dre21

How to get green tags to respond?

19 posts in this topic

I have tried and tried, I don't use discord myself just because of the choice of Armor I like to use. 

But to get any Green tag to respond is like pulling teeth . 

I call them by name on every channel I can, pm them ,explain how to pm me back , nothing. 

It's really hard to watch sometimes seeing a Truck full of green tags drive off into a direction where nothing is going on and not one responds. 

What do u guys do?

6 minutes ago, dre21 said:

I have tried and tried, I don't use discord myself just because of the choice of Armor I like to use. 

But to get any Green tag to respond is like pulling teeth . 

I call them by name on every channel I can, pm them ,explain how to pm me back , nothing. 

It's really hard to watch sometimes seeing a Truck full of green tags drive off into a direction where nothing is going on and not one responds. 

What do u guys do?

I talk to them and offer them help if they need it.  Some respond.  Some don't.  It's the way of the world.  Those that respond I make squad members.  Those that don't I let them try game at their own pace.  I figure they have a full 7 days to talk to us and work as a team.  If they don't and the system boots them oh well.  It wasn't meant to be and no hard feelings. 

have you tried typing to them in full caps?

I don't know, maybe they don't know how to Private message?  

Edited by denw2o

If they have audio turned down (I dont know why you would do this either), they might not hear the clicky sound you get from a PM. For a newbie, what is going on around you can distract you from the chat until it is too late.

The amount of times people have been warned in chat not to go to a certain place, only for me to get carried away in the action and only reading it once i've been shot to bits, is quite high :P

A lot of steam people blast steam music player while playing.

Somehoe i doubt 102db of ICP is helpful for playing this game
LOL

29 minutes ago, denw2o said:

have you tried typing to them in full caps?

I don't know, maybe they don't know how to Private message?  

I have tried that
I got a response back in chinese and portuguese once
most times get nada

By the way, where the hell is the rest of 31st WC?
Satmax and Plastic i cant get out of damned skyrim long enough to even come visit 

17 hours ago, merlin51 said:

A lot of steam people blast steam music player while playing.

Somehoe i doubt 102db of ICP is helpful for playing this game
LOL

Lol if they play music while playing this game all hope is lost on these players anyways.  It works on the games where u have maybe 2 or 3 pathways and every player sooner or later gets funneled into action. But here ohh well no wonder they are lost.

17 hours ago, calyx6 said:

Perhaps an extra visual aid to draw your eye towards private messages?

This. Apart from the radio sound theres not a lot of information that someone sent you a private message.

And to a new guy the radio sounds can be coming from anything..

As a mission leader I write in chat and via .order when a mission is closed / finished. Sometimes I adress greentags by name. It depends on the situation. When they still don't react after 2-3 times I leave. Some get it and despawn then.

But there are may be others who just want to look around some more. Or they don't speak english. or they don't read the chat.

The greentags who DO respond can be integrated into the current ops or are grateful also when directed to where the action is. People are different. And the steam folks is just another demographic and does not come from a simulation background mainly.

Just noticed that there is a Chinese speaking squad i my time zone.

Probably a lot higher % of non English speaking players than we are used to.

Edited by Hardlead

i like Teamspeak's poke feature. if you poke someone on Teamspeak you type a message and a female voice will say " wake up " .  first time i heard that it immediately made me stop what i was doing and investigate.

Edited by karu

Is a good point when an AO or DO is over that kosty made, Need to put that in orders and tell them when its done. Other than that, try to talk to them via pm or something. If they do not reply at least you tried.

I think I typed what HE charges are for like 237 times yesterday before I started to lose it, it would seam a few things could be added to the tutorial.

15 minutes ago, brady said:

I think I typed what HE charges are for like 237 times yesterday before I started to lose it, it would seam a few things could be added to the tutorial.

A lot isn't covered in the tutorial. A short list.

* Grenadiers

* Engineers

* !!Anything related to anti tank warfare!!

* Aircraft

*Paratroopers

*How to get on a truck

* Basic Cover and Concealment

* How to use anything related to the UI

8 minutes ago, muromachi said:

A lot isn't covered in the tutorial. A short list.

Its a catch 22, you put a bunch of tutorials in, and they dont want them and complain
so you lighten up on the tutorials and they dont know how to do basic things and have a hard time, then complain.

I wish there was a way to do a live human guided boot camp at area 51 with live axis and allied troops
where each session culminated in a skirmish between the axis and allied training class.

It would require very adaptable 24/7 training personnel to do though, and the ability for them to cross talk to the other side trainers.
And to reliably have that means you'd have to use paid people

3 hours ago, merlin51 said:

I wish there was a way to do a live human guided boot camp at area 51 with live axis and allied troops

where each session culminated in a skirmish between the axis and allied training class.

It would require very adaptable 24/7 training personnel to do though, and the ability for them to cross talk to the other side trainers.
And to reliably have that means you'd have to use paid people

There is a way, but you really don't need area 51.  Back in olden times, there used to be regular training sessions on the training server.  They were announced in game by system for days in advance.  They were at standard times each Saturday and Sunday.  They were run by volunteers called Trainers.  The guys with the big T next to their name.  They were not paid.   It worked fine.  You don't need training personnel online 24/7.  You just need a few volunteers to run training sessions at set times each week and announce it.  Maybe someone with boot power to kick griefers (and you will have griefers).   Few will show up, but it is the few that will matter.  If you have some Trainers who show up week after week and do the heavy lifting, maybe CRS could give them a few free months sub for their efforts.

1 person likes this

To get the greenies to look down at chat would require some new coding.  Once the coding is in it would happen like this (remember now greenies are coded in) you simply press a button (greenie button coded in) which btw you can change to whatever you want in the keymapper, then do a usual pm message then hit enter. What will happen is his screen fills up with PIZZA with arrows pointing down to chat bar.  OMG I haven't been in the forums in years and years and probably won't be back for years and years. The reason I'm here is my headphones are busted and the new one doesn't arrive until Thursday.

2 people like this

On 9/28/2017 at 3:26 PM, ratzilla said:

There is a way, but you really don't need area 51.  Back in olden times, there used to be regular training sessions on the training server.  They were announced in game by system for days in advance.  They were at standard times each Saturday and Sunday.  They were run by volunteers called Trainers.  The guys with the big T next to their name.  They were not paid.   It worked fine.  You don't need training personnel online 24/7.  You just need a few volunteers to run training sessions at set times each week and announce it.  Maybe someone with boot power to kick griefers (and you will have griefers).   Few will show up, but it is the few that will matter.  If you have some Trainers who show up week after week and do the heavy lifting, maybe CRS could give them a few free months sub for their efforts.

A few advantages to doing it in the live session

1) Steam users can not actually join the training server, only live or offline

2) You can send them from boot camp directly to their deployment

3) You could pick up your trainees right from the live pool of guys having trouble, see a guy having a world of trouble in help chan? bring him to training camp

What makes A51 good is its all self contained, has training areas for everything and you have the axis camp take over camp vicky and the allied camps take over camp yvette and you leave gretchen empty and there is your skirmish and live combat training area.

Griefers, yes you will have them, at least until you spam .flip on them about 50 times, then it's suddenly not so much fun to grief anymore
Depending on how many tools we would want training personnel to have access to.

Allied and Axis trainers would need to be able to .m eachother

1 person likes this