Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kemiozz

Idea for an open front

18 posts in this topic

AI controlled infantry that fights on front line - players would attack the AI infantry to move the front line. Infantry would also be in the middle of the front line always and would span the entire front, it would be a place of constant infantry fighting, players would  instantly 'know' they are at the front, because the AI troops would be fighting there. The AI fighting should be pretty static, so the players affect it in 99%.

f2tUAef.jpg

Once a side pushes the front into the town, a fight for the town can occur, the towns would act as a choke point for the front, the front for the attackers would not be able to move forward unless they take the town.

4MBUULr.jpg

This would work with even low player numbers, because anyone can find action across the whole front, if there are already AI fighting vs humans, I don't see why not introduce AI infantry that would fight always in a specific area vs each other.

This would 'draw' every human into the middle of the fighting, because all the fighting would be at the front, without anyone telling players where to go, anyone could go across the whole front and help the war effort, even a single rifleman.

And not to make it very hard for player infantry (the future ftp players), make the AI infantry innacurate riflemen only, so anyone even single players can help by pushing the frontline and have the AI infantry differently colored or different uniforms so everyone knows it's the AI.

Have the forward bases follow the front line (the line would have to be visible on map, like i drawn it) so players can spawn also closer to the front from anywhere.

Edited by kemiozz

Also, forgot to write, have the humans fighting on front area flashing on map like the current towns or in the general area like the planes can be seen in a zone.

Keep the HC/AO for the squads that want to attack a town behind enemy lines, so they can open up a new gap behind the front, then the front behind the lines have to supported by air drops or it will be lost, make it not so easy to do that, so it's not very common, basicaly what is now for the towns.

Edited by kemiozz

1 hour ago, sajuk said:

Pls pls no moving Ai Soilders

Sorry not really like this idea.

There is already AI defending towns, think more of them as 'moving targets' which would serve the purpose of players pushing the front line, another target like factory or buildings to attack.

It could look something like this

F7kfFCu.jpg

Groups like that or bigger across the whole front on the map, and once players eliminate a group like that,  the front would move and another group spawn further (the AI soldiers using supply possibly also?).

They would not take part in town fights, they would be for the frontline only, this makes the use of the whole map big map, and lets players go where they want.

I remember this from the old website, i wish this was in-game

World_War_II_Online%2C_new_campaign.png

And with this mechanic it could work like this.

Edited by kemiozz

Just noticed something, it is similar to DOTA, where players would go together with AI to push the opposing side back.

Going this way, make the AI soldiers only attack itself and not attack the player soldiers untill there would be no more AI soldier group facing untill a next spawn arrives, just like in DOTA.

imo this would be very fun.

Edited by kemiozz

1 hour ago, maxios said:

We do not need more AI, we need more players imo.

Yes but even with more players the whole map can never be populated.

And the point of this is to open up the front, so you can go anywhere on map and see combat, and this would allow it, you could go where many players fight, or you could go where AI is fighting without any other people, to have a direct effect on the war by yourself, i know this is not realistic, but believe me, all those ftp players would love it, it would give a sense of accomplishment to see the front move on the map and know that you did it by yourself or had a great effect on it.

Also it would be good for the new players or not so good ones, having a relief from constant dying from the hands of other players and shooting the AI soldiers.

With this you can even hop on the server by yourself and have fun if no one else is around, it would be like playing a single player version of ww2ol.

Edited by kemiozz

I understand the idea, but the coding would probably be a nightmare for the few coders CRS has, so i doubt this will ever be a priority though.

1 hour ago, maxios said:

I understand the idea, but the coding would probably be a nightmare for the few coders CRS has, so i doubt this will ever be a priority though.

I don't know how much coding wise it would take... but seeing how much different and complicated things WW2ol already do, I would guess it's pretty much doable for CRS.

I guess it only matters how many players would want something like this and if CRS want something like this.

For me personaly it would be a much bigger selling point than current system only. It would realy put 'war' back into ww2ol.

Even if I would not play at prime time and there would be a low server population, i just could go and shoot at the soldiers where I want pushing the front forward.

Edited by kemiozz

Questions like this have been asked over the years.  The old team used to say things like, "The engine is based around the only things that are able to be captured are towns and towns themselves are almost impossible to add to the game."

2 hours ago, kemiozz said:

Even if I would not play at prime time and there would be a low server population, i just could go and shoot at the soldiers where I want pushing the front forward.

My question is ... have you played the game at all?  Judging by your sorties, it appears you have not played the game.  Perhaps you should understand how the game plays prior to posting how it should be changed.

In any event, I have no interest in this idea at all.  It looks and sounds like the mechanics of a PVE style grinder.  Go shoot a bunch of AI soldiers to move the front?  Just why?   

' have you played the game at all?  Judging by your sorties, it appears you have not played the game.  Perhaps you should understand how the game plays prior to posting how it should be changed. '

Well it's true i only played the trial so I don't have a lot of experience with the game, i will get into it once it's out on steam.

' It looks and sounds like the mechanics of a PVE style grinder.  Go shoot a bunch of AI soldiers to move the front?  Just why?   '

Think of the AI soldiers just as another strategic target on the map, like the factories, the town defenses, the buildings and other destroyable targets.

Players would attack those strategic targets to push the front to win the war.

Having a front on the whole map, allows anyone to go anywhere and start combat by pushing the front without the need for other people to give out orders 24/7.Everyone would be drawn to the front, because that is where the main fighting would be, you would just look on the map where front is flashing and you could go there, or go somewhere else on the front if you would want.Just like on the screenshot.

f2tUAef.jpg

Go anywhere where you want on the front and start fighting !

Edited by kemiozz

3 minutes ago, kemiozz said:

Think of the AI soldiers just as another

Our playerbase does not generally have any love for the extremely limited and not wholly effective AI we have now.
You want them to fight more AI?

I think you should follow cosian's advice and try playing the game first, and learn the playerbase too while you are at it.

' You want them to fight more AI? '

It would be just like attacking any other ground targets.

' I think you should follow cosian's advice and try playing the game first, and learn the playerbase too while you are at it. '

I will do that, however the front issue (or lack of one) will remain the same for me.

Edited by kemiozz

With the hopes of alot of new players joining when steam launch happens, you will have a more or less open front, with perhaps 5-6 AOs to choose from.

1 person likes this

12 hours ago, maxios said:

With the hopes of alot of new players joining when steam launch happens, you will have a more or less open front, with perhaps 5-6 AOs to choose from.

This :popcorn:

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0