nozlen

Released on Steam during final tier?

32 posts in this topic

Dumb, plain and simple.

Who gives two craps who wins a map if the overall game gets a boost in possible new members, but to make new members use tier1 equipment against vets in top tier equipment proves that CRS will never learn from idiotic decisions.

For those who say the new players can gain rank, yes gain rank against vets in top tier equipment, while using cannon fodder.

SMH...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's a valid point. 

On the flip side the people joining would have never seen the iconic equipment like Tigers and Shermans. 

I doubt VERY few Steam players would know what an S-35 is, or an R-35 is.  

I dont think that tier0 equipment would have remotely the player retention. Just my opinion, but I think that the new players see the higher tiered stuff, the stuff they know, they would wanna rank up to use it more. 

Edited by Mosizlak
4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nozlen said:

Dumb, plain and simple.

Who gives two craps who wins a map if the overall game gets a boost in possible new members, but to make new members use tier1 equipment against vets in top tier equipment proves that CRS will never learn from idiotic decisions.

For those who say the new players can gain rank, yes gain rank against vets in top tier equipment, while using cannon fodder.

SMH...

I don't care about this map results. Who win or loses would not matter at all atm. So I would have been ok if they had decided to reset the map. BUT I see no other option than starting it in Tier 3 anyway.

If you think it is remotely appealing to use a Tier 0 stuff, well it is your opinion but.... You are wrong. :-)

Regarding vets smashing greentags: it would be EXACTLY the same in Tier 0, because it's a matter of "know how" (to play, to camp, to exploit the advantages...), not of equipment.

S!

 

Edited by erasmo
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the game had started in t0 the green tags would still get the same treatment, in t0 they would get what the p2 vicky 38t r35 vs stugs and s35s, Chars and the Matty, not a very welcoming feeling either, besides Erasmo and Mos are correct t2 and 3 is where the equipment starts to have pull as its what people know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry.. While some may thought a reset should have been done, CRS would have received a rash of crap if they had reset one of the best maps that have been played in years. 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tier 0 would be a terrible choice, it would end up no different.   The overwhelming majority of new players play normal Infantry, and based on the feedback we have from new players so far, i have not Heard a SINGLE one complain about facing better Equipment ( Because , lets realise it, most people have no clue what tanks are better than X yet )

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, ARRADIN said:

Tier 0 would be a terrible choice, it would end up no different.   The overwhelming majority of new players play normal Infantry, and based on the feedback we have from new players so far, i have not Heard a SINGLE one complain about facing better Equipment ( Because , lets realise it, most people have no clue what tanks are better than X yet )

Completely disagree. Right now green tags can not, spawn a atg that can easily destroy a tank, or spawn a tank that is not useless, so basically a top tier tank shows up greentags just have to look at it.

You have not heard a "SINGLE" complaint? Really, I have heard numerous and heck even on Steam some of the negative responses mention this very fact. 

If you wanted to show off just another 1944 style game I think you miss one the reasons why WW2OL is cool, and that is because it starts at a different time frame then the normal 1944 rinse/repeat game. I have heard numerous people ask if Italy was in game or how to get to the server with the older equipment (yeah i know).

It would have been better to have showed the progression through Teirs rather then...ok this is top tier enjoy being cannon fodder.

 

 

Edited by nozlen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, nozlen said:

Completely disagree. Right now green tags can not, spawn a atg that can easily destroy a tank, or spawn a tank that is not useless, so basically a top tier tank shows up greentags just have to look at it.

You have not heard a "SINGLE" complaint? Really, I have heard numerous and heck even on Steam some of the negative responses mention this very fact. 

If you wanted to show off just another 1944 style game I think you miss one the reasons why WW2OL is cool, and that is because it starts at a different time frame then the normal 1944 rinse/repeat game. I have heard numerous people ask if Italy was in game or how to get to the server with the older equipment (yeah i know).

It would have been better to have showed the progression through Teirs rather then...ok this is top tier enjoy being cannon fodder.

 

 

You are seeing this way too one sided.

Why do you assume that one side has all the greentags, and somehow the other side is completely made out of veterans with all the top teir stuff?
Its same on both sides.  There are just as many ( No, there are more ) low level tanks as its top teir tanks , but a a huge majority of the players activly playing is greentags, and the spread between the two sides in terms of greentags are the same.

And this is not speculation, this is fact.

Tier 0 would make people wonder " Is this it? "  " Why dont you guys have X plane or Y Tank? " Etc, because how do you expect a new player to know RDP cycles?

The option would be intermission i guess, but stop a Campaign to have several weeks of ... What?

Meh, Personally i Think the current way is the best of whats availible

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Popular F2P war games like World of Tanks and War Thunder have a very specific and progressive tier system, so I don't think that F2P players from Steam would have too much trouble understanding tiers. What's going to be a problem is explaining why the game creates these AOs where prewar equipment goes head to head with 1943-1944 equipment. F2P players are accustomed to having the tiers largely separated in their matches, while what happens here in the AOs is that the surviving top-tier equipment runs rampant on everything below it.

