Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
talman

Am I imagining this?

8 posts in this topic

I'm on my 30 day premium trial, after having played intermittently a few times over the last 15 years or so.

One thing different I've noticed is that on occasion, if I'm out in the field as an anti-tank gun, a green tag on my own side will run or drive right up to my (hidden) position, and set off a smoke grenade, or make himself very obvious in some other way.  Shortly thereafter, I'm strafed, or an enemy rifleman shows up 20 feet away and kills me.

Is this just well-intentioned bumbling on the part of new players on my own side, and my paranoia?  Or is this some kind of new era griefing? 

1 person likes this

Green tags seem to love their smoke grenades.  They throw them everywhere.  I think they think they're forcefields.  

1 person likes this

One would have to wonder why any player, new or not, would throw a smoke grenade on your ATG position.  Unless as Dale postulates, they think they are force fields. :)

That said, without question there are accounts logged in to the 'other' side that are doing things to support that support the other side.  I must say that personally I have not seen too much of this going on though.  

If you do see someone that is repeatedly performing actions in support of the other side, like throwing smoke on your position, nerfing supply such as spawning and blowing themselves up repeatedly, etc... you can .report them.

You can't really stop these shenanigans from happening and I also believe we have to exercise some patience with the new players.  This is especially true when you are trying to run a coordinated op like taking down an FB.  The other day we had a group working on one and a new player spawned in, ran directly to the FB firing his weapon.  Sigh ...  Anyway, thats my plug for getting squad only missions back in here.  Or at least adding an option to turn off spawning on an FMS without taking it down.  

Just take note of their name and if they keep doing it, dot report them, especially if they don't stop when you ask nicely.

You can also look to see if they are on Discord, and drop down a channel and ask what's going on. You may end up making a friend, if they're just bumbling around.

IF you find someone who just killed you with their Hurricane in the same channel though... report it.

1 hour ago, dale said:

Green tags seem to love their smoke grenades.  They throw them everywhere.  I think they think they're forcefields.  

So true............the month of the steam release they were ALL throwing the dang things for no reason at all.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, bmw said:

So true............the month of the steam release they were ALL throwing the dang things for no reason at all.

Maybe the reason is that other games don't have them so they are just mesmerized by them. Who knows !  That and them thinking that they can kill anything they see and just keep shooting at you or the vehicle you are in .  You can only hope these are kids behind the monitors and not grown adults.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0