• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Attention Soldiers Operation Fury Needs you!   02/20/2020

Attention All Soldiers, Operation Fury needs you.  You need to choose a side and sign up.  
      For more intel on Operation Fury Please click HERE Please go to Special Event Forum (here), And sign up for allied or axis.
      This will be a CRS Lead event on both sides.  Xoom will be heading up the axis side and Heavy265 will be heading up the Allied side. This will be for bragging rights.
      Why are we asking players to sign up you ask. We are trying for a role play experience.   We want this to be a true realistic event.  
      So get up and sign up and let's make this the best event ever!!!!!!!!!!
      Give me your war cry, grrrrrrrrrrrrr
      Heavy265 **out**
david01

World War 2 Online's Steam Reception

95 posts in this topic

NO LUCK! :(

Does anyone have Saitek X52 Pro and willing to send me their CFML fliles?  I cannot program the joystick to use both joystick and keyboard at the same time while tanking and flying.  I used to do it 4 years ago but I guess the game improvements have screwed up the ability to program the joystick logically.  Many thanks in advance! S!

12 minutes ago, mcafeed said:

Does anyone have Saitek X52 Pro and willing to send me their CFML fliles?  I cannot program the joystick to use both joystick and keyboard at the same time while tanking and flying.  I used to do it 4 years ago but I guess the game improvements have screwed up the ability to program the joystick logically.  Many thanks in advance! S!

I have an X45 and it is similar enough
Also on wiki.wwiionline.com i wrote an advanced keymapper tutorial that will help you do it
https://wiki.wwiionline.com/view/Key_Mapper

I cant send you mine till tomorrow late is that ok?
I have no electric at home, id have to bring laptop in here at work to get them.

The game still lets you keymap in game though, if you give a run down of what your trying to do and how your trying to do it, i can maybe help there also

1 person likes this

I've been on steam since 2004. In the years it has grown a lot has happened. Steam has million of players - most of them young and energetic, looking for fast paced action shooters. I understand this. This game fits in a very niche spectrum of WWII/MMO FPS. I have no doubt that now this game has made it to steam, it will have a sharp increase in players. The problem is getting to stick around. Kids are flakie, and they get bored easily. 

Getting them to stick around is tough and it wont be easy. However, if vet players are willing to show them the ropes and are friendly, it will make a world of difference.   

Also - one of the BIGGEST ways to get people to play this game is if it has a positive review on steam. I went on an wrote a review almost as soon as I could. If anyone that has Steam gets on there and writes a positive review it will certainly help the player base grow!

2 people like this

I've tried to talk to a bunch of people over the last few weeks, running basic training missions and what have you. Most of them don't reply at all. I've tried PMs with them, still no reply. I've had ONE real success, with ONE guy who got up to snuff real quick, doing formation take off and climb, combat spread, tac turns, basic evasives, elevator trim routine, joystick setup and more. He wen't from rank newbie to decent wingman in a couple of hours. I'm pretty sure he'll stick around - but that's one HELL of an effort to retain ONE customer.

2 people like this

21 hours ago, mcafeed said:

I have a Saitek X52Pro as well, and all I ever did was download and install the drivers. Aside from some custom keymapping for stuff it just worked.

Have you:

*Installed the drivers for the JS as admin?

*Hit the "Detect Controllers" button in the game's UI?

*Installed WWIIOL as admin?

PM me if you still need .CFML files

1 hour ago, bmbm said:

I've tried to talk to a bunch of people over the last few weeks, running basic training missions and what have you. Most of them don't reply at all. I've tried PMs with them, still no reply. I've had ONE real success, with ONE guy who got up to snuff real quick, doing formation take off and climb, combat spread, tac turns, basic evasives, elevator trim routine, joystick setup and more. He wen't from rank newbie to decent wingman in a couple of hours. I'm pretty sure he'll stick around - but that's one HELL of an effort to retain ONE customer.

Worth it!

:)

To the OP:

You made an excellent case for why WWIIOL will not attract the mass Steam market.

It was a pleasure to read, as were the rest of the posts that followed. I'm truly happy to see such discussion. This community is truly awesome.

We don't NEED no stinking mass Steam market share. A small share of that market's paying players alone would give the current team an awful lot to work with as a start; after a new engine and UI makeover, If it looks anything like BF1 afterward but retains its unique style of gameplay, (minus the not being able to jump, go through a window, etc.,) it would be absolutely amazing.

