Ltarflak

More variety of AA guns

More AA variety? quad 20's,m16's, dual 20's etc   7 members have voted

1. 1. More AA guns YES!!! nah

• YES!
    • no thanks

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 posts in this topic

Axis really needs the flak 30 updated to the flak 38.

I mean, the flak 38 was accepted into service in 1939.....

There is a 3x difference in AA performance at the light AA level.  axis is way under performing.  It's dismal.

After the flak 38, the flakverling and 37mm AA guns should be done (not mounted on HT).

The HT mounted bofors will be interesting, but i would far prefer to see the correct guns on it (flakverling and 37mm).

It'd be simple enough to keep the existing FlaK 28 artwork/model, but re-parameterize it as a FlaK 36. The appearance and size is close enough that it'd be acceptable. The different-but-comparable performance (less damage per hit, faster ROF) would be desirable for marketing purposes, to maintain the concept that the sides get reresentatively appropriate weapons. Certainly FlaK 28 was used by the Germans, and it could have been set on the back of a halftrack, but it's not iconic on the back of a halftrack.

026701_zpsl0p3fea9.jpg

sdkfzebay0mb.jpg

1 hour ago, jwilly said:

It'd be simple enough to keep the existing FlaK 28 artwork/model, but re-parameterize it as a FlaK 36

Ii would PAY to have that in game for just 1 day
FlaK28 with data changed to be Flak36 firing HE in rapid sequence, stuck in the back of an Sdkfz 7 with the seats removed.

For 24 hours it would be the baddest thing on the virtual planet. LOL

4 hours ago, delems said:

the flakverling and 37mm AA guns should be done (not mounted on HT).

I agree 

Flak38 should be ADDED to the game, not replace the flak30. The 37mm flak should also be added to the game and not replaced. I also agree there should be a ground based flak36 37mm AA guns.  I also want to see twin mle38 mounts etc..

Given all the new HE audits and tank busters the flak38 at the very least should be added.  Want to see the M45 added also for the US light AA guns and drop the mle38.

8 hours ago, stankyus said:

Flak38 should be ADDED to the game, not replace the flak30. The 37mm flak should also be added to the game and not replaced. I also agree there should be a ground based flak36 37mm AA guns.  I also want to see twin mle38 mounts etc..

Given all the new HE audits and tank busters the flak38 at the very least should be added.  Want to see the M45 added also for the US light AA guns and drop the mle38.

The M45 was regarded by US Army as hopeless ineffective compared to the Bofors.

14 hours ago, jwilly said:

The M45 was regarded by US Army as hopeless ineffective compared to the Bofors.

Doubt that will be the case in this game.. I mean If I can shoot down EA with a limited traversed .50 on the back of a M10.. I will own EA with it.  It was sooo hopeless they kept it in service into the mid 80's.

On 10/24/2017 at 10:57 AM, stankyus said:

Doubt that will be the case in this game.. I mean If I can shoot down EA with a limited traversed .50 on the back of a M10.. I will own EA with it.  It was sooo hopeless they kept it in service into the mid 80's.

That depends on if EA keep mowing grass or get up into the air where they belong for the large part.

Some of the AA you list is cool, but we need variable fuses and range finding for them to be really effective.
Especially if the ammo audits force the pilots to get off the deck.
Right now the only bofors pilots fear is the one that says Mozislak above it, and even Mo has a lot of rounds dud on him.
Post audit, maybe not so much.

And if they go up high, laying flak curtains with 37mm+ will probably become the way to go?