• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Hells Gate   03/24/2019

Break through the lines, and enter Hells Gate!!! This will be the next CRS organized event.  Lead by the High command from each side.
      Free Premium Access for the event
      Date: 3/30/19 Time: 11:00 AM Server time/ 12:00pm EST/ 1600 GMT
delems

Why 1944 SMG in tier 0?

260 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, stankyus said:

I know Patchy had posted some good information about the French using tungsten rounds for the MLE37

I mean what we got in game right now, i believe is that round depicted

23 minutes ago, dm79 said:

God help me but

Why do i feel like this is a bad thing?

2 hours ago, merlin51 said:

Why do i feel like this is a bad thing?

LoL you might not be to everyone taste and me saying you are right might make you post more :P

5 hours ago, saronin said:

You see the conundrum though right.  It seems to be ok to speed up the introduction of the S76 by two years or delay the Tiger introduction, however you want to look at it, for the sake of balance. Yet mentioning the movement of the pak 38 to tier 0, which probably would have seen action in the BoF if France had not fallen so quickly, is blasphemy. 

You are just rich stankyus. You cry about the pak 36 over performing and cite absolute equipment lists in tier 0 while complaining about even parody between two tanks that were introduced years apart in the final tier. 

You know the 88 is nearly useless on defense and is cumbersome to use on offense. It is a boutique weapon that doesn't get used often because of its cumbersome nature. 

Why don't you just come out and say what you really want? A situation where the Axis has no real effective ATG in tier 0 against a bunch of heavy tanks. 

You are talking like I made up the rules for items entering T0 - Jwilly also touched on the rule set for a T0 entrance - That same ruleset that did not allow the PZH into T0. The Pak38 did not see action in the BoF.. BUT what else did I say? I said this is a new CRS team and the old rule set has been out of the balance widow for a while.  You want to argue about the rule set for T0 equipment which BTW was handled differently as the RATS repeatedly explained the difference after T0 as to warping in equipment from later dates.  You are arguing with me as if I did it... no I did not do it, you're argument is with CRS.  Secondly I AM saying "I want mine too" you know because I pay to play also and I am paying for a WHOLE game, not just new [censored] for the other side.. certainly you get that right?

I also stated that I am FINE with the Tiger entering into T2, but it cannot be for FREE. There has to be a price.

The difficulty I am having with ALL that Merlin is saying is that lets look at the history of this game.

1. We do not get to T3 very often.

2. More often than not the map is won in T2.

3. As an allied player if we go with Merlins idea of moving the S76 and CH7 to T4 along with the Panther AND T5 the Firefly and M36B..

A. The allies will almost NEVER get to have a new RDP tank past T2, while the Axis get to enjoy a T2 and T3 fighting M-FKN-10s, CH3, CRU3s and S75s... Then get to enjoy another new beast the Panther vrs the S76 and CH7 - nah nah nope.

B. WE have been down the road of having the M10 as the MBT... are you seriously advocating we go back to that?

THAT is what is being advocated by Merlin.. its IGNORING the fact that this is a game with 2 SIDES that are paying customers who want to enjoy a game.  It is clear to me that one side is advocating a GANG bang orgy at the expense of the other paying customers to be the ppl who get to bend over and take it while they have their fun.  I am sorry, but I don't swing that way. All new tanks and beasty tank with and earlier entrance and we wont see anything new till T5?!!??  This is what you are arguing - mb you all should put up some ideas then that will give us some new very powerful [censored] so we get something also.

YOU ALL are being rich and hiding you're agenda behind minutia and mudding the waters.

And I am sorry Saronin - I am not directing my frustration at you personally, I am frustrated with how the game balance has been turned on its head and the Axis party brigade coming out and saying I WANT MORE.... fk you allied.

2 people like this

4 hours ago, dm79 said:

You need to play axis again for a while to re balance yourself mate, nothing like switching sides for a bit to wake you up and make you reliase the grass is not a green as you think it is.

God help me but @merlin51talks a lot of sense and has been pretty much on the mark for a while now, he has been balanced in his views and normally backs them up with facts, you have gone the other way its all emotion driven and feeling shat on, the only thing hurting the allies recently that i can see has been a lack of skilled (vets) population not equipment.

LOL DM - I am used to losing and I have stuck around and stayed on the losing side to HELP them. If I wanted to gang bang I would play Axis again, but frankly I got seriously bored playing the breakfast club and wanted more targets.