THEN the concept would really come to life.

I'm still in, because there is just no other game that provides a truly massive world to play around in. Also, even with the bugs, the air game is still a lot of fun for me. We had a couple of newer players in the Discord channel and they were all remarking on the flight physics and how awesome they are. They were getting kills, too. Good pilots. 

I'd love to see a lower sub price offered, as well as the aforementioned tutorial suggestions regarding AO/DO, objectives and map marking/reading. Hell, I've been playing since day 1 off and on, and I still can never be too sure about distance on the minimap or full sized one sometimes.

The current team has gotten an awful lot done in the past year. The second I took off in a newly corrected 109 Hatch fixed, I knew things were going in the right direction. Audits following are looking pretty amazing. 

Those will indeed improve things short term at least.

Things are looking up for the first time since the old team vacated the premises over the last couple years, and I'm excited.

2 hours ago, bmbm said:

I've tried to talk to a bunch of people over the last few weeks, running basic training missions and what have you. Most of them don't reply at all.

That is simply the state of gamers now days i think.
Not just here, you see the same thing in WT or WOT, even in WOW on a LFR raid of all things.
The ones who will stay will come around and realize damn i need communicate with these people, im getting my arse handed to me

Had a greentag ask me for help last night.  He ended up following me around and I would call out targets for him to shoot at.  If they got too close I shot them.  He was having a great time. 

3 people like this

38 minutes ago, dale said:

Had a greentag ask me for help last night.  He ended up following me around and I would call out targets for him to shoot at.  If they got too close I shot them.  He was having a great time. 

thx for doing that. I've noticed that's how it works best so far, hang out with 1 or 2 greentags at a time and talk a lot, shoot a lot. 

23 hours ago, mcafeed said:

I heard Saitek X52s only work if you play Axis. It's one of the changes they made in your absence. :)

On 9/14/2017 at 10:15 PM, saronin said:

I heard Saitek X52s only work if you play Axis. It's one of the changes they made in your absence. :)

LOL Yes, it's true... If you try to fly a Spit with an X52Pro you bleed e faster and can't zoom up behind a climbing 109 F4 and chop its tail off.

Conversely, if you fly a 190 with it, you can turn tighter than a Spit.

For those here that are posting on Steam:

1. downvotes don't delete the negative review

2. players can and do change their reviews, so don't [censored] on them for rating the game negative. Let them come back later

jkzujh.PNG

Just all come up with some talking points about the positive aspects of the game, because rambling at some random kid isn't good PR. The discussion area has posters saying that Steam users are too cheap and stupid to play this game.

Graphics = System Resources which mean smaller battles and maps, this is why COD can only host 64 players in a tiny box map

12 hours ago, david01 said:

Just all come up with some talking points about the positive aspects of the game, because rambling at some random kid isn't good PR. The discussion area has posters saying that Steam users are too cheap and stupid to play this game.

Most of them are.  Heck, I'm usually right there with on them demanding a certain level of entertainment value.  

This game is the exception how I typically judge games, because there's a special kind of magic that this game occasionally produces. 

I've been wanting to write a positive review on Steam, but I can't seem to find the right words that do this game justice.  The most accurate phrase I can come up with is "a special kind of magic" lol, but that isn't exactly a solid talking point.  

3 hours ago, blkhwk8 said:

Graphics = System Resources which mean smaller battles and maps, this is why COD can only host 64 players in a tiny box map

There are some shoebox engines that can do 64VS64 for a total of 128 (seems to be the max magic number for any game)
The thing is that 128 is it fini the end, and you are confined to the map the server has loaded. and the performance seems to go to dog doodoo at the max, so a lot of times you will see those games downscaled to a lesser number.

But
There are no 200 guys just beyond the 128 you are viewing, there is no 60 man panzer column 3 towns over, there is no air battle of 75 planes 22km to the SW, there is no river patrol of 19 FMB's to the north in the same exact map you are standing in on the same exact server in the same exact instance.
There is just E1M1.wad 

The steam reviews are unfavorable. I know as I "monitor" their reviews and write them too. Mostly because of the full price pricing plan being to high for a 17 year old game written in 15 year old game code. I don't know the exact percentage of unfavorable to positive reviews off hand, I have to pull it from my records, but it's not good. It isn't "61 percent positive" either. This game is competing with Red Orchestra I on Steam for players. I write reviews for products and technological gadgets and at times games. I write reviews for Steam (under my pen name) and some publications on imdb and for Amazon products to name a few. Paltalk too (I'm an ex-administrator/monitor) and a few podcasts and radio spots. I did a favorable one for ROI on Steam. I’m do to write one for this game, when I get a chance, and able to get back on the game again...if I'm able to get back on the game again haha.

