Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
waky

Update failing

6 posts in this topic

I just tried to log in (the old way not steam) and it started an update but it failed saying it was trying to copy backup files and they would not backup.

5 minutes ago, waky said:

I just tried to log in (the old way not steam) and it started an update but it failed saying it was trying to copy backup files and they would not backup.

I had a similar problem saying that the .readme.backup file was unable to be copied, but it did not affect the overall install.  My game still ran fine afterwards.  

When I try again it still goes to the update and tries to patch again but it is failing to backup all the playarc.ww2 files and although it says finished it still goes to the patchserver again and runs the same patch with the same result. It is the same for either server, main or training.

Edited by waky
additional text

5 hours ago, waky said:

When I try again it still goes to the update and tries to patch again but it is failing to backup all the playarc.ww2 files and although it says finished it still goes to the patchserver again and runs the same patch with the same result. It is the same for either server, main or training.

For some reason, a few people are experiencing difficultys to patch.

I suggest that you simply remove the game and completely reinstall it, will be faster for you.

40 minutes ago, waky said:

Downloaded the complete program and was able to log in OK.

Glad that you got it sorted!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0