfire.. how is that possible if im not on that side that has that equipment '

That can happen now also.

' Not to go anywhere you like and wonder in a town alone and dont see any action at all (booooorring). '

The point is to win the war, a player capturing town helps the war effort, someone would eventualy come and defend, you say it's boring..... but this game is already slow paced, besides  no one tells you would HAVE to do that, you would do what YOU want, you want big battles only? Go to the big battles.

' See the current HC as people who try to organise this. If there isnt enough equipment '

Separate AO from HC, make HC do logistics work only and care about equipment and giving tips on map where to attack, but leave AO for the players. Make HC some kind of pool of equipment that they control and give the equipment to specific towns/airfields where they would deem most necessary so players must spawn there.

Make each town/airfield have a basic equipment pool and HC would assign the extra pool where they would see is most needed.

' It just feels you are more frustrated that you are not in HC and cant set the AO '

I don't care about HC, i only care about AO which makes you go and attack and capture - player freedom.

Edited by kemiozz

' I do not really like the idea to delete the strategic part of the game and this make the game much more unrelistic. '

Do not delete it.

Just an idea:

Separate AO from HC, make HC do logistics work only and care about equipment and giving tips on map where to attack, but leave AO for the players. Make HC some kind of pool of equipment that they control and give the equipment to specific towns/airfields where they would deem most necessary so players are advised to spawn there but they don't have to.

Make each town/airfield have a basic equipment pool and HC would assign the extra pool where they would see is most needed.

Edited by kemiozz

On ‎2017‎-‎09‎-‎01 at 9:43 AM, kemiozz said:

Hi, I've tried the trial of this game few years ago, now with steam release i want to get into it, but one thing I have instantly noticed during my free trial back in the day, is that everyone is restricted in what he can do by High Command, essentialy other players who tell them where to go and what to do, which is off putting and IMO hurts the gameplay because when I played it I had a feeling of restriction, there is the massive world and I'm locked only to few areas marked by other players.

What I'm asking of CRS is to give players more freedom so that when I enter game, I do what I want and not what someone else 'ordered' for me to do.

Thank you for your feedback!

It's a delicate line to walk..  HC Cannot tell you WHAT to do, but they can tell you where to do it.  Meaning they can give you a few options on where to attack or where to defend. But how you do it and where you do it is up to you.

There NEED to be some kind of Control, because otherwise a small squad could easily sneak and take several cities Before anyone on the defending side could react.

So if you mean that players should be able to do what they want in the terms of " Me and my friends want to go take antwerp " .. That cant happen. Its been tried, it doesnt work.

But the do and dont of HC and how HC could be improved/changed is an entirely different topic, which is not for me to discuss really :)

EDIT: Also Worth noting here, with low population ( off peak hours ) the amount of places you can go to fight is very limited, yes. But with higher population comes more Attack/defense objectives, and more freedom for the players!

2 people like this

1 hour ago, ARRADIN said:

But the do and dont of HC and how HC could be improved/changed is an entirely different topic,

Maybe changing how HC works would be the solution ?

9 minutes ago, cosian said:

Nice troll man ... we all sucked in ... :)

kemiozz.png

Lol.. was about to ask how many sorties have you done to him... 

38 minutes ago, kemiozz said:

Maybe changing how HC works would be the solution ?

Solution to what?  Giving people the freedom to go where they want to go is not an option, as per what i wrote in my previous post.

Well, the people who voluntarily work in the High Command does not give to you direct orders, that is false, or at least a wrong approach to people who are part of the HC.

I insist, the HC are people who voluntarily organizes the game and encourage players to get a goal by playing as a team. In any case they will directly order you anything or forbid you to grab X stuff.

If you say that HC orders you and do not allow you to play the game as you want, then your statement is totally wrong.

I would like to add that all the playerbase must be gratefull with the HC volunteers, Axis and Allies, both.

If you dont want to spawn in "X" AO you can spawn in any other town while there is a spawn link or brigade on it if you want. You can blow all the buildings if you want. You can spawn a DD and cross all over the channel if you want. No HC nor player will stop you.

S!

Edited by kase250
SPELLING
1 person likes this

1 hour ago, ARRADIN said:

Solution to what?  Giving people the freedom to go where they want to go is not an option, as per what i wrote in my previous post.

