Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

david01

This might be why the Steam recruits are not having a good time (video)

david01
21 minutes ago, XOOM said:

Everyone here who has been here before Steam is a LEADER and considered a veteran. Use your knowledge to help force multiply the mission.

You do not need High Command tags to step up and lead the way. Your efforts are needed. The advice already provided in this forum speaks for itself, well done guys. S! 

The advice given here is literally anti-leadership. How am I leading the way by destroying and deleting my team's only spawn points to an attack?

Is there something preventing CRS from allowing the medium ATGs to spawn from the FMS, or do you disallow this because you don't think that it would be balanced?

Merlin51
12 minutes ago, david01 said:

The advice given here is literally anti-leadership. How am I leading the way by destroying and deleting my team's only spawn points to an attack?

? Do you play this part professionally or is it a natural talent?

1) you stop spawning.dying/spawning/dying
2) you spawn a truck
3) You say Hey ML, FM is camped to all hell, i got a truck, delete it so i can set new FM
4) You give ML a moment to respond since he may be dodging bulelts
5) If no response arrives, you .takelead, then you deploy the new FM, and then if you feel bad you can .makelead oldMLname, or you can try leading the mission.

There ya go, print it, read it, learn it, and stop playing the unsaveable victim

• Like 1

XOOM
19 minutes ago, david01 said:

Is there something preventing CRS from allowing the medium ATGs to spawn from the FMS, or do you disallow this because you don't think that it would be balanced?

Medium ATGs could easily devastate the battlefield, so it is a balance concern. We only allowed for minimum defense against armored cars and light tanks or aircraft, quite intentionally.

My advice was for veterans to step up and lead the way, during all circumstances, not just related to your specific inquiry.

Merlin51
13 minutes ago, XOOM said:

Medium ATGs could easily devastate the battlefield

The FM does not represent a heavy position anyways, it is a light infantry position.

We have all manner of heavy stuff to bring in to support the FM.

And if the FM is camped, you have lost control. You no longer effect area control, you simply have to displace and reform.

Capco
56 minutes ago, david01 said:

Knowing when to fall back, reorganize, and regroup is definitely part of leadership.   

• Like 1

david01
12 hours ago, XOOM said:

Medium ATGs could easily devastate the battlefield, so it is a balance concern. We only allowed for minimum defense against armored cars and light tanks or aircraft, quite intentionally.

What's devastating is sending all of the Steam recruits in to little kill boxes where they get helplessly camped by veterans in tanks. And you're doing this intentionally thinking that it makes good gameplay. Well the game already has a poor rating on Steam, and at the current rate will go from "mixed" status (already bad) to the "negative" labels in a week or two which is even worse for the game.

Merlin51
3 hours ago, david01 said:

sending all of the Steam recruits in to little kill boxes

No one is sending them anyplace.
Youve been given solutions, you choose not to take them.