Right now my write up isn't looking to favorable nor my recommendation of this game. I'm leaning towards writing about the side imbalances where one side will lose because most of the player base is playing the other side, players complaining about people who play both sides even though they pay for the game and have that right to play both sides (side loyalty obsession), newbie green players acting like morons, HQ ignoring players advice with players communicating how HQ is ignoring their requests, moderators getting overly sensitive if users take a little bit more of an "advantage" of the game to balance it out as most games do, and what I'm picking up of a group of developers and monitors on authority trips considering this a 17 year old game, and an incomplete game being the Americans were never finished in development even after five years. I'm testing the game out again after being away for five years for that and for my own personal interest again in the game. I was on the fence about staying on subscription to play when off or have time, but I could careless if I stay or not. The game has a few good points too...the capture the flag gameplay has always been unique to this game and tank war fare is pretty decent. Sniping is fun, and sound effects are good. 

Outside of that I don't have any real care or interest about which side wins, no interest in making friends or joining a squad, could care less about HQ, not a side loyalist, nor into kissing the developers behinds, or who likes or hates what about who in this game. I only care about the entertainment value and hours it has on me and in general for the price and what fun I get out it for me and me alone. And what type of review I plan on writing and/or recommendation. Nothing else. 

Edited by trimarchi

49 minutes ago, trimarchi said:

This game is competing with Red Orchestra I on Steam for players.

Be interested to know why you think this and what the comparisons are. 

8h4py3f.pngdv9o9ab.png

Not sure if that is accurate. This also isn't including players playing off steam. 

Edited by bmw2

Both games were developed around the same time (give/take three or so years). Although WWIIOL had a rocky post-beta release (it was a disaster and the write-ups nailed them on that) in 2001. ROI came out of the game winning awards. The game play is similar although slightly different. Both have dedicated fan bases. Different meaning how their servers and maps are conducted and individual maps are spread out over different servers. Where WWIIOL is one big map. ROI is WWII themed game based between 1940-1943 but focused on the Eastern Front campaign. WWIIOL Is an adult theme game based on the European Front from 1939-1942. Both games try to be historically accurate and centered. ROI seems to have more of an actual adult user base.  What I mean is the new players don’t stand in front you shooting you and throwing grenades and clipping (personally I don’t care what they do, but it’s not favorable to a game if the new players are coming off as thirteen year old XBOX gamers).  

I played ROI mostly just to review it for my write up piece about it and of course interest. Let’s look at this from statistics. 400 estimated reviews at 85 percent positive rating for Steam only. WWIIOL has only a 43 percent approval rating at 520 reviews (estimated). That is not good stats.

ROI has a more faster but still natural/realistic pace, and my experience with their development team was positive and laid back. I learned even when originally playing THIS game you’re expected to have a low kill to death ratio. Meaning if you’re smart…and get a lot of kills…you might be looked upon as “suspicious behavior” because you haven’t died six times with every three kills. ROI no one cares about that or stats. ROI is open to non-systematic game play and advantage devices if game is unbalance or players want a harder or easier challenge…WWIOL Is not and makes a big issued if you use one or it. ROI uses their development engine to modify different games from the same source and allows game users to join in the modification. WWIIOL does not. Example being "Aufmarsch: The Great War 1914-1918:" https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=636682012

ROI is more of as long as the players are having fun with ROI…WWIOL I learned there’s too much monitoring and over sensibility. With ROI I feel I can do what I want within reason. WWIIOL I feel too much monitor and ghost watching (I use to be an admin and monitor on a program called Paltalk...it's when admins or system monitors watch from invisible mode for any stupid or silly thing to call upon) 

Graphics are 2007 with a 2012 update with ROI. Anyhow the reason WWIIOL is competing with ROI is because they’re both WWII themed, themed around early WWII, have similar game development and mechanics, and have many of the same features (with each having some the other doesn’t). As to if the two games are competing with each other…yes they both are. The reviewers stated this, the “write ups”, and those I know who admitted to it. ROI is winning right now. It doesn't mean ROI is winning in general...just they're winning right now. WWIIOL Steam complaints are mostly their ridiculous high cost for a full inventory subscription and side balance issues. 

