• Announcements

• PITTPETE

NEW Career Subscriptions now available   06/08/2019

The all new highly anticipated / requested "Career Based Subscriptions" are available through www.WWIIONLINE.com/account only, starting at $9.99! There are three new subscriptions being added; 1) All Infantry at $9.99/mo, 2) All Air Forces at $9.99/mo, 3) All Ground Forces (Army Persona) at $12.99/mo. Continue reading to learn more and get back into the fight now! View the full article on battlegroundeurope.com
    • CHIMM

18th Anniversary Event Awards!   06/23/2019

This year we are giving out trophies and awards for the top players during the "Kill a RAT" event! We need the following players to contact @CHIMM at chimm@corneredrats.com with your physical address to mail these out.   @mook2  @dasei88  @c00per  @kardehk  @chau90  @kdped02  @Simcha  @pulfer  @bus0    
thepro1

How do you login to your account in Steam ?

12 posts in this topic

Hi,

I activated the Welcome Back program. How do you login to your account in Steam ? All I get is the option to create a new callsign.

Steam requires a separate account.

If you are a old player/prior player you simply need d/l the game and launch playgate and put in your old username/password and you should be good to go for the WB promo

If you have an older account, you log in the same way you used to.

I see it as a mark of being :) a vet 

Edited by denw2o

You can add WWII Online to Steam as a "non-Steam" game as well. That will allow you to access a lot of the Steam functions and still take advantage of the WBS.

Apparently you can't access your account through Steam, because it always says "Since this is your first time playing WW2OL you have to create a username." Then when you put in your username, it tells you that it's already taken. Brilliant.

If you d/l the game via steam then yes it is then a steam acct game and a new wwiiol acct required.

As dagger noted, current "organic" accounts (organic means non steam) then steam has the option to add non steam games.

17 minutes ago, sl33zy said:

It still kicks back to desktop in the loading phase, but runs in offline

He is affected by the crash bug :(

If you are a returning player just download the client and install it on your system and log in the old school way.

BTW. Are all new players forced to go through Steam? I though you could still register and account through the WWIIOL website and completely bypass Steam. Or does Steam have some strange exclusivity rules?

14 hours ago, aismov said:

If you are a returning player just download the client and install it on your system and log in the old school way.

BTW. Are all new players forced to go through Steam? I though you could still register and account through the WWIIOL website and completely bypass Steam. Or does Steam have some strange exclusivity rules?

No you can still do both ways. It are just two independent billing portals. Using organic account helps CRS better, however

2 people like this

20 hours ago, sl33zy said:

It still kicks back to desktop in the loading phase, but runs in offline

If you haven't seen, here's the fix: