• Announcements

• BLKHWK8

Squad vs Squad Battle for Notre Dame Postponed   08/03/2018

The event for this weekend will be postponed... We have not been able to get a solid commitment to run the event. I will be posting a poll to select a better date and time. Poll:    Welcome back our Squad vs Squad events. Please check out the forum post here   
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bogol

All new LW pilots, watch this vid

9 posts in this topic

And you will love the E1. 

Seriously you will learn so much about the potential of the 109 E1 by watching this compilation of some amazing dogfights between two of the best pilots this game has had. 

Edited by bogol
2 people like this

Track IR yes, also... show the trim, AOA, etc.

Most people who can fly like this have trim mapped to something else so that they can use trim to maneuver and the elevator/aileron lets you turn/roll much faster.

I only use aileron trim set to x axis, because my thumb wheels don't return to "0" reliably enough to use elevator trim as a control surface.

I'd like to see that stopped though, because really... what pilot EVER cranked trim knobs or pulled trim levers to actually use them to control a turn?

That's rhetorical: the answer is: nobody.

Doesn't really show a new guy much you just showing us you flying, no insult intended a little help but.....  S!

20 minutes ago, sgtprost said:

Doesn't really show a new guy much you just showing us you flying, no insult intended a little help but.....  S!

there is good defensive flying in the first 1/3rd of that clip - you're right though there is no narration as to what the 109 is doing and why. he's essentially employing a rolling scissors defense or sometimes referred to as the barrel roll defense.

The following link is to a guide written by BMBM - it helped me way back when make sense of BCMs and ACMs  <--wikipedia link with all the terminology

https://pilotpress.wordpress.com/in-pursuit/  <--BMBM's In Pursuit guide.

Just something to note, that video has a massively out classed plane in the 109E1 up against a very kill hungry P38. A more disciplined P38 should never really be at risk from a 109E1 - P38 enjoys a very significant speed advantage. The H75 and Hurri1a could also do this to a 190 that over committed ... doesn't make those planes something you really want to fly in tier3. IMO.

Thanks for the link always like a good read, Oswald Boelke's book is really good if you dont already have it. It's available free on google books.

S!

On 23.10.2017 at 4:00 AM, merlin51 said:

Damn.
To be able to actually see behind you.

That's what I thought. The best trait of the E1 is the missing armor plate that seems weirdly big on all other models of this plane in this game. It even makes a bend to reach somewhat over your head. As you can't move your head around, you only can look behind you at one side - and even this is hampered a lot.

If we reach the point of new variants or choosable loadout - please make the armor plate optional.

Edited by vanapo

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0