This shows the trailer of ROI: http://store.steampowered.com/app/1200/Red_Orchestra_Ostfront_4145/

I played WWIOL on/off since 2009, I wrote reviews about it in the past, and due to write one for Steam and something else. I had a  1940's radio station demo this game a few years back and they liked it. The capture the flag theme, the one large map, air war fair and snipping are positive. Squads are good, and it seems with this game you can spend three hours doing one thing (which is good) and get caught up in it. I wont say if one game is better than the other, that's a personal taste...but both have their pros/cons. I'm not loyal to anything...only what I can get out of it for me, and what there is to write up or review about it to others.

Edited by trimarchi

Yes, however ROI has a different map and server construction. 

User rating wise...there's a huge difference:

WWIIOL: 523 reviews with only 46 percent positive
ROI: 799 Reviews with 88 percent being positive.

WWIIOL might have more users and "average gain" but how many are simply green players (new players) that are trying out the game, and may or may not return meaning a higher turnover rate. Subscription prices being the main factor along with some graphic issues and development team handling of game. I agree the subscription rate for full game is way too high for a 2001/2006-revamped game, graphics are dated but so are most games of that area and that can be updated with time.

Also my experience and/or observations with the development teams on both games have been different (ROI awesome. WWIIOL...no comment).

Edited by trimarchi

13 minutes ago, trimarchi said:

Both games were developed around the same time (give/take three or so years). Although WWIIOL had a rocky post-beta release (it was a disaster and the write-ups nailed them on that) in 2001. ROI came out of the game winning awards. The game play is similar although slightly different. Both have dedicated fan bases. Different meaning how their servers and maps are conducted and individual maps are spread out over different servers. Where WWIIOL is one big map. ROI is WWII themed game based between 1940-1943 but focused on the Eastern Front campaign. WWIIOL Is an adult theme game based on the European Front from 1939-1942. Both games try to be historically accurate and centered. ROI seems to have more of an actual adult user base.  What I mean is the new players don’t stand in front you shooting you and throwing grenades and clipping (personally I don’t care what they do, but it’s not favorable to a game if the new players are coming off as thirteen year old XBOX gamers).  

I played ROI mostly just to review it for my write up piece about it and of course interest. Let’s look at this from statistics. 440400 estimated reviews at 85 percent positive rating for Steam only. WWIIOL has only a 43 percent approval rating at 520 reviews (estimated). That is not good stats.

ROI has a more faster but still natural/realistic pace, and my experience with their development team was positive and laid back. I learned even when originally playing THIS game you’re expected to have a low kill to death ratio. Meaning if you’re smart…and get a lot of kills…you might be looked upon as “suspicious behavior” because you haven’t died six times with every three kills. ROI no one cares about that or stats. ROI is open to non-systematic game play and advantage devices if game is unbalance or players want a harder or easier challenge…WWIOL Is not and makes a big issued if you use one or it. ROI uses their development engine to modify different games from the same source and allows game users to join in the modification. WWIIOL does not. Example being "Aufmarsch: The Great War 1914-1918:" https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=636682012

ROI is more of as long as the players are having fun with ROI…WWIOL I learned there’s too much monitoring and over sensibility. With ROI I feel I can do what I want within reason. WWIIOL I feel too much monitor and ghost watching (I use to be an admin and monitor on a program called Paltalk...it's when admins or system monitors watch from invisible mode for any stupid or silly thing to call upon) 

Graphics are 2007 with a 2012 update with ROI. Anyhow the reason WWIIOL is competing with ROI is because they’re both WWII themed, themed around early WWII, have similar game development and mechanics, and have many of the same features (with each having some the other doesn’t). As to if the two games are competing with each other…yes they both are. The reviewers stated this, the “write ups”, and those I know who admitted to it. ROI is winning right now. It doesn't mean ROI is winning in general...just they're winning right now. WWIIOL Steam complaints are mostly their ridiculous high cost for a full inventory subscription and side balance issues. 

