Jump to content
Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

david01

This might be why the Steam recruits are not having a good time (video)

Recommended Posts

david01

The FMS can't spawn medium ATGs (very important for later tiers), it has no flank protection, there is no easy way to shut down the FMS, or even a warning to players when one is camped.

The active battles tab frequently has a mission like this at the top because it has the most population, and so all the Steam recruits are directed in to something like this:

 

 tggbsv.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Capco

This is why we can't have nice things.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jokur

There is an easy way to delete FMSs. Tell you mission leader that it's camped and he can delete it from his map.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nori
1 hour ago, jokur said:

There is an easy way to delete FMSs. Tell you mission leader that it's camped and he can delete it from his map.

That would make a pretty boring video.  /s 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
major0noob

decrease the default minimap zoom...

put other FMS's on top of the active battles tab

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
david01
2 hours ago, jokur said:

There is an easy way to delete FMSs. Tell you mission leader that it's camped and he can delete it from his map.

It it were easy then this wouldn't happen. You make it sound like convincing a mission leader during a battle to delete their FMS is a cinch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
agenda21

JUST KILL THE DAMN EFMS.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SCKING

Two things.. Delete the FMS or if mission leader won't, then ask mission leader to at least change .orders to notify those trying to spawn in

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dale

The problem is that most Mission Leaders don't lead.  They don't delete marks, they don't either put in orders or update them, they don't delete camped MSs, they don't do anything but Live, Die, Repeat. 

 

So you quit their mission, make your own,  mark down CPs and their names, mark which ones are spawnable, put in .orders explaining it all and tell everyone to spawn on your mission because it's not camped  2 people spawn in and everyone else keeps spawning at the camped MS and complaining that it's camped.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PITTPETE
1 hour ago, agenda21 said:

JUST KILL THE DAMN EFMS.

 

Takes over 50 rounds no?

Never liked the mission leader thing...Squad missions were much better

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
brady

I was thier and yes I had a campgasim one of several actually today, as far as camped FMSs go this was pretty mellow

Camping is fun, don't feed the campers

they will learn...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cavalier

How dare poor and uninspiring play be punished by getting smashed by your smarter and better organised opponent.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
brady

"It's a cruel world her Hauptmann"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
david01
24 minutes ago, cavalier said:

How dare poor and uninspiring play be punished by getting smashed by your smarter and better organised opponent.

56% rating on Steam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cavalier
2 hours ago, david01 said:

56% rating on Steam

and this does not surprise me at all. 

WWIIOL has always been a niche game and always will be. It has archaic graphics, does not reward playing with "virtual things" (ie avatar experience, cooler looking and better gear, etc), is directly competitive and unforgiving. It is also the best game I have ever loaded onto my PC but it will never be main stream. To love it you must be willing to work at learning to play. You must enjoy playing a game with the reward being rewarding game play rather than virtual window dressing.

Making a game easier and more forgiving does not always make it as better game. Getting camped is the games way of telling you that your defence was not good enough and it is time to go elsewhere. Some people do not like to be told that they have lost this fight.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
maxios

If missionleader is not responding and if there is no chance breaking the camp, then use i command .takelead to take over the mission and delete the fms.

Because there usally will be alot of confused new players spawning at the FB i usally wait at FB with a truck, take them back to town and try setting up a new FMS.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Merlin51
10 hours ago, david01 said:

It it were easy then this wouldn't happen. You make it sound like convincing a mission leader during a battle to delete their FMS is a cinch.

.takelead

right click FM and delete

6 hours ago, david01 said:

56% rating on Steam

scheisse das ist sehr gut!!

 

I though they looked like they were having fun trying to defend the FM
No one i shot at complained?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dale
42 minutes ago, maxios said:

If missionleader is not responding and if there is no chance breaking the camp, then use i command .takelead to take over the mission and delete the fms.

Because there usally will be alot of confused new players spawning at the FB i usally wait at FB with a truck, take them back to town and try setting up a new FMS.