Secondly read what I posted to saronin - The sense you are talking about is going BACK to M10s, Cru3s, CH3s and S75s to fight fkn Tigers for 2 friggen Tiers again.. and for gods sakes man, I want some new stuff to tank in also.  I tell you what - if that is the path we go down and you all get your way, swear on your left testicle that you will play allied for a whole year after it and then tell me how much you like having a M10 to battle Tigers all the time with nothing new.. I bet you a million donuts that once the Panther is in, you will be Axis 100% of the time to battle the monster S76.. that is if you all ever get to see anything past T2 again.

1 person likes this

26 minutes ago, stankyus said:

THAT is what is being advocated by Merlin.. its IGNORING the fact that this is a game with 2 SIDES that are paying customers who want to enjoy a game.  It is clear to me that one side is advocating a GANG bang orgy at the expense of the other paying customers to be the ppl who get to bend over and take it while they have their fun.  I am sorry, but I don't swing that way. All new tanks and beasty tank with and earlier entrance and we wont see anything new till T5?!!??  This is what you are arguing - mb you all should put up some ideas then that will give us some new very powerful [censored] so we get something also.

YOU ALL are being rich and hiding you're agenda behind minutia and mudding the waters.

And I am sorry Saronin - I am not directing my frustration at you personally, I am frustrated with how the game balance has been turned on its head and the Axis party brigade coming out and saying I WANT MORE.... fk you allied.

God  I do love it why stankyus is dead-nuts, on the money correct.  Getting a little tired of it too Stankyus. And then they drag out the same 'ole "come play Axis and you'll see" routine. Same Axis Whine Brigade material.

But why change what works? CRS falls for it EVERY TIME and it's getting old. Very Very Old. 

Edited by lipton
1 person likes this

The current supply setup is genuinely the easiest it's been for years for the Axis to win campaigns, outside of the wtf Brit Garand.  The most recent 6 Day War with nearly equal TOM supports that notion.  Right now in C143 the Allies have a greater TOM advantage than the Axis did for C142 and the map has only moved about 1-2 towns deep.  It's a testament to the Allies that we have not lost even more campaigns.  

The last time it was this lopsided was when DOC boned the dog during C100 and gave the Axis 40% more armor than they were supposed to have.  

30 minutes ago, lipton said:

God  I do love it why stankyus is dead-nuts, on the money correct.  Getting a little tired of it too Stankyus. And then they drag out the same 'ole "come play Axis and you'll see" routine. Same Axis Whine Brigade material.

But why change what works? CRS falls for it EVERY TIME and it's getting old. Very Very Old. 

Any yet I bet you've never actually went over and tried it for a campaign.  Not once.

4 minutes ago, saronin said:

Any yet I bet you've never actually went over and tried it for a campaign.  Not once.

For a whole campaign? Nope. Never will either. So I guess that means you're right.  You just showed me. Axis should get more stuff because Lipton hasn't spent more time on the Axis side!!! lol 

Edited by lipton
1 person likes this

27 minutes ago, Capco said:

The current supply setup is genuinely the easiest it's been for years for the Axis to win campaigns, outside of the wtf Brit Garand.  The most recent 6 Day War with nearly equal TOM supports that notion.  Right now in C143 the Allies have a greater TOM advantage than the Axis did for C142 and the map has only moved about 1-2 towns deep.  It's a testament to the Allies that we have not lost even more campaigns.  

The last time it was this lopsided was when DOC boned the dog during C100 and gave the Axis 40% more armor than they were supposed to have.  

I didn't see you complaining when the Allies had multiple campaigns that never saw Tier 3.  In fact they had some as short or shorter than 6 days.  No complaints there I bet.  This campaign was a one off due to RDP bombing of French factories and a coordinated effort to target French brigades.  My guess is that RDP bombing is so rare that no one even challenged the 111's in the air until it was too late.  If I had to guess, it would be impossible to do it two campaigns in a row.  The Allies would be dropping 111's from the sky like no tomorrow.  I give them credit for pulling it off, but I'm skeptical that it could be a regular formula for winning.

2 minutes ago, lipton said:

For a whole campaign? Nope. Never will either. So I guess that means you're right.  You just showed me. Axis should get more stuff because Lipton hasn't spent more time on the Axis side!!! lol 

No.  That just means that you are generally talking out your [censored] because you have no experience on the other side.

3 minutes ago, saronin said:

No.  That just means that you are generally talking out your [censored] because you have no experience on the other side.

Yeah. That's what it means. In your little little mind

2 minutes ago, lipton said:

Yeah. That's what it means. In your little little mind

I know.  6 YEARZZZZZzzzzzz

6 minutes ago, saronin said:

I didn't see you complaining when the Allies had multiple campaigns that never saw Tier 3.  In fact they had some as short or shorter than 6 days.  No complaints there I bet.  This campaign was a one off due to RDP bombing of French factories and a coordinated effort to target French brigades.  My guess is that RDP bombing is so rare that no one even challenged the 111's in the air until it was too late.  If I had to guess, it would be impossible to do it two campaigns in a row.  The Allies would be dropping 111's from the sky like no tomorrow.  I give them credit for pulling it off, but I'm skeptical that it could be a regular formula for winning.

