Roto

Tank Commander

11 posts in this topic

Hello Roto,

Yes, you can kill the exposed commander. You can also kill other crew members of a tank depending on the model if they have opened view ports etc. When you kill the commander the driver and gunner are still operational so make sure you have cover and consider your situation and a retreat strategy. A tank without a commander is still relatively effective but still effectively hampered in their situational awareness.

As an example: If you are very near to a hidden FMS and see a tank rolling by in the distance with an exposed commander you may not want to draw the tanks attention towards you and the FMS.

S!

thanks Folks. I was real close, so I fired 4 shots right at his head, but the tank kept moving, I don't know if it takes a few seconds for his head to disappear or maybe I just missed. So I never knew if I hit him or what.

Edited by Roto

Also killing the commander does not kill the driver, so the tank will beat tracks and run off.
You have still removed the commander and limited the tanks SA severly

5 minutes ago, fracku2 said:

S! roto

When you kill a commander he will still show as out of the turret. His head will not disappear.

bleh, they should fix that so I know when to stop shooting or someone else a mile down the road knows too. But thanks for the info

18 hours ago, fracku2 said:

S! roto

When you kill a commander he will still show as out of the turret. His head will not disappear.

Minor flaw in game . You do see the rounds hit , once u shoot and his head doesn't dissapear u can rest assured he is most likely dead. German Tankers hate to loose the commander.  And usually button him up as soon as they hear small arms fire.

Now on the 38t and Pnz2 the Commander is also the gunner,  u see his head stick out ,shoot at him , if you land hits you just scored yourself a Tank kill.

As a tanker - the worst part about losing your commander is you lose audio and it's way more difficult to pick up and track ets