xtanker1

Video card and memory requirments

5 posts in this topic

What are the equipment requirements for this game? Considering buying an NVIDIA GTX 1050 card too upgrade from my older, weaker card that worked here years ago. Playing Windows 7.

System Requirements

Last updated on September 2015. For technical help, go to support.wwiionline.com

Recommended

Windows 8 or 10
Mac OS X 10.10+
Processor: 3 GHz Dual Core or 2.66 GHz Quad Core
Memory: 8 GB (Significant Performance Increase)
Hard Drive: 4 GB Free
Sound: On-board or Better
Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 250, Radeon HD 4850, or Better
Broadband Internet Connection

Integrated graphics hardware is not supported for PC

Minimum

Windows Vista, 7, or 8
Mac OS X 10.9
Processor: Pentium 4 3.2 GHz, Athlon 64 3500+ (2.2 GHz), or Better with SSE 2.0 support
Memory: 4 GB
Hard Drive: 3 GB Free
Sound: On-board or better
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 series or ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro
Broadband Internet Connection
Integrated graphics hardware is not supported for Mac

On ‎2017‎-‎10‎-‎15 at 11:05 PM, xtanker1 said:

What are the equipment requirements for this game? Considering buying an NVIDIA GTX 1050 card too upgrade from my older, weaker card that worked here years ago. Playing Windows 7.

A fast CPU is more important than a fast GPU. There's a lot of physics, and not the kind that Nvidia's PhysX can handle, in this game so the GPU is less important.

The 1050/1060 will run the graphics very well in game. You may not gain the FPS you think due to the CPU bottleneck, but it will help.  I'm running the game with a 660gtx(IIRC). Decent FPS until I get to a destroyed city (even if alone). then I'm into the 30s.

Yeah, what they said.

I have a gtx1070 with 8gb on board and still only hit the middle 40s in busy towns.

Maybe if the engine could utilize more than one core... my i5 would be able to help process the physics.

I was pretty shocked at that revelation, after building a PC from the case up.

My advice, get at least a VR capable graphics card for OTHER games and just ride with it. All other games I run at max res and with graphics all the way turnt up. No stutter, no frame issues at all.

This game... not so.