 

It's certainly worse to join the game late-tier than in tier 0. It's much worse for air than ground. It's not just due to better tanks and planes, but to the fact that while the tanks get better the FMS doesn't get better guns to spawn so attacks are even more reliant on strong armor support.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nozlen said:

Right now green tags can not, spawn a atg that can easily destroy a tank, or spawn a tank that is not useless

Yes they can
Rank 2 is nearly immediate, rank 3 comes pretty quick after that.

Before the hurricane decided to pulverise all my stuff, i had an FM set up for new guys, on a ridge overlooking an enemy town, buffered by heavy forrest that limited enemy armor flanking.
I had a ton of defenses built up around it for them.
They had this great position where everything coming at them had to come up a steep hill, yet they had open fire lanes into everything.

The mission, i told them, was simply to hold the ridgeline and pull the enemies attention off their attack target.
(the town was AO'd)
No pressure to get in town, no pressure to cap, just make the enemy waste their supply.

I had a huge mass of greentags.
They learned to use their sandbags and fox holes.
They learned how to screw up armor with just a rifleman.
They learned how to use a rank 1 AA guns to slaughter light enemy units and infantry attempting to climb up to them.
They tracked a lot of tanks with the rank 1 atgs, and they shot up lots of enemy infantry.

And then they werent greetags anymore.

And then stupid hurricane ended playtime, so i couldnt try to set up anything else fun, but no one was complaining about what they could not have yet.
They asked a lot about how to get other things, and how to kill or hurt other things, how things worked etc but i didnt hear any complains about not being able to spawn X unit as rank1.
I think, from the other games they play, they are perfectly familiar with the concept of ranking up to access different units.

There were also the multi crew sessions that some of us were running.

But i saw no mass complaining, not in game in forum or in steam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ARRADIN said:

Tier 0 would make people wonder " Is this it? "  " Why dont you guys have X plane or Y Tank? " Etc, because how do you expect a new player to know RDP cycles?

Very Simple Answer: Nope, wait XX amount of days and we will be in a new tier, then wait XX amount of days and we will be in another tier, and then wait a few more days and we will be in the final tier.

Tiers go up not down, meaning the new players will see everything in a funky order now: Tier 3, 0, 1, 2 and that's just silly , that is if they get to see any different tier at all because who knows if the map ends before thier free sub ends. The other way they would 100% get to see a different tier. 

I might also say I do not have a "side" so don't understand what that was meant to mean.

As for Merlin, you saying it is a easy task for Pilots in a Tier0 plane to kill vets in Tier3 plane? Remember this game has other aspects other then the ground game. You must be playing at different times because I see complaints in mission/side chat alot, not sure why you guys are acting like their is noone complaining. Odd.

Edited by nozlen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, nozlen said:

As for Merlin, you saying it is a easy task for Pilots in a Tier0 plane to kill vets in Tier3 plane? Remember this game has other aspects other then the ground game. You must be playing at different times because I see complaints in mission/side chat alot, not sure why you guys are acting like their is noone complaining. Odd.

Hence all the different odd ground and naval missions people have been running to provide rank opportunities.

No one is acting like noone is complaining, if the game was 1000% perfect and endorsed by God and ran 200fps in 4k with a vis limit of 1200, people would still complain.

The difference is in the definition of a lot.

And unless you are playing your other account, how exactly are you hearing these tons of complaints when you have not been logged in during the steam release?
(On reflection some things may be broked, I have not been logged in during the steam release on any accounts so it says)

 

Edited by merlin51

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice edit on that post Merlin, it went from "Noone" complaining to "No Mass Complaining." 

The very reason I made the comment in my last post about "noone" was due to your use of noone. I do not think their is Mass complaining because the new people do not understand how bad the game is stacked against them at this point, they will just think it is a crappy game because of their constant dying to top tier weapons and move on to the next game.

As for my account, I can not log into my Nozlen2 account because it says it does not exists (no idea why), and my Nozlen account is locked out of everything (again no idea why), so I just play through steam at the moment.

Edited by nozlen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, nozlen said:

Nice edit on that post Merlin, it went from "Noone" complaining to "No Mass Complaining." 

The very reason I made the comment in my last post about "noone" was due to your use of noone. I do not think their is Mass complaining because the new people do not understand how bad the game is stacked against them at this point, they will just think it is a crappy game because of their constant dying to top tier weapons and move on to the next game.

As for my account, I can not log into my Nozlen2 account because it says it does not exists (no idea why), and my Nozlen account is locked out of everything (again no idea why), so I just play through steam at the moment.

That wasnt the edit.
I say in the post what the edit was, it's even in parenthesis.

You cant miss it.

If Nozlen shows red locks on all persona, open ticket, rats fix, account works.
I had to send in tickets for all of mine. 

