• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Hells Gate   03/24/2019

Break through the lines, and enter Hells Gate!!! This will be the next CRS organized event.  Lead by the High command from each side.
      Free Premium Access for the event
      Date: 3/30/19 Time: 11:00 AM Server time/ 12:00pm EST/ 1600 GMT
delems

Why 1944 SMG in tier 0?

260 posts in this topic

52 minutes ago, merlin51 said:

That only comes into play when said country ceases to exist, and alternate data must be used in order for a country to continue. (Which to date only pertains to france because they lost in 60 days)
If the country continues to exist, then equipment will follow it's normal historic entry tiers, or you are going to be REALLY urinated off playing that game with units of countries that continued to exist throughout the war,  because the Tiger I becomes a real thing long before its actual Tier 2 entry and full scale production.

Do you really want to explain to the allies why YOU put a tiger I in tier 0 or 1? or a tiger II in T3? and other odd situations that dont remotely match real life?

See, when you go trying to screw with things and loophole things, it goes both ways and results in a mess.

Hold up - 110C4B was and exception made for balance - it was a prototype... IIRC the PzH was a prototype for T1.  There have been many exceptions to the rule where production orders have been used to justify entrance and its not limited to the country ceasing to exist.  Those exceptions where based on BALLANCED triads.  That's where the exceptions where made - IE the S76 as the counterpart to the Tiger.  Albeit the S76 in the game is the A3, a 44 tank, the A1 was not modelled for a few reasons.

1, it was going to be somewhat different than S75 - not just a S75 with a new turret and gun.

2. The M36-B was already being discussed which uses the A3 hull - which was more practical given these two points... and

3.. The similarity in performance between the A1 and A3 where minor at best in terms of game balance and bang for the buck. Its like arguing over the Axis grenadier - current version or cup version. It does not mount up to a hill of beans balance wise or capability given some minor differences. Why make the demand when one fills the same role with very similar results?

When balance is in order - most certainly purchase, production orders and prototypes have been used to justify entrance into this game.

1 person likes this

29 minutes ago, stankyus said:

Hold up - 110C4B was and exception made for balance - it was a prototype

It was?
It sure did log a lot of flights in the english channel doing a good job of interfering with british shipping during spring and summer of 1940.

Bf 110C-4/B
additional crew armor
Upgraded DB 601N engines
2 SC 250kg bombs fitted

I will have to look a bit for production numbers.
I know a few of the axis airboys have them, maybe they could toss them out.

44 minutes ago, stankyus said:

IIRC the PzH was a prototype for T1

The PZIII H isn't a prototype.
It's a shorter run variant and bolted on the extra armor, but it's still a production model with some 450 built.
It's actually in production in part of 1940, but not until after the BOF
I probably would have chosen the J, but the H did come 1st.
The J has side skirts and switched from bolt on armor to simply increasing the homogenous armor to 50mm.

Irregardless, the H isn't a prototype, it's a production unit.

3 hours ago, Ender24 said:

Im sorry, what are you sick of now?  I lose track of all the reasons you are quitting the game (but are still here).  Seems like Allies put up a nice fight last night.

"All the reasons"? Really??  Exaggerate much? I challenge you to find even one instance where I've threatened to "quit the game". Even one. 

Pretty sure I didn't threaten to quit the game this time. You might wan't to take a step back from pointing fingers at other people exaggerating. You seem to be doing a pretty good job of it yourself. 

What I'm sick of is the Axis  Whine Bgd always demanding more more more. It's never ending.  

I'm tired of the forums. It's like talking to children. You can't reason with them. So I'm done. I won't try to reason with them any more. I'll just laugh at them. It's more fun and less frustrating. S!

They can convince CRS to change the game until the Axis have everything they want and no one wants to play Allied. It should be an awesome game. lol 

But I've decided I will NOT donate another penny. I've donated almost $1000 and received NOTHING in return.

I will NOT upgrade to a Hero account like I planned. I will NOT upgrade my 2nd account to a full paid account like I planned. CRS will get no more money out of me. 

But I'll continue to play the game as long as it's enjoyable hanging out with my squad. When it's no long enjoyable. THEN I'll leave. I will say that day seems to be getting nearer. 

Edited by lipton
3 people like this

42 minutes ago, lipton said:

"All the reasons"? Really??  Exaggerate much? I challenge you to find even one instance where I've threatened to "quit the game". Even one. 

Pretty sure I didn't threaten to quit the game this time. You might wan't to take a step back from pointing fingers at other people exaggerating. You seem to be doing a pretty good job of it yourself. 

What I'm sick of is the Axis  Whine Bgd always demanding more more more. It's never ending.  

I'm tired of the forums. It's like talking to children. You can't reason with them. So I'm done. I won't try to reason with them any more. I'll just laugh at them. It's more fun and less frustrating. S!

They can convince CRS to change the game until the Axis have everything they want and no one wants to play Allied. It should be an awesome game. lol 

But I've decided I will NOT donate another penny. I've donated almost $1000 and received NOTHING in return.

I will NOT upgrade to a Hero account like I planned. I will NOT upgrade my 2nd account to a full paid account like I planned. CRS will get no more money out of me. 

But I'll continue to play the game as long as it's enjoyable hanging out with my squad. When it's no long enjoyable. THEN I'll leave. I will say that day seems to be getting nearer. 

Not so very long ago the entire Axis side was in pretty dire straights.  Most of the upper HC staff had left HC or quit the game.  That was what prompted me to become active in the forums that I had rarely visited in the game's existence.  So I can sympathize here.  You're frustrated and I get that.  To say that you have seen nothing in return is a bit of a stretch though.  The RATS got the game on Steam as promised, have nearly completed new game content, and despite what you are insinuating have been very active in looking at game balance issues.  I hate 1 week campaigns no matter which side wins them and personally felt that the campaign previous that went over 70 days an resulted in an Allied victory was one of the best we have had in a long time. 

Rather than spit vitriol, which is what I got when I noted there was a problem, I would like to take a different approach.  I would like to extend an invitation for you to come and run with Blitz Kader for the remainder of this campaign. If you are finding that you don't want to log in, it might be good for you to take a fresh look at the game and perhaps even find that the other side actually isn't so evil.

Saronin

2 hours ago, bmw2 said:

Me watching this thread go up in flames.

you guyz over here need to get out more. like in OT. 

Image result for sexy girl eating popcorn gif

On 10/5/2017 at 11:45 PM, delems said:

What is with this 1944 SMG grease gun still doing in the game?  Have we no integrity at all?

I didn't know we had integrity to start with o__o 

On 10/19/2017 at 3:41 PM, lipton said:

Im worried about your blood pressure, if a game gets you this worked up Id hate to see what happens in RL.  From this side of the table it looks like Allied Whine Brigade, but I really dont care to argue with you.  There are only a few active forum whiners that bemoan how bad their side is getting screwed.  I say get over it, the only thing I really want fixed is lag deaths.  Thats where things get really unfair.  Allies have their group of players that use it very well, as Im sure Axis has theirs.  If my equipment isnt as good as the other side, then I should try and learn how best to use it, or go to the other side.  Count to 10 before you reply - and have a beer!

3 people like this