• Announcements

• HEAVY265

New Forum Lead!   11/17/2019

It's with great pleasure to announce B2K as the new Forum Lead.   I am very confident he will be good for the forums, he has great ideas and direction for the future of the forums.
      Good luck sir and GOD speed.
barbiere

small disappointment

28 posts in this topic

hi

to this day are 10 times I shoot first but the enemy turns himself and kills me. All at a distance of a 3 or 4 meters and with  my mg34.

ok, even the enemy dies but it is not possible to continue playing this way!

sorry because it does pass the desire to play  :(

Only thing I can think of its a bad connection on your end or his.  I dont have any problems with delay killing UNLESS the other play has such a bad connection he is lagging behind.  I have shot someone with a fill MG clip and he still wont die.  I just .report it and move on.

It's the ever-present lag problem. It used to be worse. Since 1.35 and netcode3 it has gotten better but inconsistent. To avoid it, avoid close combat cp battles in a large population (i.e. fun) and go guard a FB or find a low pop. battle. 

Happens to all of us and it does suck. Just a few days ago I shot a guy in the head with the k98 , he turns and hits me with SMG I die he kept fighting. 

It does [censored] u off .

Anyone happen to know if they use Client-side or Server-side hit detection? Either way it's a problem when there's high pop big battles, with high latency players. 

I believe that hit detection is client side.

Lag deaths are something that is very hard to avoid with players from all over the world playing on a single server.

20 minutes ago, bmw2 said:

Anyone happen to know if they use Client-side or Server-side hit detection? Either way it's a problem when there's high pop big battles, with high latency players. 

as with all MMO's it is client side.
What ever you see your client doing is what happens.

Now that being said, if the other guy does not get the message "Hey bubbah, i just plugged you full of holes" in a timely manner
he appears to continue living.
How long he continues to live depends on whats going on for him, or for you.

Some people do seem to get totally desynced with the game world, and refuse to die even latently.
Sometimes those people are easy to tell, they appear to be semi clueless to what is around them.
You may run around shooting them and they have 0 reaction like they dont even notice you.

.report those so a gm can investigate and get them to relog their game.

1 person likes this

30 minutes ago, kchip said:

mp34 misses evrything. Mp40 same. POS

hate to say it, but that sounds more like user error.
Both work very well in the 20 to 50m range which is where you'd typically be using them.Z
Only truly annoying thing on either one is the muzzle flash, and we got that on every smg / lmg, cept not for much longer.

I mean sure you can hit stuff out to 200m but it becomes more a matter of luck and a lot of wasted ammo

9 minutes ago, merlin51 said:

hate to say it, but that sounds more like user error.
Both work very well in the 20 to 50m range which is where you'd typically be using them.Z
Only truly annoying thing on either one is the muzzle flash, and we got that on every smg / lmg, cept not for much longer.

I mean sure you can hit stuff out to 200m but it becomes more a matter of luck and a lot of wasted ammo

Don't tell Merlin you cant hit the broadside of a barn with an mp34/40...he'll get you with all his archival footage and stats. :P

For some time during 2016 CRS solved lag problem, death was instantaneous, didn't matter if the other guy was playing from Texas or Beijing. But then they deleted the old predictor code because greentags and noobs could think this game was full of wallhackers, and lag became a problem again. But we are much better now, because our greentags and noobs don't think this game is full of wallhackers anymore...they just think it's full of speedhackers and immortal hackers.

Edited by sydspain

1 hour ago, sydspain said:

For some time during 2016 CRS solved lag problem, death was instantaneous, didn't matter if the other guy was playing from Texas or Beijing. But then they deleted the old predictor code because greentags and noobs could think this game was full of wallhackers, and lag became a problem again. But we are much better now, because our greentags and noobs don't think this game is full of wallhackers anymore...they just think it's full of speedhackers and immortal hackers.

Yup, it got immeasurable better, then for some reason they reverted back to garbage. 

No clue why, but for that short time infantry play was a pleasure, not a needed torture like it is now. 

2 people like this

I think it is a very very difficult problem to solve cause all playes are in the same server. This fact has advantages and disvantages.

Like syd and moe said, back in 2016 just after the March fund raising, infantry combat was smooth for a while.

For me, its going decently except for a few lagger cases and big pop battles.

ok but....

why dont happened viceversa? french and english inf with their submachine fire and i die...always!   meanwhile i must fire and fire and fire,  is lag for all or only for italian player :) ?

sometimes i think... software house is american and favors allied units?  i hope no!

thanks at all

LoL!!

Because you see what happens to you. Im sure that happens the same to many allied players. All you see is "fictional" like in matrix. You think that a player is alive but that player died seconds before or you think a EI fires you from behind but for that player he fired in front of you.... All is relative to the netcode.

I cant explain well due to my lack of english.... :( 

S!

Edited by kase250

np kase250..i understand u, thanks!

maybe the problem is their server too busy, the fact is that it is not fun.

IMO the CRS network infraestructure is large and optimal, the main problem is that all players are in the same server. It means that a player with a poor connection directily affects to the whole server.

If all the players had a good ping and were close to Texas, the whole server would work better. But Im from Spain, other player is from Denmark... other is from Australia etc....  And the server "lags".

S!

On 10/7/2017 at 8:42 AM, sydspain said:

I honestly think the predictor code and networking pre 1.33 with the only infantry personas at least on infantry combat worked better than anything we have had, you got many times the "I killed and you killed me" but at least it was kinda fair there wasn't more than 1 second of live before getting the information you were death and extremely rarely could you turn back and shoot.

disable netcode3 for a campaign and try it out?

No i mean serverside, for everyone, wont do any good if you disable it and phantom freddy does not.

1 minute ago, sorella said:

but one of these is true. 

both are false, unless you meant to post a pic of 2 guys in drag?
and the other pic is simply not how this game works. bunch of wu.

3 hours ago, MikeAZ said:

merlin for mod.

Why would you want to bring that upon yourself?

Understand MikeAZ i would attempt to use this power for the great good
But through me it would wield a power too terrible to imagine.