Top Tier tanks after you explain to gree tags what they can do with the satchel and where to place it

 

Edited by merlin51

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I know I can send in a ticket, just not to worried about it ATM, nothing new in game so just played a lil air in noob rides, got some kills and will go back to waiting for Italian rides.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CRS has achieved what many thought was impossible through our hard work and actions to release on Steam. I am damn proud of that fact.

Your criticism of our timing has no relevance on that accomplishment... this thread is an incredibly unproductive exercise that has achieved nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, merlin51 said:

Before the hurricane decided to pulverise all my stuff, i had an FM set up for new guys, on a ridge overlooking an enemy town, buffered by heavy forrest that limited enemy armor flanking.

Maybe I should go on a diet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, XOOM said:

CRS has achieved what many thought was impossible through our hard work and actions to release on Steam. I am damn proud of that fact.

Your criticism of our timing has no relevance on that accomplishment... this thread is an incredibly unproductive exercise that has achieved nothing.

I did not state that putting this game on Steam was a bad thing, actually think it is great you guys did it, but that is beside the point.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, nozlen said:

 

I might also say I do not have a "side" so don't understand what that was meant to mean.

I did not accuse you of being side biased nozlen, i said you were seeing it one sided.

What i mean is, you assume by all logic in your OP - That Greentags gets destroyed by far superior Equipment by spawning tier 0 tanks and face end tier tanks.   That statement would only be valid if one side had all the greentags and the other had all the vets with tigers, which obviously isnt true.

Greentags face other greentags, there are equal amounts of spawned Equipment on both sides.. 

I guess the Point is that any statement saying that Greentags dont have a chanse in tier 0 Equipment is incorrect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, ARRADIN said:

Tier 0 would be a terrible choice, it would end up no different.   The overwhelming majority of new players play normal Infantry, and based on the feedback we have from new players so far, i have not Heard a SINGLE one complain about facing better Equipment ( Because , lets realise it, most people have no clue what tanks are better than X yet )

Agree. Kept telling the Greenbean not to attack the Tiger in his Vickers last night. He didn't listen.  :lol:

Edited by lipton
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, lipton said:

Agree. Kept telling the Greenbean not to attack the Tiger in his Vickers last night. He didn't listen.  :lol:

Did you atleast hold a (couple of) Funeral(s) for him?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ARRADIN said:

I guess the Point is that any statement saying that Greentags dont have a chanse in tier 0 Equipment is incorrect.

Recruits absolutely do not have a chance late-tier with tier-0 equipment.

 

Tier 0 on the ground they will have trouble if they run in to one of the few high-ranking units. Even then the high-ranking units like the Chars, Matties and Stugs have significant weaknesses. Engagement ranges are a bit shorter. Late tier both sides have fast armored tanks and tank destroyers that can nuke the tier 0 tanks from 1500+m.

 

It's even worse in the air than on the ground. In the late tiers the top planes are outright untouchable by the low-ranking ones unless flown by a total idiot. It's difficult to fly a H75 or an E1 as a vet, and even survive for long while playing specifically to that aircraft's strengths. Greentags in those planes get massacred.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They'll learn and rank up like we all did and since they're not jaded they'll have a ton of fun doing it :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, david01 said:

Recruits absolutely do not have a chance late-tier with tier-0 equipment.

 

 

I have rank and yet ... I'm still spawning Panny's, and Stews more than any other tank. Your argument is lame. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, david01 said:

Tier 0 on the ground they will have trouble if they run in to one of the few high-ranking units. Even then the high-ranking units like the Chars, Matties and Stugs have significant weaknesses. Engagement ranges are a bit shorter. Late tier both sides have fast armored tanks and tank destroyers that can nuke the tier 0 tanks from 1500+m

My little greenies took out a tiger with riflemen before Irma ended my gameplay.
I nearly pi$$ed my pants as the tiger rolled down the ridge and exploded into a tree. (by rolled, i do not mean on its tracks)
Whether anyone scored for the kill doesn't matter.

Now for that one tiger, they met 40 other greenies in greenie ranked kit.
The tiger was just an unexpected bonus.

1 hour ago, david01 said:

It's even worse in the air than on the ground. In the late tiers the top planes are outright untouchable by the low-ranking ones unless flown by a total idiot. It's difficult to fly a H75 or an E1 as a vet, and even survive for long while playing specifically to that aircraft's strengths. Greentags in those planes get massacred.

Except for the fact that there is just as many greenies flying t0 planes on the opposite side, so their odds of fighting an H75 or H1 or 110 are very good.

As for killing a 190 with an H75, if you have the skill, it is entirely doable.
If you lack skill, the plane you get does not matter nearly so much.
DOC is not here, otherwise he would not only tell you how in a 6 page post, he would show you, but we do have @HATCH who was also kind of a virtual pilot legend at one time
So i will have to defer the explanation of the doing to him.
My survival in air to air combat revolves around flying in something that resembles a fatal grand mal seizure as passed for nothing that is related to skill what so ever.
When they work out airframe stress damage, it will be a fatal seizure and i will be raining parts all over.

My Own.

Edited by merlin51

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.