david01

This might be why the Steam recruits are not having a good time (video)

57 posts in this topic

Another problem is that when they're camped 9 times out of 10 the mission leader just quits the mission and then followed by the other veterans, none of whom bother to pull the FMS.  Then you're stuck with a bunch of greentags wondering why they keep getting shot and the lucky one who is ML has no idea what to do and even if you explained it to them 99% of greentags don't seem to be able to follow even the simplest of instructions.  

Edited by dale

3 hours ago, dale said:

Another problem is that when they're camped 9 times out of 10 the mission leader just quits the mission and then followed by the other veterans, none of whom bother to pull the FMS.  Then you're stuck with a bunch of greentags wondering why they keep getting shot and the lucky one who is ML has no idea what to do and even if you explained it to them 99% of greentags don't seem to be able to follow even the simplest of instructions. 

If your a Vet just kill the EFMS and move on.

FMS's are a pain to build, nobody wants to delete them; after it's gone chances are it won't be replaced and it may be the only one at the AO.

just before steam we had only 1 every 3 hours, it was usually camped... but it was the only FMS in game.

a FMS at a AO is more important than 70-200 inf.

Edited by major0noob

46 minutes ago, major0noob said:

FMS's are a pain to build, nobody wants to delete them; after it's gone chances are it won't be replaced and it may be the only one at the AO.

just before steam we had only 1 every 3 hours, it was usually camped... but it was the only FMS in game.

a FMS at a AO is more important than 70-200 inf.

Sometimes I wonder if these people are playing the same game

"Just blow up the FMS"

"take lead and delete it"

lol both those things can easily get you .reported and/or accused of griefing, especially if it's a random like me doing it and not a HC officer.

3 hours ago, david01 said:

"Just blow up the FMS"

lol both those things can easily get you .reported and/or accused of griefing, especially if it's a random like me doing it and not a HC officer.

1) doubtful
2) no need to fear being .reported, you think a person can not see the FM on mission XYZ was suffering a 30 casualty per minute bleed rate?
feels like you are just looking for excuses to paint a hopeless situation with no escape?

6 hours ago, david01 said:

"Just blow up the FMS"

If the mission leader reports you for deleting a fully camped FMS, then the ML is a doofus and you shouldn't mind him/her.

Edited by gretnine

2 hours ago, gretnine said:

If the mission leader reports you for deleting a fully camped FMS, then the ML is a doofus and you shouldn't mind him/her.

still doesn't change the fact it was his work. it's up to the players if they want to spawn in or not.

it;s like me taking away your semi cause others can use semi's better

23 minutes ago, major0noob said:

still doesn't change the fact it was his work. it's up to the players if they want to spawn in or not.

A lot of times the original ML is gone, they set the FM and then went else where.
Person who inherited the mission has no clue.

And FM's are also being set just for the rank points, they are not always in a good place, and they guy isnt checking them as long as bodies keep popping out.

Since the game is a team thing and no one plays in a bubble, if the FM is bad, get rid of it.
Anyone on the mission can get a truck and plop down a new one, does not have to be the ML.

Battlefield changes, its dynamic and fluid, FM i set 10 minutes ago may be utter crap now

20 hours ago, gretnine said:

Pull your FMS's or drive more than one, because this is just stupid. 

7VJ2k7H.jpg

Lolwut...

That's a lot of supply gone in 20 minutes... that won't be back for 8 hours.

I have already posted an idea of multi FMS per mission.  In short player on a mission selects which FMS to spawn into. 

This is why when I set an fms I use an engineer to build more ppos around the fms to protect.it. 

If it's camped use .takelead and delete the mission. Communication is key. 

1 hour ago, blkhwk8 said:

I use an engineer to build more ppos around the fms to protect.it. 

1BB1206F9520E2EA814C9D48E31E43CB2EE039BA

And sometimes you can combine bridge and FM defense

This is a tough problem.   Many times I discover the EFMS and in the interest of my side winning the engagement I feel it is necessary to camp the EFMS.  I call for an engineer to come destroy the EFMS and this often takes a lot of time if an engineer comes at all.  In the meantime i'm mowing down clueless greentags by the bucketful.   Also, some players make it a tactic to deliberately camp EFMS as a way to quickly drain the opponent's supply.   I understand that but I hate it.  Whenever I "camp" ANY spawn point it is in the interest of my side winning the day.   I don't care about the kills it's just what "victory" requires sometimes.   Lately I've been simply leaving a camped EFMS if the group of players i'm with at that particular engagement can't or won't destroy a camped EFMS.  

It is IMO incumbent upon Mission Leaders to delete their camped FMS ASAP.    

As for Depot spawning, I don't know what the solution is for that WRT new players.   Most of us know a that in most cases a spawnable can get camped very quickly and spawn-and-die is fruitless so we move on.    I've heard many greentags say in the last few days that WWIIOL is "Spawn Camp Online,."  We vets must do our best to avoid this situation.

In many ways I prefer the old infantry Mission Leader making mobile spawns.   Maybe if we bring it back but restrict the Mobile Spawn List supply list to NOT include sappers and rocket launchers(to keep people from building MS's behind enemy armor formations)?

