Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
odin67

Steam numbers link

45 posts in this topic

Played the game last night. It was awesome with the numbers which is where we all know it shines...

Just for comparison Warthunder has 10.000 players daily playing... CRS will have to once more offer only one premium account and remove the started account while lowering the price for a monthly sub.

17 hours ago, pbveteran said:

Just for comparison Warthunder has 10.000 players daily playing... CRS will have to once more offer only one premium account and remove the started account while lowering the price for a monthly sub.

I agree.

One sub price: $9.99 p/m

1 person likes this

On 9/11/2017 at 8:01 PM, pbveteran said:

I say remove vets that are freeloading as F2P  :popcorn:

On 9/11/2017 at 5:25 PM, sg1 said:

Can free accounts fly para planes? 

No, they can not.
But they can jump out of them

Developer: Cornered Rat Software Publisher: Cornered Rat Software 
Genre: Action, Free to Play, Indie, Massively Multiplayer, Simulation, Strategy, Early Access
Release date: Sep 5, 2017 Price: $7.99 
Score rank: 15% Userscore: 59% Old userscore: 59% Metascore: 73% 
Owners: 34,323 ± 5,444
Players in the last 2 weeks: 29,355 ± 5,034 (85.53%)
Players total: 29,355 ± 5,034 (85.53%)

steamspy #s 20.09.17  11pm est.  > something popped in the last week or so - steamspy owners up 50k.  maybe steam dl's?  total players 1k+

Developer: Cornered Rat Software Publisher: Cornered Rat Software 
Genre: Action, Free to Play, Indie, Massively Multiplayer, Simulation, Strategy, Early Access
Release date: Sep 5, 2017 Price: $7.99 
Score rank: 15% Userscore: 58% Old userscore: 58% Metascore: 73% 
Owners: 85,270 ± 8,542
Players in the last 2 weeks: 28,647 ± 4,951 (33.6%)
Players total: 30,661 ± 5,122 (35.96%)

Edited by desaix1

On 19-9-2017 at 4:41 AM, merlin51 said:

No, they can not.
But they can jump out of them

Should allow them paraplanes and all para units. If you want a lmg better bring it PUBG style :P

Wait!, look at the hourly chart!

prior to world release high peaks would then tank in TZ3 down to very low
TZ3 starting to smooth out, 160 180 seam users on during TZ3

That is awesome

15 hours ago, monsjoex said:

Should allow them paraplanes

It was explained to me that since some of the para planes have guns, it makes them an offensive unit and hence they were not allowed.
I can not validate the truthfulness of it because i heard it second hand.
But i did hear 1st hand that was why the 251 was not allowed for f2p use.

143,000 people have now touched this game, which is damn impressive and probably near the highest amount since initial launch. 

I just sure hope the decision to keep a high monthly subscription  still outweighs what a special "early access" up front fee of $5-10 would have brought in., even if it halved the above number of purchases.     Im not being sarcastic either, i seriously hope it does outweigh it because it means success.   I gotta say though, for trying to redevelop a game having a massive initial injection would have gone a long way imo.  

12 minutes ago, sandman said:

143,000 people have now touched this game, which is damn impressive and probably near the highest amount since initial launch. 

I just sure hope the decision to keep a high monthly subscription  still outweighs what a special "early access" up front fee of $5-10 would have brought in., even if it halved the above number of purchases.     Im not being sarcastic either, i seriously hope it does outweigh it because it means success.   I gotta say though, for trying to redevelop a game having a massive initial injection would have gone a long way imo.  

If the numbers work, im sure the sub cost would go down.

But you have to realize going the other way is a gamble that would have no fallback, no safety net.
There is no publisher or other outside funding here, just Us the player base, and a lot of guys that donate their time to development and dont get paid anything and still pay for their subs, and a lot of players that kick in what they can during fund raisers etc.

Lets say you dropped premium sub to 9 bucks and starters to 4 bucks, banking on steam to generate a lot of subs.
Now lets say the numbers dont pan out and your running red ink suddenly.

Now you have to backpedal and announce you are substantially raising subscription prices to cover costs.
that does not generally fly well and you get a lot of people leaving, and then you are screwed whichever way you turn, and the bankruptcy lawyers come in
and its lights out everyone, time to go home.
Game over and thanks for playing.

The point of "early access" is to show off a new game to the public and to have those interested pay a single up front fee to have that early access and give the developer the support it needs to create its vision.   Then when the game launches at full price those already paid up can be asked to "upgrade" or have the game no charge just like a kickstarter.

The subscription model may be the only thing barely keeping this game alive, but it is also the thing that is going to prevent it from growing substantially.   There also may not be a publisher or dedicated salary employees and simply just volunteer players, but at some point people have to make a decision to either go all in or call it a day if meaningful progress is wanted.    This game has been around for 17 years with very very little in the way of meaningful improvements.  Who is that fair to?  

So the questions are, if this game had never gotten on Steam what kind of future did it have?    If it fails on steam what kind of future does it have?      Putting all that effort and time in getting the game onto Steam was great work, but to me it really feels like that whole time the big goal was JUST to get it on Steam the keep it going for a little while longer and not what comes after it.   This is now a 17 year old game that was able to get Early Access status on steam, yet has absolutely NOTHING to promote its future for a player base seeing its existence for the first time.    While at the same time asking for people to pay MONTHLY, I mean i seriously cannot even believe this is still a thing.   It doesn't matter if you drop the "premium to $9", there should be NO subscriptions at all.  This game cannot compete on any single level on the market today except for one, being massively open world.   ...anyway im about to sidetrack to another rant which does nothing.  

The point is, this subscription model is crippling the game more than the graphics/UI/controls/bugs...etc.    People generally know what they are getting into with Early Access when they choose to buy in.   If the game is terrible some of them will refund it and a another portion will hold if there is promise in the game but will wait until they see improvements.    Instead what we have here is an old game promoting itself as a new game without any kind of incentive to stick around for most people.  For those that do find promise in the game they are confronted by a massive never ending subscription wall.  So the end result of all of this will simply be the same old playerbase with perhaps a few new longterm additions.     Man this game frustrates the hell out of me, even after all of these years I want so much from it yet it simply will not step forward.

On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 10:52 PM, lipton said:

Huh. Still seems low for All of the North and South American Steam released. A little disappointed. 

But I hear we're having server burps, so it may be better that we're gearing up slowly. 

That's just the server pharting. Its blowing you a kiss.

I would love to see some historical stats on how many are joining each side. Lets say a week ago. So we are 7 days behind on the info.

That way you cant use the info for current missions.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0