But I do believe that the ML has to do like nothing MLish for like 6 minutes before you can .takelead.  So if they do something every now and then, but it's useless, then they get to keep it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gavalink

I frequently have an fms set. If the mission leader (me) isn't present at the fms, he has to rely on players for accurate info. I am often called to delete an fms that's camped by what turns out to be one rifleman. I prefer to kill the one rifleman and keep the fms that I usually worked hard to set. I guess it comes down to what your definition of what "camped" is.

Edited by gavalink
grammar
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
david01

It's the biggest mission on the map, it's either the only or one of the few missions with a FMS to the priority attack. The mission leader might be in town and has put in at least several minutes of his time to set it up. There is no way that I'm going to do a .takelead and delete the FMS without arguing for several minutes during a battle. Even if I did think it was a good idea to do this I shouldn't have to manually fix bad gameplay.

9 hours ago, cavalier said:

and this does not surprise me at all. 

WWIIOL has always been a niche game and always will be. It has archaic graphics, does not reward playing with "virtual things" (ie avatar experience, cooler looking and better gear, etc), is directly competitive and unforgiving. It is also the best game I have ever loaded onto my PC but it will never be main stream. To love it you must be willing to work at learning to play. You must enjoy playing a game with the reward being rewarding game play rather than virtual window dressing.

Making a game easier and more forgiving does not always make it as better game. Getting camped is the games way of telling you that your defence was not good enough and it is time to go elsewhere. Some people do not like to be told that they have lost this fight.

Okay then what was the point of releasing on Steam then?

At any rate these situations come about because the game is too easy. It's too easy to roll tanks to a FMS and shut down an attack. The defender has so many advantages the only way to take a town is to rush tanks and camp town before he's spawned. Doing the proper thing and fighting out, and trying to make your way in to town leads to gameplay like in to the video. Attacking is very hard and defending is very easy.

Also this game isn't anywhere near a competitive PvP game it's heavily curated and arranged little battles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
smythes

What do you feel could be done differently David?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Merlin51
2 hours ago, david01 said:

It's the biggest mission on the map, it's either the only or one of the few missions with a FMS to the priority attack. The mission leader might be in town and has put in at least several minutes of his time to set it up. There is no way that I'm going to do a .takelead and delete the FMS without arguing for several minutes during a battle.

I would, and do.
FM is camped first thing i do is keep announcing to the ML the state of the FM including to the best of my ability what it is camped by.
2nd thing i do is respawn a truck and head out to what appears a better FM location, and announce to the ML that i have a better location ready to build, please delete existing FM.
If ML does not respond to that, i .takelead and deploy new FM.
If ML deletes it, i simply deploy new one for him.

Being camped due to bad position etc is part of the game

Knowing when you are camped and being prepared to displace and relocate is also part of the game.

 

For what its worth, when i am ML by my own volition, my mission for myself rarely sees me leaving the vicinity of the FM.
Its spend trying to direct troops, listen to what they are reporting is going on, and spend a lot of time with an engineer or two or 3 if i feel like multiboxing
Fortifying the FM location to make it difficult to camp with ease.

If anyone was either defending or attacking the namur S bridge during TZ2/3  they will know what i mean

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
imded

That's where the people getting killed need to notify the mission leader about the camping.

Then the mission leader can DELETE the FMS.

Simple.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cavalier

If your spawn point is camped to hell then find another spawn point. It ain't rocket science, even for new players and maybe the vets can help them out by telling them of a good mission to join in.

The game can only do so much for you if you insist on continually respawning into a bad spot.

WWIIOL is a game that reward players using their initiative. If you are simply searching active missions for a busy spawnpoint you are likely to get good and bad gameplay. If you are willing to form up with teams of players and work together you are far more likely to influence the fight and have more fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gretnine

Pull your FMS's or drive more than one, because this is just stupid. 

7VJ2k7H.jpg

 

Edited by gretnine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...