You forgot to use the words "superior tactics and communication" 

Just now, saronin said:

I know.  6 YEARZZZZZzzzzzz

uh...ok?

19 minutes ago, stankyus said:

The sense you are talking about is going BACK to M10s, Cru3s, CH3s and S75s to fight fkn Tigers for 2 friggen Tiers again

But we would also be talking about only seeing like 2 tigers, not 6 or 8.
I mean, we can fight a couple tigers right?
Even DM79 aint that good?

And there are goodies that can still come, its not like ok this is T2 for ever and ever amen, no more than T0 or T1 is final finished answer.
There is the M3 grant, and lee, which would be a cool unit to tank about in for example (least i think so).
Scotsman has talked about variants like some of the CS tanks, and smoke an HE shells.
Some could be done relatively fast others need time because they are totally new things.
In the meantime we could fix up the tiers and fix the balance?

But first let's get the STG44 & M1 Carbine in the game, because they will restore balance to the infantry game in which the Axis side now has dominance.  And EVERYONE will want to play with the iconic M1 Carbine instead of the lame / unknown STG44, right?

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Edited by lipton

1 hour ago, lipton said:

You forgot to use the words "superior tactics and communication" 

Of course. I forgot every loss is a result of the victimization of the Allied side. That's your narrative  

In sixteen years I've seen this game imbalanced horribly twice. For the first few years the Allies had it bad due to complete air dominance and super effective CAS by the Stuka. CRS effectively  recreated the BoF. It took them awhile to level the playing field. The second was 120 and 121. Granted I missed a few in there due to real world shooting matches but for the most part the game has been winnable for either side. 

1 hour ago, lipton said:

But first let's get the STG44 & M1 Carbine in the game, because they will restore balance to the infantry game in which the Axis side now has dominance.  And EVERYONE will want to play with the iconic M1 Carbine instead of the lame / unknown STG44, right?

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Here we have the pre whine before the whine that will precipitate future whines followed by more whines while drinking a glass of wine.

1 hour ago, stankyus said:

As an allied player if we go with Merlins idea of moving the S76 and CH7 to T4 along with the Panther AND T5 the Firefly and M36B..

I dont know about T5 stank, i think you misunderstand me somewhat, i can only think of 1 thing to call T5

T4 would have sherman M4A3, brits would call it a firefly and lay a 17pdr in it on its side but it's still a T4 sherman It would also eventually get M36 in the US, Brits would have achilles, there is a brit cromwell to fit in there and an A30 and a chaffee etc
At some point, we have to go back and look at the valentine too, because it spans many tiers including T4

Have to start someplace though right?
we have a sherman M4A3 which means we have a firefly, because we just have to switch the gun data.
We have a C7, we actually have an achilles, simply a matter of switching some gun data
So if we had a panther, we could begin a T4 and work out a balance with it to hold until the other tiers can be worked out and filled in.

ya know, the nonsense makes it impossible to have a reasonable productive discussion
:(

1 person likes this

8 minutes ago, merlin51 said:

ya know, the nonsense makes it impossible to have a reasonable productive discussion
:(

You came to the wrong place for a productive discussion. 

I didn't start it. But I'll be damned if I'll run from it.

I've never played an entire campaign as Axis therefore my 14 years of experience in this game and my opinion mean nothing. lol. ok.  Typical Axis response when You have no response. 

Edited by lipton

5 minutes ago, lipton said:

Running from the internet?  I think I saw that movie. 

1 hour ago, lipton said:

I've never played an entire campaign as Axis therefore my 14 years of experience in this game and my opinion mean nothing. lol. ok.  Typical Axis response when You have no response. 

I have played both sides. As has merlin51. It's eye opening. You build an appreciation for units on your own side that you thought were junk and you see vulnerabilities in units you thought were uber. You have essentially missed half the game but insist you know the Axis units as well as those who have used them for years. Your 14 years of experience when discussing Axis units means precisely [censored]. 

How about if the British get short barreled towed 6 pounders in T0, long barreled towed 6 pounders and short barreled tank 6 pounders in T1...as would have happened historically if Dunkerque hadn't wiped out the 2 pounder stocks, and Dunkerque never happens in-game in T0, and since it was a contracted buy it's old-CRS-game-eligible...and go from there?

Why do the allies need more ATGs?  Their tier 0 ATG already kills every tiered panzer, from a depot no less?  I don't get the need?