This shows the trailer of ROI: http://store.steampowered.com/app/1200/Red_Orchestra_Ostfront_4145/

I played WWIOL on/off since 2009, I wrote reviews about it in the past, and due to write one for Steam and something else. I had a  1940's radio station demo this game a few years back and they liked it. The capture the flag theme, the one large map, air war fair and snipping are positive. Squads are good, and it seems with this game you can spend three hours doing one thing (which is good) and get caught up in it. I wont say if one game is better than the other, that's a personal taste...but both have their pros/cons. I'm not loyal to anything...only what I can get out of it for me, and what there is to write up or review about it to others.

A lot of what you say is true, and the fact that I can’t comment on it entirely pretty much reinforces the whole over moderated thing, In fact commenting on moderation can have your post deleted...

A lot of people have very strong feelings about how the game should be played because they’ve been playing it for years and they argue about it like family because in a way They sort of are, a dysfunctional family and they argue like one.

There are a lot of different ways to enjoy playing this game, I play every day And average at least 40 hours a week part of the reason for that Is that it’s difficult it offers many many challenges and I think that’s part of its charm there is a lot to learn and I don’t think that’s going to appeal to a lot of players and I don’t think we really want to find a solution to that. 

A lot of the negatives you mention would be something that would be completely lost on a new player anyway I mean I’ve been playing since the game started and I was largely oblivious to high command until I joined it because It didn’t really have much in the way of any bearing on the game I was playing Or rather the way I was playing it so I can’t imagine it would be that big of a deal for a new player.

There are always really two games being played at the same time the strategic capture the flag game and the down and dirty tactical Kill em all game They overlap and Have a Simpatico existence but you can play one or the other and be oblivious to it if you want

I don't think your taking into consideration the comparisons between the development team's size on both games, and the amount of resources and budget allocated for both. I don't know the exact figures but Tripwire vs. CRS .....yeah, I think we all know who wins that one.  I'm also very familiar with the RO games, I have about 300 hours off steam on the game, and about 480 for RO2/RS on steam. I also play RS2 - so i'm a pretty big fan of the franchise. Most of your points on RO are accurate. However, these to games are VERY different. Both in terms of development and game play.

The sub hurts this game, but until something is figured out that the way it has to be, and the way its always been. This is a very unique game, its challenging, its rewarding and its FUN. This game has its hiccups, its always had - even after years of breaks I always find myself back here. Finding new players, and keeping them is tough - we all know, But honestly this game is more alive now than its been in years, despite the negative reviews. We all have our complains and opinions about new guys, and about the way the game should be organized. Write your review, many things you say here are true but...

Image result for that's just like your opinion man gif

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, trimarchi said:

The steam reviews are unfavorable. I know as I "monitor" their reviews and write them too. Mostly because of the full price pricing plan being to high for a 17 year old game written in 15 year old game code. I don't know the exact percentage of unfavorable to positive reviews off hand, I have to pull it from my records, but it's not good. It isn't "61 percent positive" either.

I'm testing the game out again after being away for five years for that and for my own personal interest again in the game. I was on the fence about staying on subscription to play when off or have time, but I could careless if I stay or not. The game has a few good points too...the capture the flag gameplay has always been unique to this game and tank war fare is pretty decent. Sniping is fun, and sound effects are good. 

Outside of that I don't have any real care or interest about which side wins, no interest in making friends or joining a squad, could care less about HQ, not a side loyalist, nor into kissing the developers behinds, or who likes or hates what about who in this game. I only care about the entertainment value and hours it has on me and in general for the price and what fun I get out it for me and me alone. And what type of review I plan on writing and/or recommendation. Nothing else. 

Yes the reviews were "mixed" when the thread first started but they are quite bad right now.

You mentioned entertainment value and hours and that's ultimately what keeps me from subscribing. The game goes in to a coma for hours, days, or even sometimes weeks at a time. For instance earlier last week was the ending phase of the game where one side gets rolled and it's usually not very exciting. I logged on later in the week (I think Friday) and it was intermission and so it wasn't very exciting. The new map started on Sunday or whenever, the allies logged off and somehow Antwerp was captured on the first day. So this campaign there wasn't even a day of good fighting before one side got laid out, and it's not very exciting. We're already in an ending phase until the next campaign begins. Barring some miracle comeback I'll have to wait for the start of the next campaign. If I were paying a sub then I wouldn't even be getting decent campaign to play for half the time. It's worse for some people in squads, or people that can only play on the weekends or certain days.

