• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Attention Soldiers Operation Fury Needs you!   02/20/2020

Attention All Soldiers, Operation Fury needs you.  You need to choose a side and sign up.  
      For more intel on Operation Fury Please click HERE Please go to Special Event Forum (here), And sign up for allied or axis.
      This will be a CRS Lead event on both sides.  Xoom will be heading up the axis side and Heavy265 will be heading up the Allied side. This will be for bragging rights.
      Why are we asking players to sign up you ask. We are trying for a role play experience.   We want this to be a true realistic event.  
      So get up and sign up and let's make this the best event ever!!!!!!!!!!
      Give me your war cry, grrrrrrrrrrrrr
      Heavy265 **out**
fidd

Random questions from a returning player

12 posts in this topic

I'd be most grateful if someone could answer a couple of questions here - I've tried asking in game to no avail. I've been out og game for 7 years or so.

1. How does one deploy a UMS from a truck? ie what's the command?

2. If I understand it correctly, an ML can deploy a PPO infantry spawnpoint closer to town as needbe, presumeably by right-clicking? If he does this, what happens to the truck UMS in the event the PPO is destroyed? Does the ML's spawnpoint revert to the trucks location, or,  does the ML have to make a new PPO one?

Many thanks in advance

Edited by fidd

The FMS deployed by the TRUCK is the only PPO that can spawn inf. Inf can no longer deploy a FMS.

To deploy, hit the letter 'Z', then hit it again to start the deployment. You must be stopped and what you are deploying is green. If it is RED, you cant do it for many reasons.

You can also deploy other things from the truck. Just hit BACKSPACE and cycle through them.

Once you found what you want to do, then hit Z again.

1 hour ago, imded said:

You can also deploy other things from the truck. Just hit BACKSPACE and cycle through them

To list them as of current

Field FM - looks like gun bunker
City FM - deploys on concrete etc, looks like crates like the old FRU
Ammo Resupply crates - looks like small wooden ammo boxes, deploys most anywhere.

A couple of more questions if I may:

1. What's the command to change range on mortars and rifles?

2. AB;'s seem to have two buildings, and no bunker anymore. Are they both the same? Can one be full of axis and the other allied'? How does capping - or recapping - these work? (I havn't seen a "table" as such).

The rest I'm gradually figuring out again....

7 minutes ago, fidd said:

What's the command to change range on mortars and rifles?

page up and down on numpad by default

7 minutes ago, fidd said:

AB;'s seem to have two buildings, and no bunker anymore. Are they both the same? Can one be full of axis and the other allied'? How does capping - or recapping - these work? (I havn't seen a "table" as such).

They have a bunker, its now a tan stucco 2 story building with a flag on it
There is no more table, you now simply need to be in the building, its localized area capture.
And the more friendly bodys in the building the faster you cap

EDIT
A few towns have a different AB, and its a stone walled compound with a 2 story stone building, actually very cool
In those towns the AB spawns are not walled and may even be separated a bit.
I like those towns best.

Hi Smythes!

A couple more wrinkles have come up:

I tried swimming a river the other day, and was unable to climb the back on t'other side in the previously effective fashion (of 7 years ago). Is there a new trick to this, or has it been made impossible?

Secondly, the previous and old keymap I had for a CH Pro rig/ww2ol, now seems to have commands that no longer work. Is there a definitive list of all possible commands in ww2ol anywhere to help remapping? I prefer to map commands to stick, rather than the other way around.

There was something else, but it now escapes me!

Thanks chaps for your continued help.

hey fidd,

the keymapper tab avail when u pull your map up. top right.

the riverbanks have been a little cheeky since the terrain was "fixed" to get id of unintentional terrain clipping. You can still climb the lesser steeped slopes. takes some planning ahead

25 minutes ago, Kidd27 said:

hey fidd,

the keymapper tab avail when u pull your map up. top right.

the riverbanks have been a little cheeky since the terrain was "fixed" to get id of unintentional terrain clipping. You can still climb the lesser steeped slopes. takes some planning ahead

The climbing of the banks were changed years ago, due to the whining of the axis. This was before the FMS, when a inf could swim and place one. TO get out of the water, you need to find a turn in the river. Straightaways you can not get out of it.