What if the players could set the AO's by themself ? This would require a change to how HC works I guess.

1 minute ago, kemiozz said:

What if the players could set the AO's by themself ? This would require a change to how HC works I guess.

e.g voting based system for player decided AOs have been discussed before. Requires development to implement such feature. Maybe one day. 

1 hour ago, gretnine said:

e.g voting based system for player decided AOs have been discussed before. Requires development to implement such feature. Maybe one day. 

I like this idea.

Edited by kemiozz

On 9/5/2017 at 4:56 AM, kase250 said:

First, sorry my english, I am from Spain. I dont usually argue on the forums cause my english... but the topic is interesting.

I think you are watching the game from a wrong point of view, this game is not a sandbox nor PlanetScape 2. In fact, actually, this game is unique and maybe it is not a game for you.

Like other people have said, the map is too big and we need to focus the action in some places, in the old days there was not Early Warning System (EWS) not AO's or DO's... so it was dificult for new players to find the action.

The essence of the game is that you are a small piece of the war machine, under the command of your High Command Officers, that orders you during the map. You can be a small piece or a CinC of a whole Army, its up to you. Think that you are a soldier and a soldier just obey orders, a soldier dont take decisions, the HC set an AO and you must obey. If you want to plan attacks, move flags etc. join to the HC of your side. Sure the are pleased to have a new member.

You have to capture a town, and you or your Squaddies are totally free to conduct the operation with the rest of your side and your AO OIC. Maybe you can set a Zone of Control in that Southern Hill or maybe you plan a ninja cap. You can set Fms's, reaload tanks, guns, grab a sniper or LMG and cover our tanks advancing etc. It takes time to view and use all the game potential but when you get to it, it is a very fullfilling experience, at leats for me. Like I said, maybe this is not a game for you.

For me, this game brings much more satisfaction than ARMA 3 and SQUAD and Foxhole... (games that I usually play). I have been playing since 2009 I even today feel the adrenaline trough my veins when I try to sap a sherman or try to kill Nily or Gretnine or any other allied player. Or when i hear footsteps while defending a CP, your heart starts to beat as you try to concentrate on knowing where he enter the CP.

S!

Excellent post.

On 9/5/2017 at 8:06 AM, ARRADIN said:

HC Cannot tell you WHAT to do, but they can tell you where to do it. 

Just want to chime in

There have been many times where i .m'd the HC an said hey guys, check this out on the map.. what if we did ABC here, and moved these units there.
And they looked at it, and guess what?

BOOM, AO and brigades!

I have had GHC hold off on cancelling an AO simply because i said, i'm 90% capped on spawnable.
And they let it run to give it a chance, it may have failed to pan out, but they gave the chance anyways.
HC does not just order everything, in lieu of good ideas (which many are not, no shame in not having a good idea) they will do their best to come up with them for you.
If you have one, they will do their best to make it happen if possible.

It isnt always possible, sometimes they have to balance out fun VS better idea.
If the majority appears to be having fun even though the attack is not such a good idea, they are going to let the fun run for a while, they are supposed to.
Fun is more important than just flat out winning

A lot of times when people pop in side chat and start going off saying HC OMFG DONT YOU SEE WHATS GOING ON HERE BLAH BLAH GRAAWWWWWRRR!!!
The honest answer is probably
"Yes we see it, yes it is probably doomed, yes we also see there are 100 people there having the time of their lives even if it is a losing proposition and well, thats worth 1 silly old town"

And it is, the town will always be there

Edited by merlin51
1 person likes this

1 minute ago, merlin51 said:

Just want to chime in

There have been many times where i .m'd the HC an said hey guys, check this out on the map.. what if we did ABC here, and moved these units there.
And they looked at it, and guess what?

BOOM, AO and brigades!

I have had GHC hold off on cancelling an AO simply because i said, i'm 90% capped on spawnable.
And they let it run to give it a chance, it may have failed to pan out, but they gave the chance anyways.
HC does not just order everything, in lieu of good ideas (which many are not, no shame in not having a good idea) they will do their best to come up with them for you.
If you have one, they will do their best to make it happen if possible.

It isnt always possible, sometimes they have to balance out fun VS better idea.
If the majority appears to be having fun even though the attack is not such a good idea, they are going to let the fun run for a while, they are supposed to.
Fun is more important than just flat out winning

Exactly.