Then on the micro level you have forced 10-30 minute lulls in the combat. Want another AO? Wait 10 minutes at least. Capture a town? Nothing to do but despawn because you can't push on to the next town. Play TZ3? Enjoy your 1-AO shoebox. Map is boring and you want to get a fight going? Sorry you need to bring several tanks and AT guns or you'll get heckcamped by tanks. FMS gets camped? GG better delete it and go fight somewhere else. I would have more confidence if this was just an error but the game is deliberately designed to suppress fighting. So the entertainment value for the time spent is often very low.

I believe they’re different yet also the same. Same in some ways, different in others. And that’s what makes them competitive games.  Tripwire in my opinion (to date anyhow) beats out CRS. I know others that will agree. ROI and ROII are good games. Keep in mind we’re only talking about steam here…not even talking about the non-steam base. Game balance, etc.

Here’s the thing about negative and positive reviews. They mean something, but really nothing…unless it’s published and how you target your opinion piece. Here, there, forums, articles, videos, anything in media these days. You see…opinions can be just an opinion…but an opinion as to where and how it’s published and the audience it’s published too can go beyond an opinion and be influencing. Remember Ebert and Siskel? They did reviews on movies (both now deceased). It was simply their own opinions on if a movie was good, decent, bad and why. One may or may not agree with it…however their opinion was an influence to those deciding to watch or not watch. So were those that counter rebuttled it. The point is simply…never dismiss someone’s opinion. Even bad publicity is still publicity. UCLA, Journalism M02 ;-).

Anyhow...the goal and key is replay value and fun. In the end that's all that matters...everyone plays the game how they want to play the game and it should be like that.  In the end it's just a game...so have fun with it....even if fun is meaning not giving a care about anyone or anything else in the game and just playing to rifle snipe 15 opposing team members from a building not caring about sides, battles, team work, HQ, who wins what and where, other players, et al (whether done with "advantages" or without "advantages") before dying yourself (in other words how I play...or played).

By the way, your opinions are good and taken with thought and review.

David,

I mentioned this as I noticed this too. I mentioned in my earlier reply and to “others” in passing in email. The balance of this game has major issues right now. One side gets rolled because most of the user base is on the other side. Large group decides to play Axis…they win the map. They go back to allied…they win. New players I'm guessing (I could be wrong) might not be keen to signing up and paying to play a game where the only side that wins is the side in which a large group of players will decide to play that campaign. I say this without prejudice because I play both sides so I have no loyalty to one side even in a single campaign which means no pre-biased or bias or reason to complain about winning/losing (yep, I’m a side switcher, I play whatever side I feel like playing when logging usually that which will advantage both me in play value/fun, and the under populated side…Id say its about 50/50 on which side I’ll play on log in).

I know some players hate hearing that and oh well to them (if you’re one of them, don’t take it personal…everyone plays it to how its fun for them…your opinions are awesome and I'm noting on them). I could care less about which side wins a map or gain or loses a town or whatever. I may play to help win the battle, but I could care less who wins the war. lol I can help the Axis win one town, then an hour later being playing Allied to help them win it back especially if that side is underpopulated and vise versa. I mostly if almost always play to try to come close, equal, and overcome my personal kill count with each sortie and maybe help win that battle I’m in…that’s usually about it.

But I still understand those who lock into one side for a campaign or for whatever reason have that "I only play Axis/Allies" stance feeling the only time they might win a map is if the players decide to play that side (lack of side balance). HQ I guess also has a play in winning or losing.

I recently return to the game to try it again to see how it is, to review it, and to see if I should stay or note as if it can be a decent “relax value” for me again.

I’ve noticed too that during some hours, the map was about dead. It’s as if no one was on or not enough for any game play. TZ3.

You said "the game is deliberately designed to suppress fighting.”

I agree with that. I’m feeling like for not dying too...ie the game and those who “run” it want players to have a less than 1.00 kill to death ratio with each sortie or in general. Feel more like almost knowing from experience and the grapevine. Why I haven no problem taking “advantages” if need be to balance out and make the game more fun for me.

David, I'd say have fun with the game...even if means trying to be out your own personal kill ratio or playing whatever side has the best play value when signing in. 

Anyhow most of the recent (within the last month) reviews seem to be thumbs down. 

Thanks for your reply, it was good to read.