1 person likes this

Hello All,

A few solutions that may help that I can think of are the immersion breaking X seconds invisibility and invulnerability on spawn in (you also are unable to fire your weapon) which gives a player a chance to reach some concealment and identify or locate a moving spawn camper and get an advantageous position on them. Another would be when a certain code recognized death stream is triggered either the spawn shuts down for a random amount of time, 60 - 180 seconds maybe, WITH a message on the mission that the FMS is camped or simply a message and color code before in game deployment tied to the recognized spawn death stream. A message and perhaps a bright color blind friendly color on the mission tab screen like we have for populated, attack and defend missions now which warns players that the spawn is being camped.

There are some easy solutions if the code will allow it. The real issue is a game play one where some like to play war and others like to war play. Not many players want to hang back and set up a proper defense of the FMS position, which I imagine would be SOP in real war. You cannot force that type of play though so some novel solutions will be required in most cases.

Cheers,

SC S!

1 person likes this

7 hours ago, cabby said:

I call for an engineer to come destroy the EFMS and this often takes a lot of time if an engineer comes at all.

this

On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 5:23 AM, gretnine said:

Pull your FMS's or drive more than one, because this is just stupid. 

7VJ2k7H.jpg

nice

Umm... It only takes me a couple of times spawning into a camped fms to realize I don't want to spawn in there again. I let the ML know, then I click out and find another mission. I'm pretty sure I was able to figure that out while I was a greentag. It's not rocket science.

I don't really understand the overall complaint here. Spawn camping is part of the game. I think it has a negative connotation because in a lot of other games it is either frowned upon, prevented through map restrictions, or even outright against the rules. This is because the spawn points are usually static and to camp them would mean an end to any competitive gameplay on that map. 

In this game, it's different. It's the job of defenders to get out there, find efms, camp them if needed and then yes, blow them. To not do that means just waiting until the enemy are near or in town (or in your FB), and that point, you've nearly lost the battle already (arguably).

I do think blowing them is better form than just sitting there camping them, but either way, the enemy gets the message that their efms is no longer viable. And the greentags will learn that (or they need to).

Edited by hillstorm
2 people like this

1 hour ago, hillstorm said:

I think it has a negative connotation because in a lot of other games it is either frowned upon, prevented through map restrictions, or even outright against the rules. This is because the spawn points are usually static and to camp them would mean an end to any competitive gameplay on that map. 

This exactly, you cant just chose in oh say DOD or DOC or what ever to go spawn from another base or city or mission or make your own FM etc.
No one here is obligated to continue using a camped spawn.

ALso sometimes you have to accept that your position was defeated.

1 person likes this

56 minutes ago, merlin51 said:

This exactly, you cant just chose in oh say DOD or DOC or what ever to go spawn from another base or city or mission or make your own FM etc.
No one here is obligated to continue using a camped spawn.

ALso sometimes you have to accept that your position was defeated.

Exactly. I mean just like when a CP is camped. No need to keep spawning an frustrating yourself. I would think even the newer guys would catch on to that.

1 person likes this

This is a pain in the kiester subject.
On one hand, trying to set an FMS in a good spot can be hard to do... and way too many times, there is only one at an AO.
True, it might get camped, but pulling it at the first sign of trouble can kill the AO. It's a tough call whether or not to drop an FMS when you know there isn't another one, people are trying to spawn in, and you are pretty sure there won't be another one if you drop your FMS/mission.

A few points from my perspective...

1. This is the most important: Calling other players names... insulting their intelligence or ability... and just plain putting them down because they aren't as good as you when you have played for 5-10 years is the WORST thing that you can do to them or for the game. Period!

2. A LOT of players don't belong to squads. It will always be this way. That means that a LOT of players have to learn to play on their own. And there is precious little that will teach them the ins and outs of the finer points...  example .orders   Who exactly shows people about how this works? I know it exists, but have never really used it because I'm not sure what I'm doing with it. Personally, I watch what's going on and send such instructions over mission chat. But the point is that you can't expect everyone to know all the commands when there is NO overall basic play guide that includes those commands. Heck it takes weeks for some to learn the abbreviations we use.

3.  I understand running a new FMS. It's a great idea. Taking someone else's mission because you don't like the way it's going? THEY did the hard work getting it there and setting it up. If you don't like it, set up your own mission. Personally, is someone grabs my mission and drops my FMS without even communicating with me? I will definitely be done helping with that battle, and I will remember that person and avoid playing with them in the future.

4. One of the problems is camping versus suppression. Suppression makes sense. Shut it down, mark it, call for engineers to blow it and take it down ASAP. That's decent play. Camping it just to rack up kills on new players? It's a great way to make sure that a day one new player never logs in again. The first time I was camped like that I got so frustrated I didn't log in again for over a week, and only logged in then because I had paid my subscription and felt I would be wasting my money if I didn't. The fact is that camping only hurts the game, no matter how much fun it is for you.

5. If everyone spawning into an FMS spent just long enough to build one defensive POI, they would survive longer and be a heck of a lot harder to kill.

how about making a "weak spot" on it, someplace only hit-able from a tank camping angel

like a radio in the front that only needs to be hit (directly) by 15 37mm HE and is strong vs satchels

Everyone here who has been here before Steam is a LEADER and considered a veteran. Use your knowledge to help force multiply the mission.

You do not need High Command tags to step up and lead the way. Your efforts are needed. The advice already provided in this forum speaks for itself, well done guys. S!