• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Hells Gate   03/24/2019

Break through the lines, and enter Hells Gate!!! This will be the next CRS organized event.  Lead by the High command from each side.
      Free Premium Access for the event
      Date: 3/30/19 Time: 11:00 AM Server time/ 12:00pm EST/ 1600 GMT
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
odin67

Steam numbers link

45 posts in this topic

Are those numbers just the players that enter the game via the Steam portal or does it also account for the old school crazies that deploy via the original executable/playgate etc.?

Huh. Still seems low for All of the North and South American Steam released. A little disappointed. 

But I hear we're having server burps, so it may be better that we're gearing up slowly. 

Been years since I've seen 300 players on at midnight rat time CST.   Looks very promising.

note, that does not include all our regular players, 500-600 ingame now id assume

1 person likes this

Bar, I just want to let you know, that you are one of those unkillable EI's i have encountered, and that you stink. I had trouble getting hits to register and kill you earlier today

21 minutes ago, figgy273 said:

Bar, I just want to let you know, that you are one of those unkillable EI's i have encountered, and that you stink. I had trouble getting hits to register and kill you earlier today

Happens to all of us once in a great while
Happened to me once in a destroyer, i had to despawn after .reporting myself

Devs are looking for the cause

Well the game has mixed reviews on steam, plus it not being in the 'Top Sellers' list. 300-400 is a sizable chunk considering they have additional regions to roll out.

not bad for  just a partial rollout on Steam. for comparison right now on a sunday  (9.10.17) 3 multiplayer pvp games in full release with known names on Steam from the same site: 

> eve online :  1563
> arma 2 :   570
> cod II multiplayer:  457

and of course, my favourite:  Orcs Must Die! : 187

20 minutes ago, sorella said:

not bad for  just a partial rollout on Steam. for comparison right now on a sunday  (9.10.17) 3 multiplayer pvp games in full release with known names on Steam from the same site: 

Yes, but only our game gather all players in same server!! B)

1 hour ago, viruses said:

Well the game has mixed reviews on steam, plus it not being in the 'Top Sellers' list. 300-400 is a sizable chunk considering they have additional regions to roll out.

Considering there were 300 new 'releases' on Steam alone for that week, who is really surprised. Not to mention that end of August and early September has been super busy for gamers in every platform.

Not to come up with excuses about numbers but yesterday was week 1 for NFL so the NA demographic was likely torn between football and WWII Online. Heck the state fair is in town for us right now so between yardwork, football and taking the kids to the fair I hardly had any time for to play any this weekend. 

I recall an estimate of 3000 new players from which I thought was a bit of a stretch. Not sure if it was my connection to the servers or if the servers were experiencing issues but there was some lag for me. I can't imagine how the servers would handle 3000 new users plus 150 to 300 existing users. Still when I have gotten online this week the increased numbers were definately noticeable and a lot of fun.  I hope it lasts!

There would probably be thousands of new players.  Only a fraction of them would play at any given time. 

1 person likes this

The general rule is that 10-30% of an MMO population is online at any time. Of course this is affected by things such as holidays, unequal time zones, releases/promotions etc. So if a few thousand sign up you're going to have a few hundred to several hundred Steam players online.

6 hours ago, sorella said:

Arma 2 is old news. Arma 3 is the product that the entire community has moved on to. It was just on sale for $13.50 or so until September 7th and came out with an expansion recently. Yesterday evening it had 35 thousand online. It's a good title to watch because being a FPS sandbox military simulation it's a "niche" product not necessarily designed for mass appeal.

There's no doubt that numbers are up and higher than they have been in years, but we can do better.  Steam has 125 million accounts.  In theory, there's a nearly limitless source of potential players.

Edited by denw2o

It will be interesting to see with the complete roll out September 22nd (I think) if the numbers even out with moderate/no peaks or valleys. I am assuming the higher numbers during U.S. afternoon/evening hours represent the western hemisphere.  

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0