delems

Ranking points.

13 posts in this topic

This whole issue really needs to be looked at.

No points for engr repairing AI, maybe give 1 point.

Capture points of 20 per reset and capture, way to high, maybe 5.

MS spawning points, way way to high, currently 5 per person, should be 1.

There are prolly some others, ea kills come to mind, but this would be a good start.

Edited by delems

I was pretty sure i got points for repairing AI? maybe have to repair several?

Not sure if i would take away capture points, sometimes you have to work damned hard and barely survive to get that cap

MS points is only per unique person, not every spawn, so i only get points for you once.
If i am setting the FM, keeping the truck in play to reset FM as needed, and sitting looking at the map and running the mission
it should count for something no? Can not very well go out and kill things while doing that.

Then again there is the issue of, by all miracles killing 2 bf110's with a blen I, and 2 atg's somehow with the 40 pounders
and getting a total of 5 points

On ‎10‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 11:57 AM, delems said:

There are prolly some others, ea kills come to mind, but this would be a good start.

The point system work on how big you are as in comparison to what you kill,

The smaller you are and the bigger the target, the more points. So, if you are a battleship and you kill an inf. Very little points.

But if you are an inf and kill a battleship, major points.

So, killing a plane with a rifle, lots of points.

55 minutes ago, imded said:

But if you are an inf and kill a battleship

oh Please demonstrate!!

LoL just teasing, saw that phrase and thought, now that i gotta see.

8 minutes ago, delems said:

Why isn't this addressed?  Takes like less than 1 hour to fix this....  Just get it done.

jobs@corneredrats.com

Did you all not see the solutions I posted when I first made the post???

Come on....

Give 1 point for fixing AI, give 5 points for resupplying gear (or overstocking), cut capture to 5 points from 20, cut MSP points from 5 per spawn to 1.

Air, not as up on, but need to double air to air kill points at least.

Quite sure any competent programmer can change, what 5 numbers in code somewhere?  Without a lot of effort?

You aren't even coding, you're just changing a number.......   If done right, these are just #defines somewhere in some header file.

Personally, I think it's way to difficult for noobs to gain rank these days. Especially Air rank. 

But then rank means nothing to me anymore. I gained all I need years ago. You too delems. Why you so interested in this?

Edited by lipton

*** But then rank means nothing to me anymore. I gained all I need years ago. You too delems. Why you so interested in this?

Because when I played, it took rank 6 to even make a mission, and only 1 person could get rank for capturing, and no rank for resetting a CP.  No one got rank for MS.

It is way to easy today to get rank imo, far to easy.  And yet, other areas are way to hard to get rank (air).

You should earn that SMG, at least 10 kills with rifle, one or two with grenade, give ammo to at least a couple players, an hour guarding a FB, a couple hours guarding CPs.. then you get rank 2.

Not wander into a CP and help recap 5 times at the first DO you go to; then get promotion.

And you should get rewarded for fixing AI, or overstocking/resupplying flags.

Edited by delems